main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series --Clone Wars Season 3 Premiere Trailer Discussion--

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Everything we can see from the clips...

1. Return of Cad Bane
    2. Return of Ziro
    3. Ahsoka having premonitions of her own death ([face_mischief] )
    4. Ma'kis'shaalas!
    5. Kamino!
    6. Clone VR training, possibly the movie we've heard about.

However, what I found most interesting was what was possibly Ahsoka beating the crap out of what was possibly brain worm possessed New Mandalorians. :confused:

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    We should keep this in one thread.

3. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    This was the first thread to be made.

Oh, and also Grievous.

4. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    The atmosphere during the trailer shown at the end of the finale was very cool -somewhat creepy and moody.

Ahsoka doesn't seem to be stepping off of the Sue scale, though. I was under the impression that visions were very rare among the Jedi. The Wook says, "Force Visions were extremely rare..." so that seems true.

Also, was it of her own death? Again, the Wook lists it as impossible for Force Users to see that.

The Kamino scene looked cool.

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, I just saw more threads about season three before. :p

Also, yeah, Ahsoka possibly dreaming about her own death was interesting. You can't always trust TCW and canon, though. The Wook does say the opposite, but given the amount of canon TCW contradicted, it could possibly be she was dreaming about her own death. I don't know yet.

6. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    As she was talking about it Cad Bane showed up. Which reinforces everyone's theory that Bane will kill her and Anakin will brutally kill him in revenge

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That, too, IG.

8. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    I love the idea of Ahsoka having vision of Vader. I can just imagine her having visions of the galaxy writhing in turmoil and chaos, and at the end of her vsion Vader emerges...

9. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    I think the next season will be the most significant season for the saga. Why? Because the whole trailer has Ahsoka talking about dreams. There has to be a reason why Anakin's dreams about Padme dieing in ROTS makes him go off the deep end like he does (though I won't deny that there were other reasons with his fall). What better way than for his padawan to have a series of dreams that end badly for the good guys, but were for the better part true. She has enough dreams that it makes Anakin start relying on them more and more and gets frustrated with her when she doesn't have a dream before a big battle or something.

This situation gives credence to why, after only 1 dream that became true (though over a course of a month or so), does he not accept the possibility that his dream about Padme being not true.

But I don't think that Ahsoka's going to be killed in this season, maybe she sees her death, but is able to avoid it because she had the foreknowledge to get out of the situation she was in.

I'm really looking forward to next season, it's probably going to be even better than 2. Anyone know when it's going to start? Or am I just going to presume that it's going to start the first Friday in October?

10. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Remember though that we are probably only seeing the first couple episodes. Remember the trailer after hostage crisis last year where all they showed was Cad Bane and saying we'd see a lot more of him which turned out to be 3 episodes.

The new trailer looked awesome and cannot wait for next season but I feel people shouldn't jump the gun to say that is what all next season is about. Although I do hope that Ahsoka has a bunch of these dreams over the season to make Anakin believe in his visions.

Also interesting note: There was nothing like "Rise of the Bounty Hunters" after the season 3 preview.

11. Laughing_Lurmen

Laughing_Lurmen Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2010
    hi i'm new

the trailer was awesome.

i thought i saw aurra sing at the end before it zoom's to ashoka.

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Anakin had those dreams before. If you recall AOTC, he dreamed of his mother dying. And in ROTS, the same thing with Padme.

13. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Someone said they saw Ahsoka fighting against brain worm possessed Death Watch. I saw her fighting against Death Watch. But the brain worms? I don't see Death Watch allowing themselves to be taken over by the brain worms. Besides, why bring that into play. I don't know if they were willing to fight for the Separatists. They seemed more interested in fighting against the Jedi than fighting for the Separatists. Granted, that might not make them allies of the Separatists, but both groups have a common enemy.

14. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I said I saw her fighting New Mandalorians, not Death Watch. Specifically, New Mandalorian citizens. Look closely, and you can see some civilians walking around like they're mindless zombies. So what I'm assuming now was that Dooku's plan that he mentions to Vizsla at the end of the Mando trilogy involves getting the will of the public with them by turning the brain worms into some sort of virus or military weapon.

15. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    No mention of Shaak Ti in the first post?:eek:

As for Ahsoka having bad dreams (by the way, no costume change?) I think it will just be part of one episode, maybe an arc, but not an overall theme of season 3.

And we see Ziro again. Obi-Wan fights Grievous, again. And did it look like Bane was torturing Threepio?

16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Wasn't there a Weeauay Jedi at some point over the course of the S3 previews during the finale? I hope it isn't Sora Bulq...[face_worried]

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I hope we don't get another "Brain Invaders"-type episode or some mind controlling one. We all know how that's going to end. [face_tired]

18. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    Cad Bane Awwwwwwwwwww yeahhhh.

After all the crap that's gone on for me IRL the last few weeks, seeing Cad Bane _and_ Ziro made my night.

19. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    But there has to be a reason for his single-minded determination of the fact that his dreams about Padme are real. He spends the whole middle part of ROTS is him trying to figure out how to save Padme, and only Palpatine giving him what he believes to be his only hope.

20. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I didn't notice zombie movements, I just saw her fighting Mandolorian police. Whatever the context, it was pretty cool, seeing them fight witht he Tonfas like that.

I also made a strange tower with some vehicles whose style I didn't recognize. New places are always good.

I also saw what looked like a Clone training course. Also saw a new helmet on a clone.

Other than that, everything was too brief to make out.

21. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Hopefully this trailer is up by later tonight or tomorrow.

22. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D84voJwkmnc

cam quality trailer is up.

i forgot that the "zombie mandos" weren't part of the trailer but in a trailer for the trailer.

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    "Like the dreams I've had about my mother, just before she died."

24. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Nice looks man.

Yeah that's definitely Shaak Ti. Anyone else think Cad Bane looks different? Facial wise? His model just looks so much cleaner and smoother. Maybe because we haven't seen Cad Bane since the early Season 2 when the animation was what it was in the Geonosis Arc or later on.

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    If Ahsoka gets killed in Season 3, I will throw my computer through a window...and I don't care if it hits someone!:mad:
    Hope renewed!=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.