main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999

Hey! I know that alot of the members here are from the great state of Colorado! Sound off here!

*Also, tell us where your favorite/best place to get stuff is! Could ya do that for a brotha?

BTW the best place I've found to get figs in CO is the TRU in Ft Collins. Either that or the Target in Greeley. C'mon guys let our presence be known!!

2. SlaveII

SlaveII Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 1998
    Hi Chewie, I don't live in Colorado, but I wanted to post in your thread.

3. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Hey Chewie,
    Wot up? As you know already the Fan
    Club Warehouse is my favorite place in the big city to find new SW stuff. Thanx to fellow JC member StarWarsFan-77 for always hooking me up. & of coarse thanx again to you Chewie for the great trade on the Destroyer Droid. Colorado is the place to be! BTW has anyone in CO found Naboo Anakin yet? Peace.

4. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    Obiwatson not only are you posting in the right forum, but you're from Colorado, so I gotta hook you up, right?

Anyway, I will sound off in a large way as a proud CO collector. I have to agree with Obiwatson that the single best place to get the goodies is at the Fan Club warehouse. Beyond that, the TRU in Parker is my favorite & most successful location. Fort Collins & Greeley are a pretty far drive some times.

[This message has been edited by StarWarsFan-77 (edited 08-18-1999).]

5. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    C'mon guys! I know there's more of you out there!!

77 and Obi are cool. Let's hear from the rest of you!!

SlaveII thanks for the response! (is it because I made the McKardell statement in that other thread?)

6. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Colorado rulz! Oh yea, I already posted here earlier. Seriously, SHOUT OUT! Colorado, there's gotta be more of you out there.

7. QUl-GON JlNN

QUl-GON JlNN Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    I'm from Colorado. Grew up in Wheat Ridge and now live in Golden/Lakewood. Haven't seen or heard of the new Ani anywhere yet. Adi is out. I'm going to the fan club tomorrow. I'll ask them for any details they might know of. I love CO. I can think of no better place to be! However I do think they should have had the whole Celebration thing in an entirely indoor location. Like the convention center downtown... But hey it WAS kinda like
    "Wars-stock 99"!

8. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    You know, if LucasFilm had decided a little earlier (like 2 years) that they wanted to go ahead with the Celebration, the Fan Club could have gotten the Convention Center. As it is, I think they were lucky to find any venue even close to big enough on such short notice. All in all, they had less than 6 months of planning.

Of course, nothing prevents them from reserving the convention center for a weekend in 2002...

9. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    They HAVE to have another Celebration! How 'bout holding a rally at Mile High!
    Did you guys see those freekin' Klingons? I'm sorry but that was just idiotic.

And how 'bout those Slave Leia's, eh OBIWATSON?

10. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    Yes, indeed! What were Klingons doing at a STAR WARS celebration??? They were hopelessly lost, I would say!!! I did not make it to the Fan Club Warehouse Sale
    real life keeps interfering with my collecting!!! I have got to get there if only I can find the dern place!
    Anyway, as I have probably complained about before, I am in Denver and there is just a trickle of new products leaking into my local stores here. At times it is very frustrating but that is part of the hunt, I guess.
    Rating the stores in my area, this month--it changes sometimes--would be as follows:
    1. King Soopers
    2. Target
    3. KB
    4. TRU
    5. FAO
    6. Walmart
    Would you believe a grocery store rates above all those toy stores? That is the Force for you!
    Sorry about the long post...just sounding off! Can you believe they want to hold the next Celebration in San Diego??? What's wrong with Dagobah, er, Colorado??
    Wookiestock '99 ruled!!!!

11. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    WOT THE?? San Diego! Where did you hear that?? Oh well, I'll still go.

BTW, has anyone in Colorado gotten the new Insider yet??? The one w/ Aurra Sing on the cover. It's the special Celebration issue and I haven't seen it anywhere!!!

12. darth sidiousmaulvader

darth sidiousmaulvader Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 1999
    I'm not from CO. But I went their for the celbration. It was kinda cool. And the best thing, I got a ton of autoghraphs(maybe five I think). And also those sampler decks were cool.

13. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    The San Diego news was on here, I think, or else on SirSteve's site. I have not received the new Insider either...when is it going to come out? Anyone know?

14. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    Jedicat soon, very very soon. There were some...delays in the process. That's about all I can tell you, but you should see it within the next two weeks (I hope!)

15. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Thank you, StarWarsFan-77.
    I have another question, since you seem to be in the know about this Insider stuff. On the current issue of the Insider--the one with Amidala on the cover--it says issue 30. But inside it says issue 44. What is that about?
    And does that mean that issue 45 is the Aurra Sing issue, and issue 46 the one with C-3PO on the cover which is mentioned on the official website?

16. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    What I want to know is if OBIWATSON's letter about the Celebration is gonna be published!

17. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    Alright boys & girls, I have Issue 45 in my grubby little hands at this very moment. To answer some questions,

jedicat the current issue is Issue 45. The last one was 44, but the printer goofed on the cover . This issue has two different covers, one with Aura Sing and one with Naboo Fighters flying & firing lasers. As far as I know right now, the next cover will have 3P0.

Chewierulz as far as Obiwatson's letter about the celebration being published, I only see one letter about the celebration from a Colorado fan. That was from an Andy Majors of Sedalia. If that is Obiwatson then great, if not I don't see any other Colorado letters this month.

Any other burning questions before this appears in your mailbox?

[This message has been edited by StarWarsFan-77 (edited 08-23-1999).]

18. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    Ok, one more update on the Star Wars Insider #45. There is a new Pepsi ad for the Destiny can. It's a pretty cool ad, if you haven't seen it yet.

Also, there was one Colorado letter published that I missed, from Liz DeHoff in Littleton regarding the tragedy at Columbine.

Hope this stuff helps!

19. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Thank you once again, StarWarsFan-77!!!
    You are certainly in the know...hmm...just who are you really??? Any scoops on Episode 2 or 3???

20. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Perhaps all f us CO SW fans should start planning our trip o San Diego now! It was defiately nice having the Celebration in our own backyard, however I met so many cool people from al over the world there, I would go to the next Celebration whereever it is.

21. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Star Wars Fan 77.... The man, The Myth, The Legend! Thanks for the info man!

BTW do any of us Colorado fans believe the hype around Aurra Sing???

I know some people don't understand what all the fuss is about, but I happen to like the idea of a bounty hunter who hunts Jedi. Plus it's from GL and not some EU crap.

Let me know what you guys (and gals) think!

22. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    ....also, I need some help here. I can't remember if this has been talked about much or not. I did just turn 27 but I didn't think senility would be setting in!

Did Hasbro fix the no Episode One Yoda's? My buddy sez Lee's prices the no EP1 Yoda at 75 bucks! And they also list a "fixed" version of Yoda for 8 bucks. As far as I know the error was not corrected and EVERYBODY has the Non EP1 Yoda. I think Lee's is full of bs. But hey, I could be wrong ya know!

23. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Long live Aurra Sing!!! She's almost as cool as Ben Quadinaros. Almost.

24. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    No, I don't think they've made a corrected version of Yoda. In fact, even if they did at this point I think the value would swing the other way, since so many people have bought the non-Episode I version that the corrected one would probably carry slightly more value.

As for my knowledge, let's just say I work at what has got to be the best company in Colorado for Star Wars fans to work for...

25. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    77! YOu da man! So what do you think of Sing???

That goes for everyone else too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.