main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Celebration III Coming Up Fast!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JayTee_Erricck, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Hello, Everyone!

As I write this, there are about 8 weeks left before Star Wars Celebration III. For anyone unaware, this will be a Star Wars convention taking place in Indianapolis, Indiana on April 21st - 24th, 2005. This will probably be THE last big Star Wars "party" before THE last (?!) new Star Wars film comes out. [I'm sure y'all know that Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is set to debut in theatres on May 19th, 2005.]

I'm wondering, are any of the members here on this particular forum board planning to go? I'll be there all 4 days. I did not attend CI or CII so I'm really looking forward to this one! Can't wait to see everyone in costume!

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee Erricck

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    regrets for me. am "chained" to my desk. and my canoe seems to have a hole in the bottom of it.

3. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Hi, mac nut!

I'm sad to hear you won't be there. I was hoping you & your hubby would make it. Haven't seen you folks since the NEX event!

Well, I plan to take either a load of pictures or a considerable amount of video. [I'll be a recon Rebel Commando out of O'ahu....] I'm guessing the local 501st troop will be doing the same.

In any case, I hope to share the images with y'all that will not be able to make it.

Jay Tee Erricck

4. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    how many from our local 501st are going? I didn't see any email from you folks, so didn't know anyone was planning to go.

yes, please take lots of pictures to share with us. Thanks.

5. PrinceEspaaValorum

PrinceEspaaValorum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Would love to go. But as a grad student, too busy, too poor.

6. FuimusMaximus

FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    yeah. Take some pixs and share them with us who won't be going. ;)

7. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    To mac-nut, PrinceEspaaValorum & FuimusMaximus,

Wow! There ARE members that still post here! I know I've met mac-nut but I don't think I've met the Prince or Maximus. Perhaps one day.

As far as I know, all the 501st gang (sans mac-nut & hubby) are going with the exception of Trooper Scott & one other member whom I don't think you've met. Those 2 will be doing the Empire's bidding at the local "Kawaii" Convention during the same days as Celebration 3. [You could probably get the details on that event by doing a search on Google.]

In any case, I'll be in touch.

Jay Tee Erricck

8. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Be sure to tell Preston "hi" for us; we miss him, his wife and kids.

9. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    mac-nut,

I'll find out from Hawai'i's 501st if he'll be there &, if he will, I'll be sure to seek him & his wife out to pass on the greetings!

MTFBWY
    Jay Tee Erricck

10. Nanashi

Nanashi Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2001
    i would love to go but the navy doesn't pay enough for us to go and jason doesn't have enough leave time i don't think. we were going to try to go but no go.

have fun!

11. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    To mac-nut & Nanashi,

mac-nut,
    I spoke to someone from the 501st here. He said that, unfortunately, Preston & his "better half" will not be at Celebration III. This saddens me but, oh, well, can't win them all. Perhaps we can e-mail him our Aloha Spirit!

Nanashi,
    No worries. I'm hoping to post photos, etc. about my experience at C3 which will hopefully help others that weren't as fortunate to go to "live vicariously" & enjoy the experience, even after the fact.

MTFBWY,
    Jay Tee Erricck

12. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I'll be there Master JayTee, me and padawan Tanya. Call me up dude let plan it out.

13. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    yo, JT you never sent me your hotel info yetdude, let me know as soon as can!

14. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Hapa Jedi,

Greetings. The Force is with me, but I am not a Master Jedi yet. If anything, I am still an adult Padawan.

I hear Padawans become Knights once they take on an apprentice. If you would like to be my apprentice, then you can call me Jedi Knight Jay Tee!

In the New Jedi Order, with Master Luke Skywalker trying to rebuild the Jedi numbers, he has bent the rules of tradition (out of sheer necessity) & has allowed those in touch with the Force to become Padawan learners even in their teenage or adult years. I hear that, due to the lack of sufficient Jedi Knight or Master numbers, some Padawans have not been assigned to someone to study under. These Padawans, like myself, must travel the journey of learning the Force, in great part, on their own.

In any case, please forgive me for not getting the hotel to you & Tanya sooner. I will have ample time to finally send you the info later today (Thursday, March 17th, 2005) when it is daylight. Right now, at 2:55 a.m., I should go to bed. [Just finished watching Episode VI: Return of the Jedi for the upteenth time!]

Jay Tee Erricck

15. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Hapa Jedi,

As mentioned / promised, I have e-mailed you the hotel stay info for Celebration III. Please let me know when you've had a chance to look the e-mail over! Thank you.

May the Force be wiccha!

Jizzy Tizzy in the Hizzy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.