main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA CIII info! and now COUNTDOWN THREAD!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    grrr...i'll be 18 in less then a month at that point! i wonder if having a birthday the same day and George Lucas's will be of any benefit...

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    The question then is: how many autographs would you get per hour/shift? And do you get to choose who it is?
    :)

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Considering how much the auto/photos are going for nowadays, I'd suspect only 2 big stars or maybe 1 big and 2 minor ones. Something along that line. Won't know for sure until they post it.

4. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I also thought it was kinda odd they're selling autograph tickets in $10 increments. Will some celebs only charge $10? Will any charge more?

5. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Oh heck yea they'll charge more. Hamill will go for at least $70-80 if not more. (If he shows up at C3)

I'm thinking that since this is a Star Wars Specific convention, autographs will be a bit more than at a normal convention. Even minor stars who would normally charge $10 or $20, will tack on an extra $10. All knowing that as fans we will pay it.

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    11 weeks! (77 days)

Is anyone else feeling the excitement???

7. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    consider the ecitement felt!!!!

8. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    IIRC, every celeb at C2 was one ticket, even Carrie Fisher...if you wanted to stand in line for 5+ hours.
    I think the tix were $15 each or $12 if you bought 10, something like that. But that was also 3 years ago. Most cons I've been to since average is $20.
    I don't think they need to tack on an extar $10, they'll more than make up for it in bulk :)

9. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Personally, I hope the autographs are nice and cheap so that lines for other things are shorter!

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Nick Gillard Set to Appear at Celebration III
    Go here to check it out:
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/displayswc.aspx?file=swc-Nick-Gillard

Also, some news on the volunteers for the autograph tables. You must work at least two 4-hour shifts. For every hour worlked you will recieve a random signed auto. In addition, for each shift worked,
    volunteers will be entered into a drawing for bonus autographs not
    available at the convention.

So that's actually pretty cool. Eight Signed Photos and a chance for something else. Considering how much you have to pay for these things, I'm readily voluteering. Shoot, I won't have to pay or stand in line, so it makes complete sense. (Considering you may have to wait hours for autographs anyway...)

-Sal

OH yeah and only 69 days to go! One day shy of 10 weeks!!!
    I'm getting the feeling that people aren't as excited about this as I am. Are you? (I know Josh is, but noone else has posted about their growing excitement and anticipation of C3 and the premiere)

Come on folks, this is IT. This is the year of Star Wars. After this...

11. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Here's another number for you, & weeks till ROTS stuff hits stores!

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    You mean 7 weeks right?

Yeah, I know. I've got that heavily Marked in my calendar.

I'm deliberately not buying as much this time around, but am still excited for it.

Reports locally are that the Wookiee Super soaker is out. Still haven't heard about Anakin's starfighter. No matter, they'll be out soon enough and we'll be deluged with ROTS merchandise. It will be both a great time to be a fan and yet a pain to be a collector since there will be IMHO to much stuff to collect. Ah, but what a great predicament to be in...

-Sal

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Guide to Fan Club Fun at Celebration III
    Click the link to view the article and map of where the line starts (great news for us!!!)

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/02/news20050211.html

Here's th text if you don't feel like click on through:

Guide to Fan Club Fun at Celebration III
    February 11, 2005

If you're a member of the Official Star Wars Fan Club you can look forward to unique benefits at Celebration III, the Star Wars party of a lifetime, coming to the Indiana Convention Center April 21 - 24, 2005.

Make sure you get what's coming to you! Here's a checklist:

Register online before March 4
    Sure you could get your badge at the show, or you could order it later and pick it up at Will Call, but if you want all the good stuff order it before 12 noon, Pacific Standard Time on Friday, March 4, 2005, at starwarscelebration.com.

Avoid registration and Will Call lines. If you live in the U.S. you can choose to have your badge shipped to you.

Get a Darth Vader foamhead topper - free for those who order 4-day badges before the deadline.
    Get 4 Friends & Family coupons. Only for members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club who order 4-day badges before March 4.

