main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Celebration VII - Anaheim CA Apr 16-19 2015

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by LAJ_FETT , May 4, 2013.

1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Who cares about an Ep VII, Im holding out for a big huge event/reveal for the proposed Star Wars theme park at Disneyland during this celebration. Kind of similar to the star tours event at CV

Grand Admiral Strife likes this.
  2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Considering that Disneyland is right across the street from the convention center don't you think there is a high probability that there could be a Star Wars party at Disneyland a la Last Tour to Endor?

3. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Sure hoping so :D

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    As the park will be in Spring hours, which means it closes at like 8 or 9 to the general public, I'm guessing this is a very high probability.

Grand Admiral Strife and JM_1977 like this.
  5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Celebrations I-III were also about a month before the premiere, so you can expect LFL to use it as marketing for the film and possibly get some spoilers, but not seeing the whole film.

Well being the little aviation nerd that I also am I've already checked and found out that currently it's only Air France that flies the A380 to LAX, but British Airways will start in the spring. After having flown that from New York last time I don't want to do a long flight on any other plane, I also prefer if I can have the change of flights in Europe so that I have really arrived when I land in the US. If there were direct flights from Sweden I might have considered flying something else, but when I have to change I rather change to a good plane.

6. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I can understand that, I only fly the A380 from here to LA too.

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Yeah, your flight is even longer, it's around 12 hours from western Europe to LAX.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've done the flight once from the UK - 12 hours is about right. However, we took the northern route which took us right over Greenland. Good trip to have a window seat!

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes, when I flew to CIV I flew London-LA, and it just marveolous to go over Iceland, the Arctic and then the Rockies.

10. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Yeah there's NO WAY there gonna show the film at the convention...and I agree,even if I could get in.EVERYBODY needs to see it at the same time worldwide.

11. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I'm really excited that it starts on my birthday! There's no way I'm not going

12. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Applications for fan programming, art submissions, and exhibitors are all up now. Media registration is on October 15. They have also added a few new official hotels. All off-site but not too far from the convention center.

13. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002

heh.. when i flew to Celebration Europe, i did LA-Frankfurt. i recall a lot of Canada. and then over England. and some movies in between.

14. crescenstar

crescenstar Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2013
    ill be there! =) from Venezuela to California!!!! just bought the tiickets!

Jedi Hasegawa and jawajames like this.
  15. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    Soooooooooo, Star Wars Episode 7 officially comes out in December 2015 while the Celebration is in April? Does this mean less exclusive footage, not as good of a chance to get Cast/Crew there due to them still working on the movie?

16. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    I was wondering that too. Would they move the Celebration closer to Episode 7 premier? Would they move it to August? or even November?

17. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I don't imagine there is any way whatsoever that they can move celebration - too many tickets already sold, hotels and flights booked, etc...

Kind of wish they had waited to set up celebration until the release date for the film was set in stone as this leaves this celebration at a point where less people involved in post-production can appear, less footage can be shown, less can be talked about, etc. Not a dealbreaker for me, but kind of a wet blanket thrown over it a little bit.

Dewback likes this.
  18. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Tickets shouldn't matter, once you bought your tickets you should be able to get into the convention no matter when it is held, be it April or Nov.
    How many people have bought tickets already, besides the VIP ones, or even booked a flight? I haven't nor have I booked a flight. All I have is a hotel reservation that could be easily changed. This celebration is only 4 months old and we still have more than 500 days until it starts, it's not like it a last minute thing. I believe that if they wanted to and if they acted quick enough they could change the date with a small "disturbance in the force"

19. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    But would rescheduling it for November be realistic? I doubt people would be as willing to plan a trip so close to two major travel holidays. If they do feel compelled to reschedule it then August would probably be best and if they stay with the original date then hopefully the new Star Wars attractions at Disneyland will be open in time for April. Does anyone know whether the convention center's booking schedule is like? That is something to factor in as well.

20. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    SW Fans must remember. There is a lot of time to put together a little something special
    for us because, the convention is in California; next to Disneyland; folks flying from around
    the globe; and it gives Lucasfilm enough time to put together some footage from the next
    SW saga to wet our appetite. At CV, Uncle George and Jon Stewart were the highlight for me
    just because they took the time to be there.
    I believe that some of us are jumping the gun too quickly here. If it were Nov. 2014, I could
    understand some of the concerns. I say, let them do what they need to do. Personally, I'm
    really patient but is as excited as everyone else. If the announcement were released six
    months prior to the convention, fans would question how come they didn't say anything
    sooner.

Jedi Hasegawa likes this.
  21. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Filming should be done by then anyways (fingers crossed) as most of the work is always the post production stuff. Hopefully we'll get at least 2 of the following: George Lucas, Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, Dave Filoni

22. DarthNicholas

DarthNicholas Jedi Padawan

Aug 11, 2010
    I am hoping for a snippet of a trailer that has not been released. I am thinking they are going to have JJ Abrahams there as the main guest speaker, Kennedy would be nice, Dave Feloni. Looking forward to seeing some big names there. Some of the cast would be awesome to see. Going to be laden with the new rebels. I wish I had purchased more stuff at Celebration 5. I always felt bad for choosing college classes for not going to Celebration 1. I have these regrets, now I am going to go all out.

23. Jedi Hasegawa

Jedi Hasegawa Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2014
    I bought my tickets last year and am ready to go! I can't wait! I feel so fortunate that I live in Southern California, just 20 minutes away from where the Celebration with be held! I feel the timing of the Celebration is pretty good considering the points already made above (holidays and already booked flights and hotesl). I plan to cosplay as fan fiction created Jedi, Tanake Trang. I hope to have the costume ready before Comic Con this year and know it will definitely be ready before the Celebration next year. Are any of you planning to go in costume?

24. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I've got my tickets ordered! I'm about an hour and a half from the celebration. :D

25. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    Celebration newbie here. I'm in SoCal (just moved here for school in the past year) so I definitely want to go. Should I jump on tickets now, or is it safe to wait a while?