main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collecting Star Wars

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by darth-dom, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    I think this place needs somewhere to talk about Star Wars collecting, Classic and new. You can ask in here if you're on the look out for a particular item, want to ask a question, or if you just want to reminisce about the olden days. :)

We don't have to keep it limited to SW either, feel free to talk about other collecting / memorabelia topics.

But remember : Have fun! :D

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Good idea dom, but tell me. Do you have a silver Darth Vader?? because I do :D
    And so could you if only you sacrificed one day of college.

3. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    *sigh* No LT, I don't. But I do have a silver R2 which I think is better than your silver R2. :p

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Well I got my R2 before yours, so technically mine is older and therefore better :p

5. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    LOL @ Lord-Tice :D

I would really like to get that new Shuttle Tydirium that has recently been released. I know the original one is worth quite a few pennies and I couldn't afford to buy that! The new one I think is about £100 - anyone seen any cheaper deals than that?

I am also inspired to buy some of the larger Lego kits as well, having seen first hand at RogueBantha's just how impressive the Blockade Runner and Star Destroyer are :) I think they're going to be doing a Lego AT-AT this year as well :eek: Talking of which, does anyone know where I could get an AT-AT? Not a real one obviously :p

6. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    THe one I'm looking for as follows:

Shuttle Tyderian
    Nebulan -B -Frigate
    Mellian Fulcan
    The Collien Gunboat
    STar Desroyer
    B-wing
    AT-AT
    AT-ST
    Tie -Defender
    Eclips Star Destroyer

7. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am glad to see that you folks started a collecting thread :)

8. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    I've wanted the original shuttle Tyderiym for ages, but for the moment it's definately out of my league. The Lego Star Destroyer is one of the best in the lego range too IMO. There's so much great stuff out now.

9. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi

Although I would like to see a collectible model of the Eclipse SD, I do not thtink that there will be a Lego or Hasbro toy. It would be very very large!!

Maybe an Action Fleet model would be good, something the length of an A4 piece of paper.

Does anyone know what the next fan choice Kenner figures are going to be?

V.

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I believe that it is the Ralph McQuarrie early concept stormtrooper.

11. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Cool.

The Ralph M Official site has lost of artwork that I have never seen before, some of which could be used for toys.

The Ephant Mon figure was good....but heavey. Fan choice figures are a great idea, stops Hasbro from producing lots of varients.

V.

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Wow, we had several variations of the spelling of Tydirium there, well done TP for getting the right one :)

I'd love to own the new one too, and £100 isn't too bad considering it's a US exclusive and very limited. I doubt you'll find one chepaer.

Those big lego sets are very good, but very expensive too :(

13. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    I havn't seen the new Tiderium yet (I'll spell that hoewever I please :p ). But I think it's certainly a must, aside from the cost issue that is.

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    They just started to appear here in North America and I am hoping to get mine this week...

15. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    I guess a £100 isn't too much for the Tydirium, it'll be more of a problem finding a space for it! Are there plans to release any of the other vehicles from the OT in new packaging?

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Knowing Hasbro as I do, they'll no doubt want to release everything again. But the likes of the Lanspeeder, X-Wing and I'm sure the A-wing have been released already. But the shuttle is the thing to go fo because it is an 'exclusive' item, and it looks great :D

17. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    ANd the melluim Falcon
    and Nebulan -b-Frigate ?

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Not sure about those DA6, although I can't see the Medical Frigate beening that pratical a toy to make. If they did, it would be expensive IMO.

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi guys, some information for you. The Awing is being re-released this year and there are
    no plans of the Medical Frigate being made any time soon. The box that the shuttle comes in is massive !!!

20. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Morning Mike :)

How big is the shuttle itself? I guess most of the box is actually protective packaging?

21. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I didn't actually think it was that big. With any luck I'll be able to at least see one in NY, may even try and get amber to sneak it out ;) Let her get into trouble for it, not me.

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I actually have not opened it yet. The box is sitting in my SW room. I do not know where I am going to put it.

23. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Do you plan to open it Mike? If it was me I'd be just too curious to have a look.

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    It is too nice of a ship to not display DD.
    I will probably hang it the question now is where....

25. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Does it come with a stand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.