main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Clone Wars Premiere

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by benTantilles, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benTantilles

benTantilles Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2003
    Maybe it's a bit early to be asking around, but are you guys organising anything for the August premiere of the Clone Wars? I had a great time dressing up at Lido for Revenge of the Sith, and I'd love to be able to don my Royal Guard costume again!

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi BenTantilles! :)

To my knowledge, the 501st Singapore Garrison will be out in full force this Aug for the Premiere of Clone Wars. Movie Mania should also be sending out their troops and Jedis for the event should 20th Century Fox get their assistant again. ;)

At FFSG level, we'll probably plan something when we drew nearer to the month, probably along the line of a get-together in Costume/Armor and watching Clone Wars on opening day/night or the immediate Saturday.

Will post them up when the date of release is more confirmed. [face_peace]

3. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    WOOT!

cannot wait!

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Be prepared to go for the CW Movie Outing on Wed 26th Aug Evening.......

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Double Post

6. benTantilles

Apr 13, 2003
    thanks for the heads up. looking forward to it already!

isn't wednesday the 27th of august, though?

and aside from then, will there be any other dress-up events? in the opening weekend especially?

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ops! [face_blush]

I meant Thursday 28th August 2008 in the evening.

Latest News from Starwars.Sg
    What was can say for now is that it will be somewhere central (somewhere in the Orchard/Suntec belt), and the showtime will be after 8pm on Thursday 28 August 2008.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The Clone Wars Movie Outing, organized by Starwars.Sg had been confirmed at their forum. [face_peace]

Please do the following if interested:

"STARWARS.SG THE CLONE WARS MOVIE OUTING

Venue: SHAW LIDO
    Showtime: 8.30pm (tentative)
    Cost per ticket: $8

Payment should be made to POSB Savings Account: 137-36410-7 by Tuesday 26 August.
    Once you have made payment, post a reply in the thread to let us know.

If you are processing the fund transfer via Internet Banking,
    indicate your Starwars.sg Forum UserID AND your real name.

If you are processing the fund transfer at an ATM,
    retain your transaction receipt and bring it along on the movie day, in case verification is needed."

Wearing Star Wars Costumes/Armor, of any quality or accuracy is HIGHLY Encourage to bring more cheers to the night. :D

9. benTantilles

Apr 13, 2003
    is it a private event, or is it open to public? i doubt i'll be able to confirm the number of friends attending by tuesday and would prefer to purchase tickets on my own. i'd very much like to attend it, though!

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    It's open to public. :)

Btw, latest infors as posted in the thread

***LATEST UPDATE***

We have just been informed by Lido that there is a change in their showtime for this Thursday.
    It will now be at 8pm and not 8.30pm

For those with school commitments on Friday, this may be good news as you will now be able to reach home half an hour earlier.

For those with work commitments on Thursday, hopefully you can still make it for the show. Nonetheless, if you have already paid but now find that you will not be able to make it for the 8pm show, please let us know by tomorrow (Wednesday night) and we will refund the amount to you.

**We are extending the deadline for signing up and payment, until Wednesday night 2359hrs i.e. 11:59pm. The numbers will be finalised at midnight and we will purchase the tickets as per the payments received.

Updated on 25 Aug
    Captain Rex is among the major characters in The Clone Wars, possibly the most prominently featured clone. Starwars.sg brings you the Good News that our friends from HASBRO are sponsoring 1 Captain Rex Exclusive Figure, which we will be giving away in a Lucky Draw. How do you qualify for the draw? Just be a registered member on our Forum, and sign up to watch the movie with us

Updated on 22 Aug

Venue: LIDO
    Date: 28 August 2008, Thursday
    Showtime: confirmed for 8pm *was previously tentative as 8.30pm
    Cost per ticket: $8

Payment should be made to POSB Savings Account: 137-36410-7 by Tuesday 26 August.
    Once you have made payment, post a reply in this thread to let us know.

If you are processing the fund transfer via Internet Banking,
    indicate your Starwars.sg Forum UserID AND your real name.
    Note: The account recipient name will be sent to you via PM when you add your name to the sign-up list in this thread.

If you are processing the fund transfer at an ATM,
    retain your transaction receipt and bring it along on the movie day, in case verification is needed.

You can go ahead and buy your own ticket if still unsure about whether to go or not.

And yes, some of us will be in costume tomorrow. ;)

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Thank you to everyone who had took the time to attend The Clone Wars Screening organized by Starwars.Sg

Hope you had enjoyed yourselves and hope we shall come together again in the future. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.