main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Celebration IV confirmed for Los Angeles May 2007

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediLarryB, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i am looking for a few volunteers to help with the kessel run on monday - basically volunteers would work at a checkpoint to give racers their next clue. the shift would be from 11:00 am to 3:15 pm

2. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    If I weren't already volunteering at the FanForce table from 10-12, I would do it in a heartbeat. :(

3. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm also looking for helpers...

An exhibitor/panelist/diorama builder with ILM is requesting some assistance from any Wednesday CIV attendees. This is not a vendor or anyone in the store. Anyway, we're looking for 3-5 people people that can help unload a truck (shouldn't be anything too heavy) and set up tables and displays in a 100x100 foot space in the Fan Fair Hall. If anyone can offer an hour or two to help, it would be appreciated -- even if it only means helping out between episodes of the Movie Marathon or during your "less favorite" films (*cough*PhantomMenace*cough*).

I'm not sure if we can get folks in who don't have a ticket for the Movie Marathon, but I can check, if you're interested and don't already have a ticket, that is. It would only mean entry into the display area though, not the Marathon screenings.

Let me know if you're interested in helping out and I can get back to you with details. Oh yeah, it should be really cool and fun! Thanks!

4. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Hey, some of us like TPM. :(

5. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    As CIV draws closer, the mainstream media have begun entertaining us with their error-filled articles. Here are two excerpts from "Festival of the Force," an article from Downtown LA Scene.

"That was mostly spearheaded by myself and other members of the 501st Legion,? Crosby said, referring to a charity organization of fans who tour children?s hospitals dressed as the film?s Rebel Legion.

fans dressed like Princess Leia in her famous golden slave-girl bikini will be treated to a workshop on how to belly dance like Slave Leia.

I don't recall Leia belly dancing in Return of the Jedi. In which edition did that appear?
    The author makes it sound as if you have to dress in a metal bikini to attend this workshop. I hope General Grievous and stormtroopers show up for the dance lessons.

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    A LOT!!!!!!!!

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
  8. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    SW store PDF is available for download finally.....now the serious shopping starts ;)

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070518.html

9. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Wow, that took a long time to load! :eek: I thought it wasn't working. :p

10. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I want that Chewie Bomber jacket!!
    But....$100 :oops:

11. RumbaRue

RumbaRue Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2007
    Since I can't go to the con;

If for some strange reason Harrison Ford is there and doing autograph signing, I'd be willing to pay someone some money for getting me a autographed picture of him.

Same goes for Ioan Gruffudd (though I doubt he'd be there, but you never know...)

Sincerely,

Rumba Rue

aka Shari Land

12. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Can someone who is up there and reading this let me know where the VIP Registration area. I will be getting up there on Saturday and I really don't want to be in the wrong line for nothing.

13. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Surprsisingly, the registration area is run fairly well.

The area for all onsite pick-ups is in the West Hall lobby. Go to the glass doors at the far left of the entry. There is someone at the door to help you.

14. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I am surprised with the quickness and ease of the registration lines!

We've been having a blast!

Getting ready to head up for day 3 :)

15. MtnJedi

MtnJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Well another Con come and gone. I think all things considered it was the best Con experience I've yet had. I love Star Wars. ...And now I tired...I-)

16. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    We had so much fun hangin' w/ all of our SW buddies at C4! (fun & tiring, like all cons) Amber & I just got back a little bit ago & then we went straight to the jacuzzi, unfortunately the Marriott did not have a jacuzzi there, just a pool. But yeah.... after that, I swear I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight! [face_tired]

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We're home. My feet are hating me. :(

18. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Got home around 7 some time.
    Hoping to get these kids in bed here. They slept a large part of the drive home. Such a late nap tends to muck up bedtime.
    Had a great time!
    Wish we had seen more of you but we did get to see quite a few of you guys.
    Hey Dan...stop stalking us...we know you secretly were...:p

19. Danakin_Skywalker

Danakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......What???[face_whistling]

20. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    [begin rant]
    Probably the worst time I have ever had at a convention. Every single picture that I was supposed to be in got mucked up. I forgot a major costume piece for every costume I brought. I left early because I wasn't feeling well (and am now sick at home). The icing on the cake was trying on my C4 logo shirt this morning only to find out it is skin tight and I can't wear it. There goes $25 down the drain. [face_frustrated].[/end rant]

One bright spots in all the frustration was Rachel's Jedi Knight Trials and the Rebel Legion Costuming Panel that went very well.

21. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    I went up there Saturday with Kat and Jon. Now, I might be biased but it seemed really small to me. The convention layout was terrible and had people jumping through hoops(convention store) for almost no appearent reason. There were some things that they did that i wont even mention or want to think about what might go wrong.
    The one programming panel that I did see was the Robot Chicken Writer's panel with Seth Green in the audience. It was a blast!

Now, to actual work on Con...

22. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    Here are all of our pictures

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=13b8s5zr.2e2qb1hf&x=0&h=1&y=-mszjec

23. Tal-Kender

Tal-Kender Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    Ditto, Luigi.

I hate to say I was kind of disappointed with the whole thing. I guess I was expecting more because of all the hype and build-up, not to mention comparing it to Comic Con, and also to E3 (who uses the entire convention center including the underground halls like Kentia and such). The convention store was um... weird (using a kind word here). But overall, for what the fans got, I think we were overcharged, but that's just my opinion. I do know I'll think twice about attending the next one.

On the flip side, it was great to meet everyone, put new faces and names together and see exactly how awesome the people this fandom are. I had a blast at the Trooper Olympics, loved the droid races and thought the model making was facinating. The fan hall was by far the most fun part of the convention.

Come on Comic Con!

24. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    On the plus side, Tal, it made me proud of the convention that most of us love.

25. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't know, I kinda liked the emptiness of it. I was allowed to relax, and I was in no real rush to do anything. I think I had the most fun just hanging out with all of my friends from the board (all the other RSAs and moderators/Admins).

Just found this... Who's that dude with the awesome hair?

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/photo_gallery/555/AOTS__Olivia_Munn_at_Star_Wars_Celebration_IV/index_pg2/9679.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.