main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

celeb-spotting at CE

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by mdunn77, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdunn77

mdunn77 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2007
    apart from bumping into Anthony Daniels in the loo, I also encountered Richard LeParmentier.

It was outside during the showing of ANH on Friday evening. Admiral Motti was being choked on-screen and right behind me I heard "Damn fine acting" - it was Richard LeParmentier, who was with John Culshaw. He then got mobbed for free autographs and proceeded to drop his wine-glass (which smashed) before beating a hasty exit to the pub.

So.. who did you bump into?

2. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    ...surely it's more interesting talking about the 'other' celebs we bumped into rather than the ones actually AT the show? :p

I saw Jon Tickle for example...what a true celebrity star (if this were visual, my sarcasm would be like goo dripping out of my mouth...)

I also swear that i saw Kylie one day.

3. mdunn77

mdunn77 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2007
    fair point.. I was going to mention that I had lunch on Friday a few tables away from Patsy Palmer and her kids (in the Fox) but it's not much to write home about :)

4. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Patsy Palmer eh? Not bad not bad!!

SW wise, I guess Peter Mayhew & Jerome Blake (was good to see him again, particularly as I now know we have another common friend!) were the only two i bumped into outside of the autograph hall...the one big difference for me over my last SW con experience!

5. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    Saturday night - directing Jay Laga'aia to the Waterfront Barbeque .

6. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I think actually meeting Rick McCallum by chance was mad especially when he signed my Pass and actually asking me if I wanted a photo with him was really cool, which i did :)

7. LadyPoison

LadyPoison Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Bumped into Warwick Davis, Ray Park, Robert Watts, and Rick McCallum wandering around at various times and got pics with each of em! :) Simon Pegg was wandering around apparently, didn't see him myself though!

8. FitKisto88

FitKisto88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    LOL! I was walking around in an Admiral Ackbar costume and when someone said "there's Patsy Palmer" I thought at the time they were talking about me. [face_laugh]

9. aisha1

aisha1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    I saw the guy who plays Jake Moon in Eastenders wandering around, he was also the comedy The Office.

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I talked to Jerome Blake at about 4.30 in the morning on Sunday (funny story about that, actually :p)

11. Neogeta

Neogeta Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    Mark Hamill was having drinks in the bar at our hotel Satuday night along with Kenny Baker and Shannon McRandle whom I got a autograph of earlier in the day.. sadly my camera's batteries died on me :(

On Sunday morning David Prowse was having breakfast a table behind me and my buddy, and we also shared an elevator ride with Kenny Baker who was really down to earth same I was too gobsmacked to say anything..

-Neogeta

12. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Apart from the Star Wars celebs, I spotted Colin Baker, Paul Darrow, Jim Rosenthal and John Tickle

13. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Oh yes - i forgot Jim tilli uploaded the pic of he and I at the bar! Classy, heh.

See - next year I am going to stay at the hotel the stars are likely to be staying at - that is muchus fun! Just be friendly with them - i'd have paid good money to get a pic of Mark Hamill and Shannon McRandle together!

14. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    When we got back Thursday evening from the city, we saw Steve Sansweet sitting in the lobby of our hotel (Novotel)

Friday morning at breakfast we saw that there were a few more of them staying there - David Prowse sitting in a corner stirring his coffee, Jeremy Bulloch coming in, chatting up one of the little people (can't remember who, but not Warwick Davis), the Needa guy and a few minor ones

not much of a random spotting, but Rick walked through the Platinum stage before the... Fanboys screening, I think

shared a lift with Needa later and got on one just when Bulloch got off

Davis was then at the breakfast on Sunday

does Robert Watts smoke? If so, I think I've seen him outside at breakfast one day, but I'm not sure

and of course we saw a couple of them walk between hotel(s) and ExCel now and again

we never bothered them, though, especially not during breakfast. besides, who does bring a camera to breakfast anyway? :p

in the end I only got a random sneaky picture of Steve Sansween on Monday, because he arrived at the back entrance/exit of the SW Exhibition like 2 minutes after we got out.

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Tim & I were sitting near the West entrance having a bit of lunch on Sunday and we saw Peter Mayhew heading outside with his assistant to take a smoking break. Tim got some pics from a few feet away but we didn't bother him.

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    All I remember is Steve Sansweet coming over to the FF table.

17. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Bum!! I just found out that Simon Pegg was at the auction on Sunday, and sitting only a few seats away from me :eek:
    He also won the bid for a Vader item but I'm really annoyed I missed him :oops:

18. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I saw Simon Pegg, though I can't remember which thing it was through. Dave'll remember, because he was the one who spotted him :p

Um, I spoke to Jay Laga'aia after the Battle of the Bands, but other than that, no one :p

19. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Me and Leigh saw Steven Sansweet outside County Hall too, as we where leaving The Exhibition.

I did get Rick to sign my pass but it's now nearly all rubed off :_|

20. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    He was at the table? :eek: What did he want? What did he say? Did he wanted to join us? ;) :eek:

21. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    If only we could have gotten Simon Pegg at our table **sigh**

Yep, Steve Sansweet was at the table and looking at the art work :D :D
    Sadly we were all at the Mark Hamill talk, lol. But Tim got some great pics of him so we'll have them uploaded as soon as poss!

22. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I blame myself for not talking to anyone of the VIPs, we saw. But what to talk about with them? That's always so difficult... ;)

Was the same way with Matt Wood: we got to the FanClub lounge and then he sat there at a table with some people and I didn't know what to say or ask if I would've sat down there. And he seemed busy giving some kind of interview to the guys at the table (they filmed him with a digi cam).

23. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Ran into Jay (Typho) after the battle of the bands and got a free autograph. :D

24. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Amon - Dave?

25. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Dave = rebeljediknight_88

Amon = Heda :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.