main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    I know what you mean. As much as I love SW I seem to prefer the original trilogy to EP1, including the figures, etc... Maybe it is old age creeping up on me!
    The only reason I have paused in collecting is that I can't find anything to collect!
    But still I seem to be more interested in the new offerings from the POTF2 line than the EP1 line.

2. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I know what you mean. As much as I love SW I seem to prefer the original trilogy to EP1, including the figures, etc... Maybe it is old age creeping up on me!
    The only reason I have paused in collecting is that I can't find anything to collect!
    But still I seem to be more interested in the new offerings from the POTF2 line than the EP1 line.

3. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999

4. jwkenobi

jwkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    Well, I only started collecting this summer, but I'm burnt out simply because I've pretty much found all the figures I want, and those few I still want, like Mara Jade, are impossible to get for a decent price right now. It's pretty sad when all I'm looking forward to right now is Sio Bibble. I want more Amidalas in different outfits, but instead, we're getting endless variations of Darth Maul and Obi-Wan - too much of a good thing IMHO.

5. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Yeah, they gave us an R2-D2 icon!
    Yes, I know what you mean. I don't know if it because I seem to prefer the original trilogy and its characters to TPM or if it is old age creeping up on me!
    The only reason I have paused in my collecting is that I cannot find a darn thing new out there to collect!
    Somehow it is not the same as it used to be...just a feeling I have.
    Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to post a response to this particular thread? It seems to take forever.

6. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Oops! :eek:

[This message has been edited by jedicat (edited 03-05-2000).]

7. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Yea! They gave us an R2-D2 icon!
    Yes, I know what you mean. I don't know if it is because I seem to prefer the OT to TPM or if it is old age creeping up on me!
    The only reason I have paused in my collecting is that I cannot find a darn thing new out there to collect!
    Somehow it is not the same as it used to be...it feels different.
    Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to post a response to this thread? And why you can't from page 9?

8. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Wot up CO? Chewierulz & me checked out a lotta stores today, & didn't find anything new.

9. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    Thought I'd try to revive this thread. Colorado collecting has gotten so sluggish lately, not much new to add, but what else is going on? Anyone planning to get the TPM video on April 4? I sure am. April 3 is my birthday, so I may just be one of those people lined up at Blockbuster at midnight just so I can say it was my birthday present to myself!

10. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Sluggish is a good word for it! But I did find Admiral Motti and Princess Leia with Hooded Gown at Walmart today!! They also had a few of the new Darth Vaders and Stormtroopers if anyone still needs them.
    I will probably be out and about after work on April 4th, but hitting the stores in case they put out any new figures to go with the release of the video!

11. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Sluggish is a good word for it! But I did find Admiral Motti and Princess Leia with Hooded Gown at Walmart today!! They also had a few of the new Darth Vaders and Stormtroopers if anyone still needs them.
    I will probably be out and about after work on April 4th, but hitting the stores in case they put out any new figures to go with the release of the video!

12. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    redface.gif Oops! double post!

[This message has been edited by jedicat (edited 03-20-2000).]

13. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    What does the Leia with the hooded gown look like? I haven't seen that one. Sounds good. I'm still trying to find a frickin' Mara Jade. Anyone have any leads?

14. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    The Leia in Hooded Gown is actually a nice sculpt of our favorite princess. She is in the white gown from ANH, with the hood up over her head. She is holding one hand out as if she was about to put the stolen data into R2. It looks like the lower half of the gown is cloth, while the top and hood are plastic...I haven't opened mine yet.
    So I guess this is soft goods Leia!

15. Darth Sinistry

Darth Sinistry Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 1999
    Hey, first post for me here on the CO thread. Just thought I'd let you guys know that the Westminster TRU now has a lot more of the "new old" figures. They're pretty good ones too: Blastshield Luke, NewLikeness Leia, Mon Mothma, Lobot, Prisoner Chewie, R2 with tools, and pull apart C3PO. Unfortunately I didn't see any Death Star Troopers. They have tons of the others though along with a few less interesting ones. They're in a bin next to the board games (I almost walked out of the store without seeing them!).

16. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Welcome to the CO thread, Darth Sinistry!
    At long last there is going to be a toy show in Denver...well, on the outskirts of Denver, really in Thornton, actually. I just got the card in the mail today. It is on April 1st and 2nd at the Raddisson Greystone Castle.
    Can't wait to hunt those dealer tables!

17. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    Hey! Then we might actually find something!

I must also welcome Darth Sinistry to the best SW BB on the internet!

Chewierulz-cuz wookies always win

18. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    New figures at TRU? Awesome. I've been looking for a Mon Mothma, and the other new ones sound cool. Time to get back in gear with collecting. As Darth Vader would say, "Yippee!!"

Did anyone read the story about the store where copies of the video were put out on the shelves early "by accident". Post here if you find any Colorado stores doing that. I'm feeling Phantom Menace fever again!

19. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Go out & buy the new Ice Cube CD right now! Don Mega! Yea...yea! Might as well go out & buy something since theres no new SW stuff in CO. War & Peace Vol. 2 is the shiznit!

20. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Cuberulz

Who's getting the widescreen edition of TPM??? I am for sure.

21. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    My TV is not worthy of widescreen. Maybe in a few years, I'll have a great TV, DVD player and surround sound in time for the DVD Star Wars releases!

22. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Hey everyone!
    I am getting the Collectors Edition of Episode 1 on viedo plus I am gettin the pan and scan from TRU...had to get that clam shell case! Found Motti and Liea at Wal Mart, also got my Whuer..is that how you spell it? I think I am going to take a break in Star Wars collecting, after 5 years its starting to get kinda old, I havent even looked in weeks, and honestly its not getting to me. I am goin to concentrate on my name sake...my 66 Chevrolet Nova.. Shes been moth-balled for over a year and I am getting the itch to get her back on the road and back to the way she looked in 66. You guys think that collecting Star wars is expensive, try restoring a car!!!!! No way in heck the little woman will let me do both at the same time, so I am choosing the car.
    I will poke my head in every now and again, and I am sure I wont be able to resist lookin in the toy section when we are out shopping, I will let you guys know if I see anything!
    Have fun guys! And if you see a guy driving around in a blue 1966 Nova be sure to wave, it might be me!

23. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
  24. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    WOT UP COLORADO?!? Thanks to SW Fan 77 for bringing this thread back up! Man, I thought this thing was long gone.

I actually got the widescreen of TPM. The slide I got was lame. It was of the Neimodians talking to Lord Sidious. I have great surround sound and I love to crank it up!

I also got my son Liam a new Jar Jar plush toy. It's the one that you squeeze his belly and his tongue goes out. And he says about 8 sayings.
    "Yousa Jedi Cwaazy!"

Too cool. My little guy is 10 months old and loves SW. Strong in the Force he is.

Let's hear from all you great CO Collectors again!!!

Chewierulz-cuz wookies always win

25. Darth Sinistry

Darth Sinistry Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 1999
    Well, after not really finding any new figures in CO for the past few months they seem to be finally showing up here in Boulder. I found TC-14 and R2-B1 at Target of all places for $2.88. I also picked up the new Skiff. I even saw the Sio Bibble wave at Kmart, although I had actually found these a few weeks ago during spring break. Still haven't found Motti, Leia or R2 yet.

As for the video, I don't have either version. I'm holding out for the DVD. I did rent the widescreen version though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.