main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's Corner

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by IB420, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    This thread os for the collectors- if you are looking for something or have some news about SW and other collectables, please post it here.

For example:
    I got eh Republic Gunship at Toys R Us this weekend. They only had three on the shelf, and I got one. I can highly recommend it; it is huge and has a lot of cool features.
    They also had in the 12" figures of Dooku, Zam Wessel, Mace Windu, Clontrooper, and the Super Battle Droid.

I am expecting a slowdown in releases for a bit because of the West Port workers strike.

The only thing I'm really looking for right now are clonetroopers of all types, in particular the Clone Pilots.

2. Glitterstim

Glitterstim Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Okay, check this out....

I collect "classic trilogy" toys. I found these scene packs online:

http://www.actionfigurexpress.com/actionfigurexpress/starwarscenp.html

Cool, eh? But look at the price -- $45!! That's $22.50 for each toy. Has anyone seen these for less?

Thank you!
    Glitter

3. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Toys R Us has the limited edition silver anniversary R2D2s in stock. They are really cool all-chrome R2's with blue accents.

The catch is that you can't just buy one, you have to spend $20 on other Star Wars merch.

Nonetheless, I got one and it is really cool. I understand that most of the R2s from this run wound up having backwards legs and the correct-orientation legged R2s are in higher demand. Mine is fine, so maybe we got a good batch and can sell them for big bucks on eBay!

Happy hunting!

PS I'm looking for clone troopers- if anyone sees them, please let me know. Thanks!

4. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Target has all their EpII 3 3/4" figures on sale for $2.99, or they did over the weekend.

They also have the new action fleet vehicles; falcon, x-wing, TIE X-1, AT-TE, and Dooku's solar sailer.

5. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Lots of stuff on sale with Christmas coming, but not a whole lot of new stuff.

Kay-bee has a lot of the C3PO/battle droid two-pack sets, and they are worth the money. (even though it partrays some of the worst scenes from AOTC, the figures are cool)

Toys R Us has been having some cool sales and a lot of figures that weren't there a couple of weeks ago. They also have loads of gunships.

I am still looking for deluxe Clonetrooper with speeder bike sets and regular clonetroopers to crew my gunship.

Lots of neat lego kits coming up in 03, including the mini kits. Check out FBTB.net for shots of those sets.

6. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Wal-Mart has some great sales on SW toys: all the episode II stuff is on major clearance, a lot of it half off or more. The republic gunship is only $22 and most of the SW legos are on major discount as well.

Wal-Mart.com also has stuff, so if you missed it at the store, check the web and you may get a good price; I ordered the Lego gunship, normally $90, for only $56!

Happy hunting!

PS I may be selling off a lot of my action figures soon as I am concentrating on legos and costumes; I'll post a list here for the local folks to get top pick of my stuff.

7. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Star Wars toys 50% off at Kay Bee!

I went to early voting this morning and saw a sign in the window declaring all of Kay-Bee's Star Wars toys to be on sale at a good rate. They have a LOT of episode II stuff, but there are some original trilogy figs.

Happy hunting, all!

8. The_Mandalorian

The_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    hey guys!

i glanced at this thread, and just thought i would let yall know about some stuff i saw...it wasn't much, but it was star wars.

last night at k-mart, there was one rack in the aisle with toys marked "30%-75% off"...there was a Zam Wesell 12-inch figure marked down to $10 and a few SW Lego sets marked down as well.

well, if anyone goes after this stuff, the best of luck...talk to you guys later!

9. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    LOL, so might think this is silly :p but I collect the SW classic trilogy PEZ dispensers. If you all see any be sure to let me know!
    I have Leia, Luke, Yoda, Chewy, Boba, a stormtrooper....that?s all I can remember right now, they are still packed in box :( lol. Keep your eyes pealed :D :)

10. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    End-of-August update:

Toys R Us
    A lot of the same ol' Ep2 stuff collecting dust, some cool 12" figs, including the AT-ST driver and Boussh Leia with Han in Carbonite.
    They also had a couple Clone Wars Droidekas but so far no 3-pack army builders yet, and a couple of the CW vehicles; blue Jedi starfighter, AAT, Command Gunship.

Kay-Bee
    Lots of Ep2 figs for cheap, and they actually have these cool sets that have three figures and an electronic lightsaber for a good price. They had a couple of Clone Wars three packs, droids and clonetroopers. No Jedi 3-packs yet. Plus a 12" Gamorrean Guard and a new TIE fighter in a cool package.

K Mart
    A few Ep2 Figs collecting dust.

Target
    No new Hasbro stuff, but they had all the new Lego sets including the AT-AT and the new line of mini kits

Wal Mart South Loop
    Not much new except mini Lego sets.

Please post here if you are out and see anything new or of particular interest. If you see a clonetrooper with speeder bike, let me know!

:D

11. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    I was at K-Mart today and they had Episode 2 & some other newer "OT" toys (or figurens, whatever you like to call them) up by the registers for $2.50. I got an R2-D2 that beeps for my office :D

12. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Target had a BUNCH of the cool new Clone Wars toys today, including the vehicles, war room scene packs, and new figures. They also had a couple of Lego AT-ATs and Hailfire droids.

Not much new at Toys R Us except a couple of movie scene packs and Anikin with Swoop bike. They did have some neat sets with all Bounty Hunters, Hoth base, and Death Star; all with about four figures and some accessories.

Is anyone up for a swap meet at some point? I got a lot of stuff I'd be willing to trade off. LMK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.