main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    He just has to provide a credit card number. It's not like they are locking him in to become the center person of a human centipede.

We have netflix...on my credit card. The kids orthodontic payments are on my credit card, their musical instrument rent-to-own is on my credit card. If I want something involving a credit card he won't do it. He is one of those cash only people. It drives me crazy.

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    My parents get annoyed when I don't carry cash. I have a checkbook that is collecting dust. The only cash I have is the occasional dime or quarter I find laying around the house and even then, it doesn't last long. Goes right into the buckets of the Vets and the Salvation Army whenever I see them. I like my wallet remaining as flat as the cards that are in it.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    You can have an ITunes account without having to provide credit card info. All you need to do select the gift card only option. I don't have my credit card on my iTunes simply because my brothers also use my account and I can throw them further than I can trust them

No offense or anything, most tecnology is not hard to figure out, as long as you take the time to read all the options.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I wore my new Hobbit t-shirt today, which has the movie poster of Bilbo at the open door on the front and the opening line of the Hobbit on the back and had so many comments on it from people I don't even know.

RK_Striker_JK_5 likes this.
  5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I wore my stormtrooper jersey, which was appropriate for "Star Wars Wear Day," despite me not knowing about it until I signed on tonight. Unfortunately, I was wearing it underneath my Metallica hoodie, as I was cold.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I have my credit card on iTunes since I do occasionally buy music on there, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to have it until you try and buy something. You can rip CD's to iTunes, I do it all the time.

I didn't carry cash for years, until I moved to Boston where it seems like you almost have to do so. There are strangely a lot of places that are cash only/have a high minimum(which they technically can't do, but they do) and even when they accept card, it makes going out to eat with people really hard if you don't have any cash.

7. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    So I got this shirt for my husband for Christmas:
    [​IMG]

And then I got this one for myself while I was at it:
    [​IMG]

Heehee.

TrakNar likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I set up the account fine, but when I tried to add the iPod it said you have to go to the store and then click Manage Devices, but when I go to the store it said I had to put in a credit card when I click skip it just bring me back to the start. I think if you put in a gift card number like Briannakin said you can avoid the credit card. But I don't have a gift card and I am pretty sure the nearest place to sell them is 30 miles from my house (I live in Deliverance Country).

Anyway, I don't care. My account is set up for my iPod and he knows what he needs to do if he wants to upload his music to his new account. It is out of my hands now.

Damn, it is snowing again.

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
  10. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Here you go. :D

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, you can have all that you can carry out of my yard.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Alexis_Wingstar Not that kind of snow! :(

Jedi_Lover I live in Florida, so yeah... I miss it greatly. I would happily take all of your snow from you.

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006

'K, my bad. :p

Here!

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
  15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Any more requests? ;)

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Yes. Can you deliver it down here? :p

17. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    *waves* I'll take some snow! The boyfriend and I are actually pondering the merits of a Christmas Eve day trip up to the mountains to visit some snow, since it looks like I miraculously might not have to work that day. :eek: Of course, they might still tell us we have to go in, because the wizard is evil. [face_beatup]

The entire production is completely loopy at this point. Today, one of our production managers e-mailed the whole show to let us know that we have fewer than 300 shots left to finish, which is awesome! But starting with reply number one, it quickly devolved into a thread of nothing but silly pictures and animated .gifs. So far, it's gotten 75 replies. All but one of them include a gif, and the one that doesn't is another of our production managers saying, "No really guys, this is crashing our e-mail. Please resume at a later date or start a new thread."

Yep. End of show crazy has set in. 8-}

18. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I have a whole box of LOTR-themed checks that I don't use, from an account I don't use, either. I think there's $10 in it . . . There's no point in having checks anymore, with most places not taking them.

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    You want snow. I can give EVERYONE SNOW! I live in the mountains of northern Canada. It snowed in August [face_plain]

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I'll take it. Can you guarantee it will survive the trip to Florida though?

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'll give you so much, it won't be able to all melt on the way there.

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I have a new Darth Maul journal and Boba Fett dry-erase board. (And a Deathly Hallows Christmas ornament.)

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I have to get writing the Christmas fics I was gonna post on Christmas Eve. :oops:

24. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I finally designed a t-shirt for my brother, as I was waiting on him to supply me some renders. I'm hoping it gets printed and shipped in time. I still have a ton of other shopping to do for the rest of my family.

25. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    :( I keep getting dizzy and sort of fuzzy. I dunno if it's related to that car accident I had in October, but it's been happening since then. The doctors said they didn't find anything wrong, I get these spells where if I move my head or even just my eyes too fast or in the wrong direction, everything swims.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.