main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Change of Fate [Luke, Leia, A/P, Obi-Wan] time-travel ROTS AU - *COMPLETED* + final replies 3.07.07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrazyAni, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    :_| U...U...U! and ur evil cliffies :_|

[face_laugh]

Loved this chapter though=D=

Anakin pursed his lips into a thin line. ?The smuggler Han Solo, who pilots a junk ship and nearly killed my daughter? I?m sure, we would get along well.?

Leia opened her mouth and closed it again as Anakin continued to scrutinise her with slightly narrowed eyes. It was something she hadn?t expected at all.

?He?s a good man, Father,? she managed to say at last.

?No, he?s a scum of society.?

Anakin?s expression was calculating. ?I now know his name,? he said slowly. "That should be enough to trace him? I bet he?s a Corellian.?

Padmé slapped him on the chest. ?Ani,? she scolded him. ?You aren?t going to search the galaxy for the little boy, are you? He might even not be born yet.?

Leia smirked. ?Actually, he ought to be ten or eleven by now.?

Anakin?s eyes widened in surprise. ?He?s ten years older than you?? he choked. ?Leia, this is a large age gap. I think his age adds one more factor to the fact that this Han??the name was gritted through the teeth??is not the right man for you.?

It was too cute to see Anakin like this [face_laugh] ... c'mon Leia, like he was gonna love the fact that Han's a smuggler? [face_laugh] and the fact that he was a lot older than u? [face_laugh] loved loved that part... and poor Padme trying to intervene :p

Well i hope the epilogue is posted soon [face_whistling] [face_praying] cause i cant wait to see how this ends, although part of me doesnt want it to end :(

Thanks so much for the pm :D

2. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I hope the future changed for the better...and Leia still gets Han after what happened

3. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    One more?! Wow! Feels like I've been reading this fic for a lifetime! Wow, this will definitely go down in my memory as on hell of a fic! One of the best!

Can't wait for the next (last!:_| ) intallment!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

4. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Sorry I took a while. DRL is a pain.

Tracing her fingers over the smooth banister of the veranda, Leia imagined the balcony being filled with childish laughter as the tall man would chase after little ones, his wavy blonde hair glinting purple in the rays of the setting sun. Awww....

?I used to hate you so much,? Leia said, surprising even herself with these bold words. ?Darth Vader brought me so much pain? When I saw you here and learnt who you were, I hated you for the things you hadn?t even done yet, the things you will now never do.? She feigned a smile. ?I was so consumed and blinded by that hatred that I failed to realise that you were not him. I never considered the possibility that, with my hatred that strong, I might turn, too? But through my mother, I eventually learned who you really were, and my hatred was slowly replaced with acceptance, and then turned into love.? She was able to tell him! [face_dancing]

?Father, who was it who named me? Was it you, or mother??
    Anakin frowned thoughtfully. ?I don?t know,? he said slowly. ?Padmé and I were discussing baby names, but, somehow, I was so drawn to you that I couldn?t think of any other name for my daughter.?
    It's the perfect name.

Leia swallowed a lump that had started forming in her throat. ?I miss home so much, and I don?t even know if I will ever be able to get back.?
    Wordlessly, Anakin moved to embrace her, and she leaned against the warmth of his chest as his arms wrapped against her. It felt good and soothing.
    Doing a father's duty at last.

?I?m sure you will find this? Han again even if you won?t be able to return.? She'd hunt him down.

Leia bit her lip, looking up at her father. ?How will I find him? He?s a smuggler,? she said bitterly. Uh-oh.

Anakin pursed his lips into a thin line. ?The smuggler Han Solo, who pilots a junk ship and nearly killed my daughter? I?m sure, we would get along well.?
    Leia opened her mouth and closed it again as Anakin continued to scrutinise her with slightly narrowed eyes. It was something she hadn?t expected at all.
    Darth Daddy...

?He?s a good man, Father,? she managed to say at last.
    ?No, he?s a scum of society.?
    ?Calm down, Ani,? Padmé intervened, entering the apartment and giving Anakin a quick kiss on the cheek. Her eyes twinkled with amusement. ?Hello, Leia.?
    [face_laugh] Love how Padmé can calm him down.

Anakin?s expression was calculating. ?I now know his name,? he said slowly. "That should be enough to trace him? I bet he?s a Corellian.? Eep.

Leia smirked. ?Actually, he ought to be ten or eleven by now.?
    Anakin?s eyes widened in surprise. ?He?s ten years older than you?? he choked. ?Leia, this is a large age gap. I think his age adds one more factor to the fact that this Han??the name was gritted through the teeth??is not the right man for you.?
    You're justing making it worse, Leia. You should have stopped while you were ahead.

