main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CEII Celebration Europe II July 26th-28th 2013, Essen, Germany

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Sep 4, 2012.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope to book accommodation within the next few days, the main issue I would think will be flights and which day to arrive (maybe Thursday night to be ready to go Friday morning).

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you come why not stop in London for a couple of days on the way back? I'd be glad to show you around!

Also, if you don't have a passport be sure to allow plenty of time to get one.

3. MasterVonbee

MasterVonbee Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2013
    I intend to get tickets next payday! Have to be grown up this month and pay for stuff like electricity and food :(
    Seen lots of pictures of the previous events in the US, they look fantastic and if Celebration Europe is half a good it should be a great weekend!
    Never been to Germany so thats a bonus.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So did anyone answer the survey about streaming services from Celebrations? I basically said that I don't watch my video online but would be willing to pay a small sum to be able to see recordings of the panels after the event itself.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I have my 3 day ticket :D

I am fine with seeing recordings of the panels online after they have been, but I haven't answered the survey yet.

6. f.nyman

f.nyman Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2013
    3day ticket, flight and hotel booked and paid for...

You guys that have Done this before..How does it work With photo ops and autographs, when do they usually become availible and how is the planning when it comes to the timing between talk, photos and other things that you have to buy tickets for? I attended The Star Trek event in London last year, and it was chaotic.

Soo looking forward to this!

/Fredrik

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Welcome to the boards, and please check out the Nordic Countries forum as well if you want to meet other Swedish people.

You don't need to buy tickets for the talks, and they go on all the time so you simply have to choose which ones to attend. Autographs go on all the time as well, and usually you can both buy tickets in advance and at the con. For big names it's best to buy in advance.

8. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I'v been waiting for another convention in Europe and this is the chance for me to have this experience; I really hope I can make this work. Does anyone have any idea of how long tickets will be available, because I have to wait a while longer before I can buy tickets?

9. f.nyman

f.nyman Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2013
    Thanks, as a First timer, it is nice to know There are some veterans around. :) Checked The Swedish site, But not much life there...Hope this event Will change that and people will wake up soon.

/Fredrik

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm a local as well and I would suggest to stay in Essen as well. Düsseldorf is close and it's possible to go to Essen by car or train, but it's a lot more comfortable to be in a hotel close to celebration place.

Those extra environmental fee cost about 5€, if one needs one for a new car. But if one rents a car, then those stickers are paid and attached in the front window of the car already. So I wouldn't worry about this detail - in case you want to rent a car still. :)

Is a FanForce party planned? Or any kind of meeting outside of the CE II? It would be sad, if there's none. There was always one! :)

11. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    I'm so hovering on the order-button lately. But there's so many things that must fall in place..
    Maybe I should just go for it. I'll meet people there, so there's not really a problem with going alone, I suppose

CaptainRegor likes this.
  12. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Of corse not We'll be there! :)

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Maybe they'll even bring in the SW speed dating again. That was actually a really fun way of meeting a lot of new people.

Zapdos and SithLordDarthRichie like this.
  14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    ...or you just meet up with some of the other members of the JC/FF. ;) You won't be alone for too long! :)

From where are you btw? :)

15. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    Yep! :)
    I'm from Norway

16. f.nyman

f.nyman Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2013
    I'm going alone too, but I'm confident that it won't be a problem... :)

MasterVonbee and CaptainRegor like this.
  17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Zapdos, I'd guess that there'll be some more people from Norway. Have you asked in your local FanForce? IIRC it's not the most active one, but it's worth to ask. Maybe you can even meet one of your FF there. :)

18. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    Skiara Yes, I do know of at least one other norwegian going, so no sweat, really. It's just a bit """awkward""" since I'm such a new member and don't know anybody that good. But I think I might go either way. Great way to get to know you guys, anyways! :D

19. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    There is no such thing as local fanforce for us fans in Norway... :( We're spreed thinly

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sad to hear. I hoped that there's a small one still. I saw a few threads in FF Nordic Countries though. At least one other person from Norway. It's a start! A small one of course... :)

But anyways, while the new movie is getting closer, more SW fans will show up for sure. So there's hope. ;)

And... you'll fit in well - no matter how new you are. Some people joined FF meetings within weeks after signing up and they had fun. :)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  21. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    Yup, it's a shame. Three users out of 5 million people.

Yep, I'm looking at flights and hotels now. I will let you guys know if I decide to go :D

CaptainRegor likes this.
  22. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    I come from the UK and i will be coming alone love to meet you all!!

23. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Just so everyone knows: I'm now officially going (paid my ticket just now) AND I happen to live in Bochum, fifteen minutes from Essen and the venue. So if anybody who's not from the area needs pointers as to things like where to stay or the German idiosyncracies that one should be prepared for, ask away!

24. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I wonder what to respond now so uh...

Welcome to the club! About time when you live that close. I have to swtich 3 flights to get there!

25. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011