main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Comic-con Fans Needed for Simon Pegg Film

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GeckoFett, May 9, 2009.

1. GeckoFett

GeckoFett Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2009
    Hey Mos Albians!
    Jess here....I just wanted to pass this on to you guys.....I just got it yesterday afternoon....so sorry for the short notice. I meant to post this last night, but it was very late by the time I got out of work (wrapping on "In Plain Sight"). I did pass this info on to Joseph and Ken and hopefully it is getting passed on from them as well.

The Set Dec Department has contacted me as well and they are looking for people with Sci Fi collectibles that could be rented for the big "Comic-con" scene which will be filmed at the ABQ Convention Center. They want to simulate vendors booths at the convention.

If you have stuff to rent I can get you the number to contact the Set Dec dept. Shoot me a email to abqpropguy@gmail.com

So....perhaps you may want to be a extra in the film and rent out your sci fi goods for the feature film "Paul"

Jess,
    Thanks so much for passing this information on. We are at 300 Washington SE, south of Central, unfortunately there is construction right at Central and Washington so it might be easier to come north on Washington from Zuni (where Lead and Coal meet)
    Elizabeth

Comic-con Fans Needed for Simon Pegg Film

The movie, Paul, starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, will hold a casting call for Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and other science fiction and Comic-con fans and devotees, Saturday, May 9 at Far Horizon Studio, 300 Washington SE (in the Nob Hill Complex), from 10 am to 3 pm. Come in your best science fiction or superhero costume for the casting call.

Written by and starring Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Star Trek) and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The Boat that Rocked), PAUL will be directed by Greg Mottola (Superbad, Adventureland) and produced by Nira Park (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) for Working Title Films. The film will also star Jason Bateman (Juno), Seth Rogen (Knocked Up) and Kristen Wiig (Saturday Night Live).

The movie will film in the Santa Fe area from June until August. Elizabeth Gabel, extras casting director is known for her work on Terminator Salvation, Book of Eli, 3:10 to Yuma, and No Country for Old Men with the Coen Brothers.

2. inotropic

inotropic Jedi Master

Oct 4, 2009
    Hope it went well. I figured they wouldn't shoot in San Diego. Paul is a tribute to Spielberg's alien movies with other references thrown in, and has a great Spielberg cameo with Seth Rogen (voices only). You can probably guess the road trip starts in Nevada and ends in Wyoming.