Anakin grumbled sceptically at her words, but his expression softened. Leia?s thoughts trailed once again to the future she wished to return to, to her father and her husband getting along with each other, to her possible brothers and sisters, to her dear friends? Yet another awww moment.

When they came back to their world, would she and Luke retain their memories of the Galaxy that has known Darth Vader? Of their trip to the past? Or would they arrive to a wholly different world, as different people who grew up together, with both parents watching over them? If they returned home at all? And that is the question.

Anakin and Padmé seemed to freeze, as though something had passed over them?some precognition, a ghost of knowledge that something important was about to happen? They're leaving.

?He?s on the roof,? Padmé said softly. A knowing, pensive glint gleamed in her brown eyes. ?Take care of yourself, Leia. And? tell Luke again how proud I am of him.? :)

Her father looked at her with an expression identical to Padmé?s. ?We will finish our convers

5. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    I can't believe its nearly over. This story has been great. I am really looking forward to the epilogue to finding out what they arrive back with.

Thanks again CrazyAni, really looking forward to the next chapter!

6. Mystery_Jedi90

Mystery_Jedi90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2006
    Well, the end is closing in. So it will all be over...[face_worried]:_|:D
    Really this has been a tremendeous great story. Thank you so much for the wonderful writing you have brought to us. I have had a great time reading this fic, fantastic.

Loved the part when Anakin think Han is not a suitable man for his daughter. Always protective, isn't you Anakin?:)

Don't be lazy with the epilogue. I'm eagerly waiting!:p

Mystery_Jedi90

7. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Incredible chapter, I especially loved the father/daughter moments. I was laughing when Anakin wanted to find young Han. I am on the edge of my seat, and I can't wait to see how you end this. Great work!

8. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    Wonderful chapter. I am anxious to know what the future would bring. Can't wait!

9. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    A fine cliffhanger... Now we will know if they changed there time or another...

How interesting.

10. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    So wonderful seeing Anakin and Leia get to have a good moment together, where she could learn to forgive him and he got the opportunity to be a father. I love how you pulled them together finally in the end and helped Leia understand. And now the Force is taking them back--I can't wait to find out how things really are changed now, and what they remember. :D

Beautiful work, CA--every chapter is always so impressive. Much =D= as always.

11. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Oh, this chapter was lovely. The perfect mix between reflection and humour.

*snickers* And Anakin's already grilling Leia over her love life! I love it. If he and Han ever do meet . . . hehehehe.

I look forward to the Epilogue.

12. Kivas

Kivas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    great chapter, I look forward to seeing the changed Galaxy.

I am hopeful that all is set right :)

13. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved it, I loved the father/daughter conversation, I could even feel that it was necessary. And yay, they are going home, and I don?t doubt that Leia will find Han in that universe and their parents?and everyone else of course.

14. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    SuperSaiyaMan12: Who knows, my friend? Who knows? Thank you for reading!

DarthJishyWishy: You will see everything for yourself now. Thank you for reading!

Jazz_Skywalker: Oh, what would Leia?s childhood be like with such an overprotective father as Anakin? [face_laugh] You?ll see in a sec how everything will be resolved. Thank you so much for reading!

randomangel22: I?m not sure that you?ll sad that this fic ended after you read the ending? Anyhow, thanks so very much for reading, dear!

Darth-Semians: Oh, I love reading your speculations! You?ll see in a sec how much you?ve hit. Even if I won?t hear from you after the epilogue, thank you so much for reading!

zozobozo: Hi! Sorry that I didn?t reply to your wonderful review on ff.net ? I tend to forget to reply to reviews there? *blushes*. I?m just so glad that you enjoyed the ride, and were along with me till the very end. I hope you won?t be disappointed in the ending. Thank you so much for reading!

Dooku-Darklighter: Oh, thank you so much for your most kind words, my dear friend! Unfortunately, uni is being extremely sithly now, so I can?t be online much? But I will get to your story, I promise! I hope you won?t be disappointed in mine. Thank you for reading!

FitJedi: Yep, these two would have been really adorable together, wouldn?t they? Such a pity that GL had such an evil muse. Thank you so much for reading!

DarthSilious: Hehhe? I?m not sure if you?ll still be so sad that this story has ended after the last chapter. I did send the PMs the last time, but I must have missed you?sorry, I have this annoying tendency of missing people who don?t review. [face_blush] My most sincere apologies. You will get the PM this time! Thanks for reading.

