main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Chewie's Coming Back; What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by mon-mothma, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    So I just read that Chewie will be back in EPIII. What do you guys think will be his story arc in this film?

M.M.

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    :D AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! :D

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm interested to find out how much of a role he'll play.

4. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    I can't imagine what viable role he could play, unless they show him about to be enslaved...but that's quite a few years down the road, and that would also require the presence of a young Han as well.

As much as I love the walking carpet, this kind of feels like George is throwing in another OT character to appease the fans, like what he did by giving Boba a little more backstory.

5. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm glad Peter Mayhew gets to play Chewbacca again, but I'm with Derth. If GL just wants to throw in Chewie just to appease the fans, then it will just be another "Oh look, a OT tie in...blah...blah..blah." I want it to mean something to where Chewie has some significance in the film and not as some quick screen fly-by or else it just won?t be worth him being in it.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I expect it to be more than just a "walk-on" or cameo. If Lucas wants Peter Mayhew to do it, it's gotta be more than that. But that might be the problem. How can Lucas incorporate Chewie's significance into the movie? I agree with the rest of you. I hope Lucas can justify Chewie's presence.

7. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Hey, gang....I'm Back!!! (After having forgot my password, and it taking almost 3 months to recieve a reply from TF.N)

Chewie!!! YES!!!!

I'll be good to see the old fuzz-ball again, no matter what menial appreance he may make.
    And we all thought Chewie was dead. NEVER!!

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey, sithspawn! Welcome back!

9. DerthNader

Feb 25, 2001
    The only semi-logical way Chewie could fit into the plot...if he's really Sifo-Dyas. :D

(Faked his own death to help bring about the end of the Republic, or something ridiculous to that effect. 8-}).

10. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Chewie appears in EPIII to reveal that he is Jar-Jar's father. :eek:

11. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I think we should let the dead rest in peace. [face_plain]

Nice to see you around Derth and Sithspawn!

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Chewie's not dead. Besides this takes place long before Chewie supposedly dies.

13. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Chewie will NEVER DIE!!!

14. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
  15. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Gentlemen, gentleman, and I use that term faciously.....Get over your delusions. The wookie is dead. That is D-E-A-D. Moon fell on him and is no more. I doubted it at first, too, but you can't argue with the astrophysics, especially when Anakin_ Skysolo caculated out the Roche Limit. That Wookie is now extremely squashed and extremely dead. But hey, if you like to relish the past, go out and buy a copy of Tatoonie's Ghost, appropriate title, n'est pas? DRK_HMLT, you read that yet? Is it any good?

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Sithspawn has read Tatooine Ghost and says it is awesome.

Chewie does not die until years after ROTJ (Episode VI) according to the EU, so in Episode III he is still alive.

17. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Actually I just ordered Tatooine Ghost and the next NJO book Force Heretic II today.

18. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Um, Mutt, like what is wrong with Sithspawn telling me that himself? :confused: Have you become his official spokesperson? Or are you two guys getting a little too chummy, if you catch my drift. :confused: Mutt, you need to be out looking for a princess. All this hanging out with "da guys" is making you sound like something out of "The Odd Couple". I can feel the tetosterone reeking off the web. Phew! Either that or Romie needs a bath. [face_laugh]

And next time read....I did say that <if you like to relish the past,> So I did acknowledge it was past tense.

Hey DH, let me know about TG after you read it. Not that I question Sithspawn's knowledge of the EU, but you know how dishonest these smugglers can be. ;)

19. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    >>>>Gentlemen, gentleman, and I use that term faciously.....<<<

Hmmm....do you use that word fascistly? Or do you use that word facilely? Or perhaps you use that word fractiously. However, if you use that word FACETIOUSLY I've just offered you the correct spelling. Having been an editor for a long, long time misspelled words leap off the page at me, or in this case, the screen. That and the mis-use of quotation marks as in:

Boy, that Mon-Mothma is sure "full of herself"!

Loving being correct,
    M.M.

20. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    D#&M!!!! If I would have know coming back to the boards was gonna cause such a riff, I'da stayed lost out in the Rishi Maze!

(Pardon my spelling if that was incorrect)

21. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I went to edit my previous post, but for unknown reasons, couldn't. But....
    the hostility and accusations/assumptions made in this thread are totally uncalled for. I became associated with this group because I always felt STAR WARS was a uniting "bond of brotherhood."

If this place continues to be a place of hostility and false accusations.......I may reconsider my presence here......and will urge others to do the same.

22. DerthNader

Feb 25, 2001
    Am I detecting a bit of acrimony round these parts? Over what, exactly?

23. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Isbeth, you're the only smuggler here... Miss.-I-don't-like-anything-Star-Wars-except-the-EU-and-the-pre-trilogy.

Chewie is not dead...

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Let's try to keep this thread on topic.

Chewbacca's role in Ep3.

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Chewie appears in EPIII to reveal that he is Jar-Jar's father.

[face_laugh]

That is pretty funny.

We had a little bit of a debate about this last Saturday @ dinner with Peter & Jeremy Bulloch.

Not a whole lot was settled. :p I think that the best thing to do is just wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.