main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Collections

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by NM_Mandalorian, Jun 17, 2005.

1. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I just thought we could start a place for all of us to talk about those items in all of our collections that we are particually proud of or that you want but cann't find. My collection is about half Boba Fett and half everything else Star Wars. I have a neon light of the Bantha skull symbol and am proud to say that I have finally gotten my hands on one of the 300th Boba Fett figures. Right now I am trying to get a hold of the Reek and Acklay from AOTC and the POTF rerealse of the Rancor and Bantha. So what does everyone else have and want?

2. gloomypadme

gloomypadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    My absolute favorite thing I own is my Ray Parks autographed Darth Maul action figure that my brother got for me when he went to a convention. I also have an extensive Queen Amidala anything collection from Episode I(I was 14 and a tid bit obsessed with her). I would kill to own a lightsaber from Master Replica. It doesn't matter who's, I just want one really badly.

3. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    My favorite bit of Star Wars memorabilia is my Qui-Gon Guinn lightsaber.

4. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I don't really have anything worth mentioning, but I too would reeeeaaaaally love a replica lightsaber. I guess right now what I have that I love the most is the jedi cloak Andrea and I made together, but I don't think that counts.

Actually, I just thought of something. I never owned the original trilogy myself; I always watched my aunt's videos of them because I grew up living in the same house as her, so the first copies I ever owned were the special editions when they came out in '97. I went to a pawn shop a week or so ago and found the originals in one of their boxed trilogy sets for $10 and now I am the proud owner of the original trilogy (finally!!!).

5. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    The jedi cloak so counts. But having the original VHS tapes is awesome. I must say though, I am not big on the master replicas. The fact that they are like have the size bug me. Now those FX replica lightsabers are cool.

6. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Did anyone get to the theater this weekend and get the free poster? I really wanted to but didn't have time to leave Alamo.

7. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    No, I missed the "Who's Your Daddy?" poster.

My favorite part of my collection is my ANH Original Soundtrack on vinyl. Useless and pretty common, but it's the only original memorabilia I have. Other than that, the most extensive part of my collection is my library. I haven't counted my books lately, but it's pretty significant. I've got 6 lightsabers; all of varying quality, but I've got the entire Anakin/Vader line and a couple Obi-Wan ones.

8. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    My 1st favorite is my 1997 poster of R2 & 3PO that I got at Pizza Hut because it was the very first collectors item that I got (other than the special edition vhs). I also love my Lando & Leia action figures and Luke's moisture farm speeder that I got from my uncle and then girlfriend, the Christmas of '97. Those were my first action figures.

Another one of my favorite action figs is my Holographic Luke Skywalker which took me a while to find a year or so ago. Haven't seen that one in any stores where I live.

9. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Holographic Luke? That sounds interesting. Are there any pictures online of this?

10. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I like the holographic figures. I have the jedi ghosts scene put out with Obi-Wan, Yoda, and original adult Anakin. It is a cool little scene.

11. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Here are two images of the Holographic Luke. Then one from the movie.

[image=http://actionfiguresbygofigure.com/media/holographiclukeskywalker.jpg]
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw0411lukehologramloose.jpg]
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/zs/rotj/lukeholo2.jpg]

12. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Hmmm, first image doesn't work.

13. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Here you go.

[image=http://www.swtenerife.com/noticias/enero04/luke_holographic.jpg]

14. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Weeeeiiird... but cool!

He looks melty. ;)

15. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I remember that one now. It is a good one. Did any of you order the holographic Leia comic con exclusive? I don't like that the figure has a blaster, but it still looks like a cool figure.

16. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Word up "G's"? Jason here. I think I met some of you at the midnight toy release at my Walamrt here in Albuquerque.

Other things I collect besides SW stuff-comics pre 1990, Hot Wheels, Marvel action figures, and Spawn figures. I do have an extensive collection of sports and non-sports cards. I gave up collecting cards and new comics years ago. It got too expensive and I didnt like the way Marvel and DC were cranking out holographic bagged prizm inhanced newstand/hobbie exclusive editions. Same for sports cards. It got way too out of hand in the mid 90's and like other people, it forced me to move on to other interests. I realy didn't get into SW until my ex-wife and I broke up in 1996. She hated the idea of me collecting anything. I do stress on the word "hated". Once my kids and I moved out, thats when I had this renewed interest in Star Wars. At first my collection had a few 12 inch SW dolls and a couple of the 3 3/4 figures. Today I have hundreds of items in my SW collection. Vintage or modern, I love it all. I especially enjoy collecting SW Pepsi cans from around the world. Now if only I can find the Crystal Pez Yoda, Vader, and 3-PO dispensers.

Well, take care...hope you can make it to some of our meetings again. Peace.

17. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    My favorite would have to be my action figure of lea in the slave costume.[face_love], and also my Padme figure, the one were she is getting married.

18. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Go figure Red o_O But then again I'm sure you know that among my favorites are my Anakin Skywalker figures ]-}

19. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I have two figures, ones my mom bought of Luke and Han. I have no idea what they are though.. My brother used to have the Millinium Falcon!

20. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I have the millinium Falcon from the re-release in 97. Its full of my star wars figures that I opened when I was smaller :_| I cant believe I did that.

21. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Tell me about it. I have around 25 action figures that I opened when I was little. I regret it everyday. There are only 3 that I don't regret opening. Which is my Luke Skywalker /c lightsaber (can't remember which Hasbro figure it was [the type]), my Leia figure (she's in the dress she was wearing in ROTJ), and my Han Solo /c carbonite; because I'm able to reinact the balcony scene /c Luke & Leia and I'm able to reinact the scene where Leia tells Han that Luke is her brother (both of which are my all time favorite scenes.)

22. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I have a good mix of opened and unopened figures. I have the entire second series of clone wars cartoon toys. Now I am proud to say that I have the Celebration 3 talking Vader. That one is awesome. You can open the battery hold to change out the batteries without opening the figure which I think is cool.

23. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay I don't know if anybody else has the Unleashed figures but I have to say it sucks they are changing them. I really like the detail and the fact that they are like statues but at a reasonable price. The fact that they are turning them into little 2" toys is lame. Especially since they are saying most of the figures are going to be army build-ups feature clones and wookies.

24. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    I have alot of fett stuff in my collection. Alot of Boba and Jango. [face_dancing] From Bookmarks, books, figures and pictures, I have alot of that stuff. I also like the clones too, I have alot of the clone action figures like the At-Te gunner, commander and such. I am talking to a guy about trading him a 500th vader for a 300th boba fett. Once I find two of the 500th vaders, I will hopefully have a 300th boba fett!

25. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I picked up the 300th Fett a month or so ago on ebay. It is in good condition. Do you know where I can get a decent costume that isn't going to cost me my entire bank account?