Darth_Kripp: There will be no sequel, and the epilogue will make it pretty much obvious. Thank you so much for your wonderful words! It has been such a joy for me to have you along as a reader. Thanks again!

PadawanMom5610: Oh goodness, I?m so nervous about the epilogue after reading a wonderful, wonderful feedback of yours full of such high expectations! Against all reasons, I still do hope that you will enjoy the ending. I?m so glad that you joined this story! Thank you so much for reading.

ROTSfan: Yes, Anakin and Padmé knew that it was the last time they would speak with the grown-up twins. Against all hopes, I still hope that you?ll enjoy the ending? Thank you so very much for reading!

Erised_Star: No, there won?t be any A/P stuff anymore. To be frank, I didn?t know what to write?Padmé accusing Anakin of hurting all of them once more, and guilty Anakin defending himself? After 40+ chapters of writing these guilt-ridden characters, it?s hard to produce similar conversations without repeating myself? I?m sorry! I do hope that you?ll enjoy the ending, even though I?m more than sure that you won?t? Anyhow, thank you so much for reading!

Veloz: Cliffie? That wasn?t a cliffie! I?m glad that you enjoyed the A/L/P Han-conversation. I hope that you?ll enjoy the ending despite your high expectations. As always, thank you so much for your wonderful review and for being such a loyal reader to this story!

Talon_Kenobi: Leia will surely get Han, one way or another. Thank you for reading!

Jedi_Master_Cazz: Awww, thank you so much for your most kind words! I hope that this story will go down your memory in a positive light despite the ending. Thank you so much for reading!

Independence1776: Wow, thank you so much for your wonderful review! Oh yes, Anakin is quite a father?a former Sith getting worked up because of a smuggler. I hope that you?ll enjoy the ending. I?m so glad that you found this story! Thank you so much for reading!

Diamond_Revelation: Thank you so much for reading! I really hope that you enjoy the ending.

Mystery_Jedi90: Aww, thank you so much for your kind words! I?m so glad that you enjoyed reading this story, and I can only hope that you?ll l

15. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Well, people, this is it?the final chapter. I can?t believe that this is true? It took me one and half years to finish this nearly 500-pg-long story. I feel like a real writer.

Many of you might be slightly disappointed in the ending, but this is the conclusion that I planned before I began writing. It just seemed right to me this way.

I want to thank every single one of you who had been reading this story since the very beginning! With so much angst and so little humour in it, it hasn?t been an easy feat.

Thanks to all the lurkers for your silent encouragement! It means much to me that you managed to pull off. But, maybe, there is still a chance to hear from a couple of you this one last time?

And, of course, many, many thanks to my faithful readers who were with me through all the 40+ chapters of this story, writing wonderful, encouraging reviews that helped defeating Writer?s Blocks and drove me on! You don?t know how amazing you are. [:D]

With that last boring author?s note over, I can only say?enjoy!

Epilogue

Home

The soft grass tickled Leia?s body as she lay motionless on the ground, a gust of wind fluttering onto her face. The ache from the spinning and pulling dulled slowly with each mouthful of the crisp air she took. The golden vortex dissolved into nothingness; the Force pulled back from them?they were at home. Vague noises from somewhere far away were lost in the thick quietness of their surroundings which flowed in a wave of wonderful scents in her nose?scents of a changed world. The sky was a firework of gold and pink, and the dimming rays of the sun brushed sadly against the top of the trees in a farewell kiss.

She couldn?t wait to find out how the changed world looked, she was sure that it did change, that she and Luke had managed to make a difference?

Leia forced herself to stand up and stretched her nigh irresponsive limbs. They were on Endor, in the same clearing Luke had begged her to forgive Darth Vader in what seemed to have been eternity ago. Yet would they land on Endor if the Galaxy was changed? There must have been some kind of a special occasion in this different world?maybe, an anniversary of their parents? wedding, or a lifeday of their younger brother or sister. She couldn?t wait to see them all?

Near her, Luke rose slowly to his feet.

?Leia,? he called quietly, staring at something behind her back. There was something? wrong with his face.

?What is it, Luke?? Leia asked anxiously, seizing his arm.

A strange expression crossed Luke?s features?it might have been called smile due to a slight curl of his lips, but the listlessness of his eyes made it look like a grimace of pain. ?We are home.?

