main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Resources Chance to learn Doug Chiangs techniques and meet Doug

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Savuud_Thimram, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savuud_Thimram

Savuud_Thimram Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2010
    If you follow the FB page you are probably already aware of this. For those of you that don't, check this link out.

Enrollment ends August 29th. Anyone can enroll.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Course-Mechanika-Creating-the-Art-of-Science-Fiction-of-Doug-Chiang/227548327287882?sk=info

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    That would be awesome to go to though unfortunately it isn't possible for me to attend.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Me neither as I don't live in the US. However the book looked pretty interesting so I got it from Amazon UK.

4. Savuud_Thimram

Savuud_Thimram Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2010
    It's a very cool book and if you've got any kind of art skills at all, stands on it's own with regard to delivering the techniques in a easy to understand, straightforward manner. When I found it I about dropped a brick as it's something I've been wanting to see in a book for a long time. I'd always guessed at the techniques and got within 80% of getting them right but the book did a great job of filling in the rest.

In teaching the class I intend to fill in some minor gaps the book leaves and help folks who maybe don't have an art background get the basics required to do the techniques. Hoping some folks in the area see this or other internet bumps out there and will be interested. Getting down to the wire.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It might be nice if you could post some of your tips here for those who can't attend the class - maybe after you have taught them. I have the art talent of a gnat but still bought the book as I like Doug Chiang's work and it looked interesting. (His Slave I on Kamino art is my background on the laptop and I had the pleasure of seeing the original at a SW exhibit in London in 2007).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.