Wear your Fan Club lanyard
    Your lanyard is the passport to members-only benefits at Celebration III. How to get your lanyard:
    Receive it in the mail with your badge
    Pick it up at Will Call
    Get one if you buy a membership at the show

PS - you only need the lanyard, not a Fan Club card

Make sure you're membership is current
    You won't get a Fan Club lanyard if your Hyperspace membership has expired. Badges ordered before March 4 can be shipped before the show, and if you're a current member your Fan Club lanyard will ship with it. We'll cross-check membership status right before shipping. To make sure your Hyperspace membership is current click here. Members of Official Star Wars Fan Clubs in Germany, France, Mexico, Spain, and the United Kingdom should check with their official clubs to make sure their memberships are current.

Have fun in the Fan Club line
    Fan Club members will have their own line outside the Indiana Convention Center, headed west from the Maryland Street entrance under the Marriott skyway. (See map below) Meet new friends, and enjoy a sense of community unique to Star Wars before the doors open each day.

Get in 1 hour early
    Doors for the Fan Club line will open 1 hour early each day of the show. Get a head start in the Autograph Hall, Celebration Store, Exhibit Hall, Star Wars Archive Exhibit, Fan Fair Hall, the Fan Film room, and more.

Hit the Fan Club Lounge
    Meet your friends and have some fun in your own exclusive lounge.

Your own Clone army
    Attend members-only shows of Cartoon Network's Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 2 on the big screen, then play Star Wars trivia for the chance to win autographed Clone Wars posters.

More to come!
    More exclusive benefits for Fan Club members at Celebration III will be announced soon on starwars.com/c3 and starwarscelebration.com.

The Fan Club entrance is right under the skywalk to the Marriott, and will run to the west towards the West Street Plaza.

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    47 days til the ROTS Toys release

and

65 days til C3

AND 93 days til the ROTS premiere!

YES!!!

I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl....(j/k to those schoolgirls out there...) ha ha

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Will I miss anything if I arrive Wednesday evening and leave Sunday evening?

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I don't believe so. The con is from Thursday to Sunday (til 4pm), so you should be cool with that itinerary.

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Hopefully the "Club line" will actually get you in an hour early this time around.
    I'm going to see Duran Duran on April 1st and it just occurred to me that by the time I get out it'll be close to 12am. Maybe I'll swing by a TRU on the way home to see the crazy people ;)

18. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    45 days til the ROTS Toys release

and

63 days til C3 (9 weeks!)

AND 91 days til the ROTS premiere!

Oooooohh I'm about to burst with excitement...Okay maybe not burst, that's just my headache from the flu. But I am very excited about all of this.

-Sal

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    37 days til the ROTS Toys release

and

56 days til C3 (8 weeks!)

AND 83 days til the ROTS premiere!

20. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Hmmm. When I went to the Celebration website to order my badge (which needs to be completed by March 4th if you want to get it in the mail, and trust me you do) there is an option to get the "Star Wars Celebration party" for $15, but it isn't available to purchase yet. Does anyone know about this? I'll search around to see what it is.

21. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Can you take a screen shot and e-mail that too me? I can't seem to find what you are talking about and would like to research this as well.

Thanks in advance.
    -Sal

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I'll do that later tonight Sal. Having trouble with the print screen key on this current PC. There is also now a Celebration Breakfast option available.

23. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I didn't see the party option, but I did see the breakfast listed. It says:

-Must be a member of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club or one of the official international Fan Clubs-
    Enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow Star Wars fans, meet Celebration III celebrity host Warwick Davis and receive his autograph, ask questions about the Fan Club, get a goody bag from the Lucasfilm Licensing archives, have a chance to win prizes, and get one of the Celebration III Darth Vader action figures without standing in line! -Must be a member of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club or one of the official international Fan Clubs-

Registration is not yet open for it, but it lists a price of $49.95.

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    30 days til the ROTS Toys release

and

49 days til C3 (8 weeks!)

AND 76 days til the ROTS premiere!

One month til the toys,
    7 weeks til C3,
    11 weeks minus one day til the PREMIERE!

Is ANYONE getting excited?

I am and I know Josh is. Anyone else getting revved up?

25. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    And the breakfast sold out yesterday morning.
    Way to go organizer people! (ie: you suck!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.