main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Change of venue - moved from Earls Court to ExCel in London

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by CarolynNC, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From Paddington it looks like you'd take the Circle Line on the Tube to Tower Hill, then get the Jubilee Line from Tower Gateway to Canning Town. From there it's the DLR as detailed in Lord-Tice's post above.

2. CC77

CC77 LFL Artist VIP

May 6, 2002
    "From Paddington it looks like you'd take the Circle Line on the Tube to Tower Hill, then get the Jubilee Line from Tower Gateway to Canning Town. From there it's the DLR as detailed in Lord-Tice's post above."

You don't get on the Jubilee line. You get off at Tower Hill/Tower Gateway and walk a short distance to the DLR. It's about 1 city block away, caddy corner from the Tower of London. Once you're at the DLR Tower Hill/Gateway platform, catch the train headed for Beckton. That will take you to the Custom House stop for ExCel. Be mindful of which train you're on. There's one that goes to Lewisham, which will take you south, so avoid that one. If you find yourself on it, get off at Westferry and switch to the Beckton bound train. Also, keep in mind that the tube stops running at 12:30 a.m. and the DLR stops running around 1 a.m.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That sounds easier. I've never taken the DLR so I didn't realize it was that close. I was going by my London Tube map.

4. CC77

CC77 LFL Artist VIP

May 6, 2002
    Mind what zones you plan to travel in. If you're coming from Paddington station, you'll need a pass for zones 1-3, which is £5 pounds, good all day, and works on busses and DLR also.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/maps/

5. Wengboi

Wengboi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2006
    Cheers for all the info, it's a big help. I'm gonna get it down on paper and take it with me just incase I get stuck. It's a shame that the event isn't more central.
    Where do I find out about the hotel packages that coincide with the con? Are there any special offers or anything?

6. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    You have to buy your tickets first, then you'll be given a password/code for hotel discounts, but basically you will have to do all the work yourself by phoning the local hotels and given them the password/code and they'll be able to offer you a discount. Not exactly easy nor convenient and I'm not even sure how good the discounts will be but hope that helps :)

7. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    CE now appears on the official ExCel website events calander, ho-roar :D
    ExCel Events

Exciting stuff I'm sure you'll agree :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.