main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania MK 26th September - 28th September

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone else going? I'll be there some time Friday with two friends and my girlfriend.

:confused:

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'll be going, just not sure which day yet.

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    No chance of me going. Way too early in the year.

4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'll be going as well. Most probably Saturday. My timetable is not finished yet and may change, so I'm not sure about Friday.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't go back to Uni until October, so I have the time free still.

Well...

Friday

Sinre - Not sure when in the day

Saturday

Amon - perhaps

Sunday

-

Maybe

Rich

No

Cobra

Incidentally, isn't moosemousse supposed to be doing this? I don't want to step on anyone's toes...?

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeh, September is pretty early :p

I have listed the Saturday as a holiday, I just have to wait and see if I'm given it. Can't do the Friday I'll have started my 3rd year by then.

7. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I think Rach has the same problem as I do: trains between here and MK are ridiculously convuluted. Up to London, then over to MK. In the past I got lifts from my dad, but he's working down in Cornwall at the moment so no chance of that now.

Besides, can't let CRs take responsibility for every meet. (I didn't :p )

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It's largely the trains, but I'll either be starting Uni again that weekend or starting a job, I still don't know which. 8-}

9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Ok, I got my timetable for the first week. No chance of me going on Friday I'm afraid, but my Saturday is free.

moose, good luck with either Uni or job! ;)

Cobra, you should stop being lazy and go. :p There will be Inara and Worf! :D And Luminara, and Gimli and... ;)

10. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I have my wallet to think of. Have to cut down on unnecessary spending. I'll probably only be in London once or twice this next year, unless college organises some more "gallery viewing trips" :p

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Looks like I'll be there at an unspecified time on Friday, and Saturday morning with my girlfriend and her back-up boyfriend (:p).

What time you planning to get there, Amon? Any more news, Richie?

Note: Are there really only five people who post in the South? [face_egads]

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Can't say for certain yet, I still have no full confirmation of whether I have been given the day off or not. Also I might have two other people with me.

13. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I'll be there at/after 10am most probably. But I still have to see at what time I'll be able to get cheaper train tickets to MK.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Same here, since it's cheaper to travel after 9:30 I might arrive at MK around 11:30

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, I have your mobile number, so I'll tell you whenever I get into MK. Richie, you should have mine, if you saved it last time. :p

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Don't forget that there need to be three people for it to be an official meet, and we need pictures. :D

17. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Got my tickets today. The train leaves at 10:20, so I should be at MK about an hour later, depending on how fast the actualy train is (they have 45min-journey ones and 1h20min ones).

No worries moose, I'll bring my camera, if we all manage to be there at the same time. Although, are we all classified as South (so the meeting is valid)? Cause Richie and I are in London which has it's own chapter...

18. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I think Rich has duel-chapterality or something :p

Besides, I don't think London has too many meets nowadays anyway, does it?

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    We have enough :p

20. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    *waves*

I'll be accompanying Richie.

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    If if doesn't count as a South meet it could still count as a London meet, which is good either way. :)

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I missed Amon. [face_grumpy]

Left my uniform at home, had to be at work for 1pm, and Amon's train was an hour late, so I had to leave closer to 11.30pm than 12pm, which just... sucked.

Next year, it's at the MK Dons stadium... which means it'll be bigger, one hopes, and we'll have less people to worry about that aren't apart of the fun and just being pains. i.e. everyone else in the centre :p

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It will be nice to have a bigger event, plus it will have guest talks like LFCC, which should be good.

But it could be harder to get to, and it's not on the Bank Holiday weekend so there are fewer days to attend.

Plus it can be useful to hold and event like that in a public area. It allows those who are not very informed about such events to get an idea of what they are like, and for those who do not appreciate it to learn how cool it can be.
    Yesterday a group who would normally sneer at those who wear costume were eager to have pictures with a stormtrooper (whether or not they knew what movie it was from I don't know). Similarly many members of the public posed with the two Xenomorphs that were skulking around.

24. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I was so mad at Euston yesterday. My train was supposed to leave at 10:20, but it was delayed. And when it finally arrived and people going to MK boarded, it was announced that the journey is canceled and the train changed its destination. So, we all had to wait for another train. :mad: Awful.
    So, sorry I missed you Sinre.

Yeah, that thing for the next year sounds good. They'll even have free talks, which I'm looking forward to. :)

Yesterday's Collectormania was pretty cool all in all. I managed to get an autograph by Lt. Worf, got kissed by a Xenomorph, acquired a 12 hour SW radio play and said "Nobody tosses a dwarf" several times in the relative presence of John Rhys-Davies! :D (Unfortunately, they had no KOTOR minis) And it was always cool to have the SW discussion of awesome with fellow JCers (*waves to Richie and Twinky*), even though some people on that train might have thought we we're crazy. ;)

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They don't know the power of Fandom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.