main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Commander_Ducky's fan art *updated February 1: TOR Sith and Mercenary

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Commander_Ducky, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Are we talking about the movie with Jeff Goldblum (1986) or the really old version with Vincent Price (1958). :D

I do not mind though. Both of your newest creations look gorgeous, dear Ducky.

2. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    lol, sonds like a funny movie Kiki :p
    And thanks Azure [:D]

So, I'm working on a BUNCH of pictures, including some original characters :) I thin I will be posting 9 pictures all at once for my next post :D The only problem is is that I have a 2 week 'camp' type thing. Basically we will be creating a play, and playing lots of music :D So I won't have much ttime for drawing :(

3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Then try to enjoy your camp and come back to us with new energy for new art. No worries!

[:D]

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I am back among the posting!

And OF COURSE I just adore that trooper of yours. [face_love] He's real eye candy. Can't wait to turn him into an army for our Fan-presence at the Jedi Con. [face_mischief]

5. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Hey, MsLanna! Thanks, alot. :) And when you say you want to turn him into an army, do you mean he will be colouring thing for camp mando peeps? Or did I completely misread your phrase XD

6. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yes, that's what i mean.
    There'll be very many copies of him around. :D

7. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Awsome! Now I just n eed to get crackin on the background you ordered me to do [face_doh] :p
    But now that I'm all done that camp thing I might have some time! Speaking of that camp, we performed our 'play' and it was SO fun, and it apparently went well. SO, be prepare for a humongus [by my standerds] update within a week or so.

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hey, du!

*pokes Lana*

Could it be that you collect clones like other do collect stamps?

*also wonders what Ducky will come up next here in this treat*

9. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Thanks Azure :D

So, here is my latest update! I know it's taken forever :oops: I just havn't had time to draw/update that much.
    General Grevious is the only coloured pic I'm putting up in this update, the other are pictures MsLanna will be using as colouring pages for Camp Mando. They CM pictures arn't finished yet, they are lacking the backgrounds I will putting on, and I am still gonna edit them a bit. So, I hope you like them, any criticsm is welcomed :D

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/GeneralGreviouscopy.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/CampMando-RebelPilot.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/CampMando-LuckeSkywalker.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/CampMando-ImperialMoff.jpg

This picture isn't finished; it is lacking his head
    http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/CampMando-Chewbacca.jpg

edit: I looked at my last postn in this thread; sorry for tottally lying to everyone, things didn't go as planned. And the update I mentioned is still in the works :p

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice new works and Grivous=D==D=

11. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    DUCKY !! [face_love][face_love]

how are you telling me your work isn't good ? your grevious... I clicked the link and was like "whooaaa ! that's amazing !"
    for a second I'm thinking you posted an official image of him.
    =D=

your color work is so much better ! and you using textures too. the cloak is fantastic job. I think this is better than some of mine *cries tears of envy* ;)

anyway, I can't wait to see the rest colored. one thing I noticed is the feet on all of them are weird shape. you might want to get pictures of boots off google and use them for reference. (i have trouble to drawing feet ;))

12. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Thanks Bird and Kikichan! [:D]

How? By telling you?:confused: :p I personally don't think I'm that great, I'm just ori'glad that other people like my art! :D

lol, thanks for your love of my grevious, though I don't think he's my best colouring... His colouring job isn't that great...

Thanks, I've been working on my colouring, aswell as trying to use textures, though I still havn't figured out how to upload any textures!! It won't work for some unexplainable reason!![face_frustrated]

That might take a while [face_laugh] I do't know when I'll have the time to colour them. And your suggestion about the boot s is good.

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, here comes your worst nightmare.[face_mischief]

The Grievous rocks. He is really well done and I don't see where your problem with the colouring is.
    The only thing I'd see it the pattern of the cloak. It looks a bit out of place, maybe becaue it's the only thing with a pattern in the pic? It looks more 'digital' then the rest of the colouring, too.[face_thinking]

The pilot is good, too. I can't wait to see him coloured and witha background.

