main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Changing an Order (Siriwan, A/P, RotS AU - Completed: 5/8) Sequel is up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya Solo, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Title: Changing an Order
    Author: Jaya Solo
    Timeframe: After Secrets of the Jedi through Revenge of the Sith
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi, Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala and miscellaneous other Jedi
    Genre: Siriwan, AU, one of those all-around fics
    Summary: Siri does not die from Magus? shot, and Obi-Wan and Siri explore a relationship.
    Notes: My evil former padawan Jaina_Solo_15 challenged me to write a Siriwan fic? and this is the result. Blame it on her. :p Dedicated to my muse.
    The sequel, Restoring Order is up! :D

New Post Schedule: One post a week on Monday!

[image=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/pleaseacceptthisusername/ChangingofanOrder.jpg]
    Cover Art by Jaina_Solo_15

?We could always leave the Order again,? Obi-Wan mused as he nuzzled his nose into her neck.

?That didn?t work well for us the last time we tried,? Siri responded, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

?Well then, what are we to do? We cannot continue to ignore our feelings. I think last night made that perfectly clear.? Obi-Wan smiled and lifted his eyebrows slightly, causing Siri to blush at his implication.

She had almost died at the hand of Magus. In fact, the pain from the blaster bolt made her think she [i]was[/i] dying as it ripped through her chest. The pain almost made her wish she had. The bright side to that whole ordeal was that Obi-Wan had insisted on taking care of her as she recovered. Many would attribute how the blaster bolt missed her vital organs to luck, but she trusted in the Force for answers. There must be a reason that she was spared from death.

Obi-Wan, once again, was forced to face the death of a loved one when Siri was shot, but this time, thankfully, he did not lose one so close to him. The feelings and memories associated with Qui-Gon Jinn?s death flooded his mind as he saw Siri take a hit. He knew for certain that he had lost another friend, but by some strange trick of the Force, Siri had not died from her wound.

While Obi-Wan sat outside the Healer?s ward, waiting on news of Siri?s condition, his had mind wandered to the past. He had fallen in love with Siri, but they could never be together.

But the Force had given her back to him?

Feelings from the past mixed together with feelings of relief at a life not lost. One thing had led to another? and now Obi-Wan and Siri were forced to deal with the repercussions of their actions.

?Surely we can?t be the first to have done this,? Siri remarked ruefully.

?I?m sure we aren?t, but that doesn?t excuse our actions either.? Obi-Wan sighed. What were they to do? They were in the middle of a war, a war where they were losing members faster than padawans could be trained. The Jedi could not afford to lose any more Jedi, especially them. Obi-Wan hated to think more highly of himself than he ought, but the Jedi could not afford to lose two seasoned Jedi this far into the war. ?We could??

?We could what?? Siri asked, intrigued by the way Obi-Wan trailed off.

?We could force them to deal with this issue.?

Siri was quiet for a moment before she replied, ?I?m afraid they [i]will[/i] deal with this issue. We will be expelled.?

?I?m afraid they cannot lose more Jedi. We are at war, Siri,? Obi-Wan reminded her.

?That doesn?t mean they will bend the rules for us. They will force us to separate or leave,? Siri replied, logic crowding out any hint of hope from her head.

?I don?t wish to separate nor to leave. I cannot leave the Jedi, nor can I bear to lose you again. They will not take you from me,? Obi-Wan whispered, determination evident in his voice.

?We could hide?? Siri replied in an equally hushed voice.

?We could never hide this from them. Master Yoda knew how I felt for you the last time, and I can never hide this from Anakin. He knows me far too well. We will face this as Jedi and go before the

2. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    *bows* Thank you for indulging my evil plot bunny, Master. :D

What a sweet, mushy way to open the fic. [face_love] I love how Obi-Wan refuses to let Siri go again, and I really love the whole plot bunny for this fic. :D Tis awesome.

[:D]

3. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    I'm intrigued. I do like the idea of them facing the Council instead of trying to hide their relationship.

Go, rebel Obi! :D

4. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Obi brings up some good points :)

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    They will not take you from me

That was eeriely like Anakin's "You will not take her from me" from ROTS.

I like that Obi-Wan is willing to face the council instead of trying to hide his love for Siri.

Great job!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Can hardly wait to see what happens next! :D

7. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Hmmmm....interested to see where this one goes...please update soon! And I'm glad she forced you to write a SiriWan, we can never have too many!

8. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Defiantly looks interesting. :)

9. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    This has caught my eye. I'm anxious to see what happens next.:cool:

10. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    This is great, please write more. I like Siri with Obi the best.

11. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow! I'm absolutely amazed by the number of responses I've received so far! So far the story is 32 pages long... and it's still growing. So don't worry about getting more. You'll get it soon. :)

12. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    :D :D :D See how happy you've made me Jaya :cool:

13. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Oooh nice job! I love Siriwans, and haven't read one in ages! So to come across such a nice one was just what I needed [:D]

I like how they're going face the issue- I'll be interested to see how Anakin and especially the Council reacts!!
    So glad to hear there's more in stock!!! :D

14. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_love]

I wish the Siri/Obi relationship could have worked out. They're such a great couple, and you showed them so well here!

Love that Obi-wan was willing to stand up for their love and not hide it. Can't wait for more!

15. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Humm. Obi Wan and Siri

Well I don't think she's the right person for him. A bit cold, sarcastic, arrogant. Traits in my mind aren't suiting for a jedi. As far as a story, this is pretty good.

16. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    YES another Siriwan![face_dancing] Great beginning, I am looking foward to see where this story goes.

Update soon![face_praying]=D=

17. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    i like this story a lot!:) i like seeing how they aren't going to hide how they feel, thats pretty cool. hope you update soon!=D=

18. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I love it!!! Moremoremore!!!:D

19. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Wonderful start! I can't wait for more!

=D=

20. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Dude! So many replies! And just in two days! I?m absolutely overwhelmed.

Jaina
    All your fault! It?s all your fault! All 50+ pages right now. :p

What a sweet, mushy way to open the fic. I love how Obi-Wan refuses to let Siri go again, and I really love the whole plot bunny for this fic. Tis awesome.
    You?re just saying that because you know what happens next. :p

DarthMousche
    I'm intrigued. I do like the idea of them facing the Council instead of trying to hide their relationship.
    Well, I figure that Obi-Wan is more mature than Anakin, and therefore his relationships are bound to be more mature.

Go, rebel Obi!
    We all love those Rebels, don?t we? ;)

jacen200015
    Obi brings up some good points
    Heh. And we wonder where Anakin gets being full of himself from. [face_whistling]

KELIA
    They will not take you from me
    That was eeriely like Anakin's "You will not take her from me" from ROTS.

There are some eerie parallels in this story.

I like that Obi-Wan is willing to face the council instead of trying to hide his love for Siri.
    It?s just all part of how I see Obi-Wan.

Great job!!
    Thanks! :D

princess_of_naboo
    Can hardly wait to see what happens next!
    Thanks! The next scene involves them facing the Council.

SiriKenobi12
    Hmmmm....interested to see where this one goes...please update soon!
    Probably within the next day or so. I should be studying for finals instead of writing!

And I'm glad she forced you to write a SiriWan, we can never have too many!
    :: whine :: But it?s already past page 50!

starwarsfan1000
    Defiantly looks interesting.
    Thanks!

AP4EVER
    This has caught my eye. I'm anxious to see what happens next.
    Patience, my young apprentice. ;)

Darth-Buddy
    This is great, please write more. I like Siri with Obi the best.
    Yeah, they are a fun couple to write.

jodiwent
    See how happy you've made me Jaya
    Jodi! You have no idea how happy you?ve made me! It?s awesome to have you find this story, since I read all of the ones you wrote about Obi-Wan. Thanks. :)

Stella_Ripple
    Oooh nice job! I love Siriwans, and haven't read one in ages! So to come across such a nice one was just what I needed
    [face_blush] Thanks. I?m really humbled by what most of you have said!

I like how they're going face the issue- I'll be interested to see how Anakin and especially the Council reacts!!
    I had fun writing their reactions. Probably too much fun? [face_whistling]

So glad to hear there's more in stock!!!
    :: sigh :: Probably too much more!

Inara
    I wish the Siri/Obi relationship could have worked out.
    You mean it?s just in my head? [face_worried]

They're such a great couple, and you showed them so well here!
    The mush gets worse. Or better depending on your point of view.

Love that Obi-wan was willing to stand up for their love and not hide it. Can't wait for more!
    :: snicker :: So that means I can send you my entire story, right? [face_batting]

Jauhzmynn
    Humm. Obi Wan and Siri
    Well I don't think she's the right person for him. A bit cold, sarcastic, arrogant. Traits in my mind aren't suiting for a jedi.

In her younger days, yes. But we all grow up.

As far as a story, this is pretty good.
    Thanks.

