main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coming soon to a sidewalk near you.

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Activities' started by MysterySith, Jan 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Star Wars fans waiting for Episode 2.

Let the discussions begin.

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Thanks for starting this, MS. I'll repost my letter from earlier:

Planning the Ultimate AOTC Opening Night Party

OK, it's five months to go before AOTC opens up in theaters. You're ready to do something big on opening night. Something worthy of a Star Wars opening night. And we only have 2 more opening nights, ever. (At least until the "Ultimate Special Revised Editions come out in 2020 ; ) ) Here are a few basic ideas we?re talking about in the Fan Force City Rep forum. If this is something that interests you, I?d recommend that you find your local FF forum, and start planning and working with other fans in your area.

Over the next five months, we all can come up with some great ideas for the Ultimate Opening Night Parties. We all have different contacts, experiences and know-how. Let's use these forums to help each Fan Force City plan and organize something special in their own cities.

Here are some basic ideas for a local party:

- Get in contact with the biggest and best theater in town's manager. I'm sure you all know which one I'm talking about. You went to see LOTR there. (Old timers saw ANH there when they were kids) Arrange for a pre-midnight party for people who are going to the first midnight showing.

- Talk to the people in the 501st in your area, so they can ?Troop? the party. http://www.501st.com/

- Contact Decipher, or WOTC (the makers of the CCG games) for giveaways and sponsorship.

- Contact local comic book shops and collectibles shops for giveaways and sponsorship.

- See if any local celebrities would be available for guest appearances or to MC (master of ceremonies) the event.

- Contact TFN to get official TFN T-shirts or other stuff, both for sale, giveaway, and for the FF rep to wear. (Hint, hint) TFN shirts are available here: http://store.yahoo.com/wickedcoolstuff/thefshir.html but the T-Shirts are sold out. I think they need more. (Hint, hint?)

- Contact other SW (and other sci-fi type of groups) message boards and (gasp) jointly plan the big event. Or at least invite their people to join you. Because in the end, we're all fans, regardless of which site we slack on all day long.

- TFN should create a Line Party Website, similar to TheOneRing.net's Line Party site (I?m talking to Josh and FF global support about this now) Kudos to MS for starting this forum, this is a great start!!!

- Post a banner at said big mega theater well in advance, showing them to the TFN Line Party Website (see above). This will give all those local moviegoers a link to the site that has all the info about the upcoming party in their area. TFN shouldn't mind this, because it would be useful advertising, and I doubt the theater manager wouldn't mind the added publicity for his extra-special theater.

- Create flyers and handouts to be posted at local comic shops, Trekkie collectible stores and the like.

What can we do to make this a huge and fantastic event, one to be remembered? (in a good way) . This should be encouraged to ALL members of the JC forums. Why? Because it'll link the non-FF people to their local FF area, and help us all make bigger and better FF events.

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Obey Wann
    Denver, Colorado City Rep

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    We started our plans almost a year ago. We first got permission from the theater to hold another line up like we did for Episode I.
    We are holding another general meeting this coming weekend to form our commitee and start to finallize our activities.
    Our line up will be a charity event, and over the past year I have made many contacts and have had many people interested in being a part of our event.

I'll update you in the following weeks with a more detailed outline of what we have planned.

Canada
    Ontario
    Niagara

4. Darthforce

Darthforce Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2001
    any plans for Wichita, Kansas ?

5. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
  6. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    A much needed board, good job Alan! now if we can just get that banner to....

:D

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    As long as you're at it, go ahead and start working on bumper stickers, flyers, and official press releases. That's why they pay you the big bucks, right? ;)

8. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Bumper Stickers, Flyers and sunch are up to each individual Line. Since every city is different and will have different info.

9. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    any plans for Iceland? no? hmm... how typical!

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'm jealous of the admins icons. It's just not fair. :p

11. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    For those of you that do not have anyone organizing a line in your area. Nothing should stop you from starting one yourself.

Stick around here where many different groups that will be forming an organized line will be discussing it.

12. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Hello, Indianapolis will be lining up again. Once again, we will be doing it as a fund raiser and hopefully we will be able to raise even more money this time, because we are now functioning as the Indy Knights.

Much thanks to MysterySith and his help with our planning and I will update everyone after our February general meeting as to details, as we are not revealing them as of yet.