Good thing that I know you intend to rework the face of Luke. He just doesn't look like him. But the pose does tell you who he's supposed to see. I'm waiting for the twin sunset...[face_batting]

Moffy looks like he's dancing, but there's no law against happy Moffs, I think. [face_laugh]
    I wonder which background would be better: a Star Destroyer or a row of girls dancing Cancan.[face_blush]

I'll keep my comment on Chewie until he has his head.[face_mischief]

Bal jii - kebise an ahsi: Mando.
    Tion gar ru'hibira gar miite?[face_devil]

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *askes herself if she should also translate certain graphic novels into Lanna´s favourite language*

I just fear that I can only read them to the children at the JediCon 2010 in German. So IF you want them in a certain langauge a) you need to help me writing and b) you need to read THAT particular language to the kiddies.

*nudges Lanna*

Okay, Ducky. Now about your paintings: I see no problems what so ever with the General´s cape. I find it vivid and dangerous this way. It gives him the dynamic of a vulcano that is on the brink of exploding.

Your cartoon sketches are absolutly funny and I even would like to encourage you to leave Luke the way that he is. He looks like a very sharp parody of himself that way, wearing that very ´intelligent look´: "He? What is happening? What is going on?" I do like that.

About the Chewie: please go on and do the rest of him.Can´t wait for that.

15. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    ... [face_blush] Thank you, very much Lanna. My problem is that it kinda looks painted, but not well. [face_blush] But I suppose I'm wrong, beccause everyone else says I'm wrong...
    You are totally right about the cape. I think it also looks flat, because the colouring is meant to give it depth, but the texture doesn't do it, so it looks off.

Yes, Neither can I, he is my fav of the batch.

YOu keep on waiting, ;) He'll be done sooner or later.

[face_laugh] Now I can't get the immage of a dancing moff out of my head. Awsome.

Ok, I should finish him soon.

Ner translation: And now- Things all other(mabey all other things[?]): Mando -nextline- Have You learned your words?
    SSee, I needed the dictionary for the first line, and it doesn't make any sense. Explain plese?

Azure, Thanks about grevious:D But I'm still not sure about the cape...[face_thinking]

Thank you for that :) Though his face doesn't look very Luk-ish, you still think I should keep it that way?

I don't know who to listen to about the face: Lanna, or Azure, Lanna, or Azure, Lanna... or Azure...

I suppose I'll finish chewi today.

16. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    about you not being happy with the cape... I think you're right. looking at it now it looks a bit different from the rest of the picture. when you did the shading on it you've painted over the texture, right? that's probably what looks odd. personally I used the dodge and burn tools to shade textures. It's much more natural looking. the white lines on the red is definitely too much.

oh well :) I still think it's good.

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Shabla Mando'ade nu'gana miit par 'different'.:oops:
    -> and now for things all different: and for something completely different...
    [face_blush]

Bal? Tion gar ru'hibira gar miite?[face_batting]

18. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    :eek: And now for something completely different was an AWSOME Monty Python Movie!!!!!

Yes, Ni ru'hibira ner miite. *trudges off to hibira ner miite* :-B

Realy? Burning and dodging works better for texture shading? I'll have to check it out kiki! Thanks!
    And thank you for still liking it :)

19. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Your pics are great Ducky.

Being the C4 Internet Marketing beroya, I've untilzed your art as Avatars on several sites now.:)

20. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Thanks Rob! :D

Realy?! AWsome! What sites, and what pictures?

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Well you know I've used Lando. As well I've also used your Mandalorian(just the head) on the Mandalorian Mercs website and am thinking about flipping to your Royal Guard and Han eventually on AFN.:)

22. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Awsome, cool! I'm very honoured that you would use my pictures! :D :)[face_honoured]

23. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Wow, awesome update. Missed it before. =D=

24. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Well. I havn't posted in forever here, but I've recently actually started to do a lot more drawing, so I might start updateing more frequently. I geusse I'll start off with 2 new peices I did yesterday based of 'characters' from the upcoming video game SWTOR.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/TORmandocopy.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Haran_Senaar/torsithcoloured2fixedcopy.jpg

25. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    And of course, you'd slip the update in without telling me. [face_not_talking]
    :_|

Anyway, I like the pics. The images seem to 'glow' not sure how to explain it; I really love the effect though. :D
    And number one clearly shows where the name 'bucket head' comes from.[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.