Master_Talek
    YES another Siriwan!
    It?s sorta weird to write for a ?popular? genre. I?m used to writing stuff about characters not many hear of. This should be interesting.

Great beginning, I am looking fowar

21. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    [face_dancing] I finished it! I finished the 65 page fic! YAY! [face_dancing]

In celebration of this momentus occasion, expect the next post up soon. :D

22. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    ?Glad to see you are well, we are, Knight Tachi.?

Siri had not expected to meet before the Council this soon, but they had requested to see her as soon as she recovered.

?Yes, we cannot afford to lose good knights like you, Knight Tachi,? Mace Windu commented.

?Thank for your kind words, Masters,? Siri responded softly, hoping that they could not hear how quickly and loudly her heart was beating. Could they allow them to continue their relationship?

?We did not expect to see you here also, Obi-Wan,? Mace commented. ?I hope that young Skywalker has not caused any trouble lately.?

Obi-Wan chucked nervously at Mace?s remarks.

?Good to see you, it is, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Need to discuss a matter of great importance with you, we do,? Yoda added, cutting off any remark that could be made about Anakin and his impulsiveness.

?Thank you Master Yoda,? Obi-Wan replied as he bowed. ?And Master Windu, fortunately Anakin has done nothing worthy of coming before the Council lately.? The masters smiled, hoping that Anakin had grown out of his reckless phase and into a more responsible one, but deep down they all knew this was not the case.

?A vacancy on the Council, we have. Wish for you to fill it, Obi-Wan Kenobi, we do.?

Put lightly, this was not at all what Obi-Wan had expected to hear during this meeting with the Council. To be asked to join was a high honor, one Obi-Wan was not sure he was worthy of.

?Thank you Masters. I am honored.?

?Perhaps your place on the Council will help your padawan think through his actions more carefully before now that he may receive an immediate word from the Council through you,? Mace Windu jokingly added.

?Actually Masters, I am afraid that I have been the impulsive one this time.?

?Oh?? Yoda questioned.

?Knight Tachi and I have entered into a relationship.?

Obi-Wan?s statement was met with stunned silence. Obi-Wan and Siri both felt fear of their repercussions creep into them but both pushed the fear away, determined to meet the consequences of their actions head on.

Yoda sighed. ?Feared this, I always have. Seen many Jedi leave the Order, I have. Changed the rules, I am not sure we should have.?

?Master Yoda, you cannot condone their behavior! It goes against the Code!? Mace adamantly reminded Yoda.

?Perhaps we should ask Knight Kenobi and Tachi to leave us so that we may discuss this matter more,? Ki-Adi-Mundi interrupted before the argument between Mace and Yoda could get much more heated.

Siri and Obi-Wan bowed, grateful to be excused from the Council chambers.

?Did Yoda just say what I think he did?? Siri asked, puzzled.

?I think he might just have,? Obi-Wan replied, equally in awe.

?Do you think they might allow us to continue this?? Siri asked hopefully.

?I do not dare to guess what the Council may be discussing,? Obi-Wan replied.

Inside the Council chambers, the heated discussion continued.

?Know this, I do. Changing, the Order is. Changing, the galaxy is. Need them, we do. Lose them, we cannot,? Yoda retorted. ?Watched his master, I did. Lost a part of himself, he did, when Tahl died.?

?Which is why we do not allow attachments!? Mace responded angrily.

?Allow them or not, happen they do. At war we are, Master Windu. Afford to lose them, we cannot. Review this after the war, we will. For now, allow it we will.?

?Master Yoda, you cannot be serious!?

?Responsible, they are.?

?Not responsible enough! They?ve shown that. He?s as impulsive as his padawan is!? Mace replied adamantly.

?Nothing like this, before now, Obi-Wan has done. Call them back in, we will.?

The two knights were ushered back into the room. Obi-Wan scanned the room but found no sympathetic looks from any of the Masters.

?Get in the way of your duties, will this??

?Not anymore than it already has. We fought it for as long as we could,? Obi-Wan replied, quite surprised that they had been asked back in so quickly.

?Yes Master Yoda, this will not interfere in our duties. We are both committed t

23. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  24. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Go Yoda! Truly the voice of reason. Mace needs to relax, but I guess that's not really in his character, is it? ;)

Great update - I loved it! I'm anxious to see how Obi-wan and Siri handle their change in 'status.' [face_love]

25. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    [face_dancing] Doin' a happy dance!! Doin' a happy dance!!![face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.