main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA COMIC-CON 2009 - July 22-26

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, if she does find something, that leaves Dale and myself with four beds and two rooms! We could always give up the second room and keep one to ourselves, but it would help if we could split the room four ways instead of two.

2. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008

Hey the people i was gonna room with bailed out on me, Can I stay with you guys on thursday night? just tell me how much $$$ it would cost and it's yours

3. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Star Wars, BSG, and Chuck celebrities signing for Official Pix:

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/sdcc09.html

[face_dancing]

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    G4 will broadcast live from Steve Sansweet's panel (a first) and you can participate in the panel, even though you aren't going to Comic-Con:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/G4_To_Broadcast_SW_Panel_From_SDCC_124515.asp

Hopefully, this will mean an announcement concerning Celebration V.

5. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
  6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    *shrug* I'm guessing an announcement about one of the video games or maybe the live TV series.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Both prospects are valid... Especially with The Old Republic trailer looking so awesome... The TV series could also be mentioned and since it'd be televised it's be a good launch point at SDCC.

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Warner TV has announced a rough schedule (by day) for their SDCC panels, as seen here.

Other panel rumors can be found here.

And yet more panel schedule speculation is found here.

9. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    :_|

Starfire & I were supposed to be there this year with you guys, til the bottom fell out of the Aussie dollar :(

Love looking at the pics though :D

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Might be a good time to visit Oz though... lol I was there in 2004 and only for a week. Totally not long enough. :p

11. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    well, that certainly is true. Would love to meet up with American friends :)

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I went to FOX Studios Sydney when they were still doing work on Ep III. Didn't get to see anything major but when I was put on hold they played Star Wars music. :D Next time though I'd probably like to hit the other side of Oz, Perth maybe, NZ would also be awesome. :)

13. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008

hey what luke skywalker costume you gonna wear on the thursday? I'll be wearing dagobah training Luke, i just finished dying my sleeveless thermal shirt.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Um, he's not coming to Comic-Con, Tom. :rolleyes:

15. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    unfortunately Matt is right :(

We were going to go to the US for our honeymoon in the first week of September, but due to the dollar crash we are having to holiday closer to home at:

Hamilton Island- Great Barrier reef

One of the main reasons I wanted to go to comic con was of course- comic con=cool, but to meet a lot of the wonderful people I talk to online, to meet them in person !

16. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    lol man i need to start reading posts before I reply to them

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Reading is over rated! :p Wait for it to come out on DVD. :D

18. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    how mad is it at Comic Con ? Is it ridiculously busy as in you can't move ? If you want to see something you have to line up forever ? If you want to buy something is it an all day exercise? I imagine it would be absolutely crazy there.

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    It does get pretty crazy. Some days the dealer's hall is pretty packed, and yes, there are some things you have to line up for pretty early. It helps if the panels you want to see are in the same room on a given day - just line up early and stay in there for the day! I don't know about having trouble buying stuff - maybe for the exclusives? I haven't tried.

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Scifi.com has an article on some of the things to expect at SDCC. They also have one on the SciFi channel activities.

Looks like I'll be camped out for Ballroom 20 on Friday again. Panels there in the morning include SGU and BSG/Caprica. Confusing though - one of the other panels is listed as happening at the Bayside Hilton? Does that mean the con is expanding beyond the convention center?

21. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    the cast of True Blood are going to be there by the look. I quite like that show ! I like Vampire shows, loved Buffy & Angel.

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Update on Official Pix autographs:

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/sdcc09.html

I wonder if Carrie Fisher will be one of the "surprise" guests. After all, her show ends on the 23rd.

[face_thinking]

23. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    There is actually one more thing i want from CC. "The Art of Clone Wars " Book.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20090504.html

Matt?

24. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    So it will be a Vamp weekend at comic con. True Blood, Twilight, Vampire Diaries.

25. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I haven't seen "Twilight" If I liked the afore mentioned programs, do you think I'd like Twilight ? I think it might be good, but maybe not as a Vampire flick ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.