main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clones or Droids?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Matt-trooper, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OB1KINOBI

OB1KINOBI Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    With no doubt in my mind clones their armor is sweet!
    And wouldn't u like to ride in a republic gunship?

2. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I prefer the clones to the droids.
    It seems that the droids(assaid before) cannot think too creatively.The standard infantry for the droid armies,the battle droids, are weak and not very intelligent. The only way they can really be used effectively is by deploying them in huge numbers. The super battle droids are a lot better than standrd droids due to their heavier armour and rapid fire blasters, but they too can't really think creatively. They only seem to fulfill the objective of killing. The droideka are the best the sepratists have to offer. Even without shields they seem to have some armour and they have four rapid fire blasters. When shielded they must be like walking gun turrets.
    An advantage of using droids is that droids can be built much faster than clones can be grown. Also, some droids could be repaired or parts could be salvaged from destroyed droids.

The clones, IMO, are bette in most aspects. Clones have a much larger capacity to think. I'm sure as the clone wars progress clone troopers become more skilled due to experience during combat. Clone weaponary also seams superior to droid blasters, with an exception to the droidekas blasters. The blaster rifles most carry seem pretty powerful. When the clones are taking off from the arena,I think you see a droideka be destroyed by one shot from the DC-15 rifle. Also it seems clones can be deployed much faster than droids. Droids have to deploy those big carrier ships from space. Clones can deploy gunships from the hangars of the assault ships, so the attach can begin even before the assault ship lands.Also , clone commanders would be able to employ tactics better than trade federation viceroys and Intergalactic bankers.

3. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    If a DC-15 strike could take down a Droideka, then the Separatists would lose in a month. Theirs guns arent that powerful. The Droideka must have taken enormous punishment anyway.

Sure, Clones can think creatively. How is it going to help them take out an advancing Droideka, or Super Battle Droid or whatever?
    Battle Droids are weak, true, but they have numbers and things such as poison gas etc wouldnt affect them either.

Super Battle Droids have the purpose of killing as said. Thats why they do their job... obviously theyre not programmed to perform a tea party.
    Droidekas. Excellent, all that needs saying. If Droidekas can send Jedi running its obvious that they are superb.

Besides, Clonetroopers need to be fed, they need sleep and they feel pain. Droids dont feel pain. Shoot a Super Battle Droid in the arm - no effect, no whincing.
    Shoot a Clone in the arm. Screams, rolling, death.

4. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Clones look cooler.
    I'd say Clones. Droids are idiotic haha, love to see them blown up though.

5. Matt-trooper

Feb 19, 2005
    When you see the droideka get destroyed in the film, I think its because the clone hit it in a weak spot, but meh...

What I meant about the super battle droid is that they just walk into battle and just blast anything human. They don't really think at all.

The droids, in my oppinion, don't employ any brilliant tactics at all, they just tend to send as many as possible into battle.

6. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    If they have someone to direct them, he can do the thinking and plan the tactics. The Droids dont need to think what they are commanded to do. They do it.

If a leader plans something and gives the orders, they follow, and so they do.

7. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Definiely droids. So much cooler. Regular battle droids are a bit lame, but just about everything else is pretty darn awesome.

8. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    Clones, and thats all i need to say.

9. alex-grievous

alex-grievous Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    Clones by far.

10. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    I've seen some clips of the Ep3 Clone Troopers and they look brilliant. It has to be clones.

Droids are pointless really.

11. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
  12. The_Lord_Vader

The_Lord_Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    I'd say droids. Clones have got a lot of cool stuff, and they definately have the advantage of being sentient life, but thats also a disadvantage.

1. Takes longer to grow a clone than build a droid.
    2. Clones can be injured and feel pain.
    3. Droids can be rebuilt easier than clones can be healed.
    4. Droids do not refuse orders.
    5. Droids do not get scared.
    6. Droids do not have issues of everyday life get into contact with battle. Don't tell me clones don't pee.

The only problem is if you get the control center, then they're useless.

13. Matt-trooper

Feb 19, 2005
    Clones don't refuse orders either.
    Individually, clones can think more creatively in combat where droids just keep marching with a blaster in their hands.

14. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    Droids don't have Tactics they just move forward shooting hoping to hit something

15. Kannigula

Kannigula Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
    While fighting in urban area's, clones could spare civilian casualties. Droids wouldn't.

But someone talked about pain and stuff. Droids do say "Ow!" when they get hit, am I wrong? hehe

16. SY-638

SY-638 Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Driods

Theyre probally cheaper than clones (no food necessary) and they get the job done just fine.

17. padawan-yoda

padawan-yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
  18. Jetscream

Jetscream Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Absolutely Clones!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.