Good luck to all!!!

13. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    Hey NyLonathatep
    if you're stuck for opening night nonsense on your island, come to mine...
    Get a cheap flight to Scotland and we will entertain you for a day or two ....

14. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    cool forum! ;)
    *gets in virtual line*

15. gundar421

gundar421 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2001
    I'm Looking for Northern Calif. Fanforce, Need help?

16. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    I'll be joining the Santa Barbara, CA line. If they are going to do anything I'd like to be a part of it. Help to plan, etc.
    SB Members can PM me. :)

Thanks for this post!

P. L.

17. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    AZLineUp, WHERE ARE YOU!?!? We NEED you!!!

kreleia ^.^

(trying to post this wherever I can so that *hopefully* this person will see it - I don't know if AZLineUp is a sock, or if they just really haven't been active since last year)

18. 0ld-Ben-Kenobi

0ld-Ben-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2000
        ?°ld ÞeN?        Alright. Lousville, KY. Click on the link in my signiture for the
        ?°ld ÞeN?        FORUM on the line in Louisville at STONYBROOK theartres.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        Great seating, the 2 biggest screens in louisville, and D.D.ex sound.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        anyway...you can also go to. Starwars fans of kentucky
        ?°ld ÞeN?        For info on the line up and info on louisville representing
        ?°ld ÞeN?        at the celebration in INDIE.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        I have a question can we start new discussion for specific city's??
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        One more thing. I have come up with the BEST plan for watching starwars opening night.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        This plan will ensure that a certain number of SW fans will watch AOTC.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        WITHOUT, thats right WITHOUT anyone else in the theatre...thats right, only the most
        ?°ld ÞeN?        committed fans without the bother of those who would interupt our experience.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        I cant go into detail about it now...but if you email me Ill let you know.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        I will be working with the theatre to get some great stuff done for us.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        everyone take care.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        °ld ÞeN out.

19. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i won't be lining up, i have a new course that starts about the same time, which will require a lot of work

20. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Do we have to use this forum for organising our line up? What's wrong with organising it in my local FanForce forum?

21. 0ld-Ben-Kenobi

0ld-Ben-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2000
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        Im not sure why the link in my last post is automatically directing itself to
        ?°ld ÞeN?        To the discussion forums main page.?.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        But anyway this is the url for the starwars fans of kentucky yahoo club.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        This is where SW fans in the area can get info on the line up in KY.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        If we get enough feedback there and here, well go ahead and start a new thread to discuss it.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        But theres not a lot of die hard fans in kentucky, so i dont know.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/starwarsfansofkentucky
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        There is also info at the link in my signiture.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        Sorry for the redundancy but the link in my previous post is messed up.
        ?°ld ÞeN?        
        ?°ld ÞeN?        °ld ÞeN out.

22. Obi Wan Bergkamp

Obi Wan Bergkamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 1998
    Personally I'm going to bring a sleeping bag and thermos flash and as soon as I've seen Ep2 start queuing for Ep3! ;)

Seriously, Big shout to anyone in the Bracknell/Reading area that wants to do something, cos I'd look stupid on my own!

23. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Ki-Bara-Mundi, each FanForce chapter is responsible for their own Episode II line-up, and many of them will probably be using their own forums to handle the organization of their event. This forum was created so different groups could exchange ideas and discuss what they are doing in their cities. :)

24. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Minacia said what I was going to say.

Every FanForce chapter should have started making some plans by now for the line-up, so look to your local region for answers, or to make noises.

MysterySith started this one up so that the local FF chapters can update everyone else on their plans, and maybe suggest an idea that others can use.

Young Jedi Niagara is having our next planning meeting this Sunday (13 January), and one of our members is a volunteer at the local cable provider. He has offered to give us free publicity by airing information about the group, the line-up and coverage of our activities on the local channel.

So there is a suggestion for some of the other chapters! See what kind of friends you have in local TV and radio stations.

25. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Well Nylonarep you can always just go to the Nordic countries messageboard. I thought you were Norwegian not icelandic?

Kansjke du kan forstaa en litt av norsk?

BTW if you are in the Tampa to Orlando corridor, go to the Tampa and Orlando forums. Right now, I am planning to go to Downtown Disney, because I think they have a digital projector and may be the only place near us that does.

For everyone else mtfbwy as you line up...

--Joey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.