Leia nearly laughed with relief. ?I can?t believe it! We will see our friends again?Han, Chewie, and Lando.? Her heart made a mad jolt as excitement raced through her. ?And? we will see our parents again?both of them, happily married as they should have been! What do you think, how many siblings do we have??

Luke continued to stare at her with an almost pitying expression. ?No, Leia. You don?t understand.? His voice quivered slightly.

Leia felt her smile dwindle. ?Understand what??

Why did Luke look so shaken as if something bad had happened? The timeline has been changed, their parents were together and were waiting for them here, on Endor?Leia was sure about this, she knew this? Han would worry if they didn?t come back soon? or worse, her father would. An involuntary smile broke across her face as Leia thought of him.

She pulled Luke by his sleeve, feeling like she would burst from impatience? or the flooding anticipation. ?Come on! Let?s head to the others before Han or father comes to search for us. You know how they can be??

Luke?s lower lip trembled and he gently disentangled his tunic from Leia?s grip. ?Leia? he won?t come searching for us.?

Leia raised her eyebrow, laughter threatening to bubble up her throat. ?You mean Han wouldn?t be searching for me if I disappeared??

?No, n

16. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    WOW!

At this exact moment, the newborn opened his eyes, and Leia gasped, Han?s voice fainting into the background of her mind until she could no longer hear him. The baby?s eyes were blue?a vivid, brilliant shade of blue that Leia had seen only in two persons so far: Luke and? her father. Her son had her father?s eyes.

The baby smiled and seized her finger. It was a familiar smile from her past, the unique smile of a blue-eyed man who was gone now?

?Anakin,? Leia panted.

?What?? she heard Han?s voice as though from light years away.

A familiar, phantom warmth brushed against her cheek?the touch she hadn?t felt since Endor. Her heart racing, Leia looked up, but there was no one there. Yet she felt that someone was in the room?someone who she knew, someone who loved her very much? She could sense his presence even though her eyes were too little sensitive to see.

The hairs rose on the back of my neck.

I loved how you ended this story. It beautiful and bitter sweet. I could feel Luke and Leia's pain and Anakin's love for them. Well done! Well well done! You have certainly raised the bar with this fic. This has become one of my favorites. I think I may go ahead and read the story over again. I am going to miss this=D= .

17. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

I did not expect that ending at all, but it was awesome! Lovely story.

I'm still sorry I couldn't finish beta-ing for you, but I'm glad I was able to for awhile!

jazz

18. Cyke

Cyke Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    Perfect. Simply perfect.

19. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    that was a great ending CrazyAni!

and a wonderful story!

Thanks for all the PM's and for the story itself!

20. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    That was absolutely wonderful. I loved the story itself though I must admit I will have to go back and read the entire thing some cloudy day this summer.

I loved your ending, especially the last two scenes. It was beautiful! I really liked Leia's 180 turn in her opinion of her father. And Anakin's birth...lovely, simply lovely.

Thanks so much for your wonderful story. It was a pleasure to beta for the chapters that I did and a learning experience for me.

Great job!

=D=:D=D=

21. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) You did a great job in showing the connection between Anakin Skywalker and his heir, Anakin Solo.
    Unfortunately, there are no sequel to this timeline, but there may be one to the other timeline. I wonder. If there is, I'd be most pleased to read it.

22. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    A lovely ending. I like that you did not change the future, but only allowed a daughter to know her parents.

Well done and congratulations on finishing a story.

23. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    :_| this was so great :_|

I'm glad that u chose not to change the outcome of Luke and Leia's journey=D= , because it indeed simply wouldnt have been the same. At least Leia specially had a chance to see her fater for who he was before he let the darkside take hold of him, and they were both able to make memories of their parents that they wouldnt have had otherwise.

The only thing i would change was Padme showing up at the end :p, but i really enjoyed this fic, and i'm very glad u finished it for us... a real treat =D=

I hope u'll continue writting different fics, and i look forward to them, because i really like how u write :D

Thanks for the pm's aswell [face_peace]

24. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Nice ending. =D= =D= =D=

It was not what I thought it would be, nice curve you threw in there. It was bittersweet for Leia to feel so much love for her father only to have it ripped away from her again. I personally would liked for it to have a kind of Disney-ish ending with the "Happily Ever After." But, the way you ended it left me with fullfillment... for now. I know that later on, I will be contemplating what that alternate universe where the Skywalker family is together, is doing. But that is for a later time and place - besides, somethings are best left to the imagination.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

25. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Incredible work, I really like how it ended. The whole point of their trip through time was to know their parents, and they got that wish. Thank you for writing such a great story. =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.