main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Con Nooga (Feb 22-24th 2008)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by mr_nightmarez, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    o_O There's a New Con in Town... [face_whistling]

It is still under construction and undergoing major changes but we want you all to bring your ideas and input!

CON NOOGA 2008

A year to plan and get it right...

2. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    Please feel free to drop suggestion, ideas etc. our way!
    We want to bring a Con that can be loved by all![face_peace]

3. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
  4. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Even more updates!

Speak up, guys! What do you want to see at this Con? Beleive me... the ones organizing this event are listening.

5. Milady

Milady Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    we're looking forward to this! :)

6. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I hope so! So... when ya comin' back? :confused:

7. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    updates, updates, and more updates.....

Keep checking ConNooga.com for all the latest info.
    If you're a gamer, you're going to LOVE ConNooga. Tournaments and open gaming galore in our 6800 sq. ft. gaming area!
    If you've ever walked into a gaming store and wondered about some of these games, we'll have Game Designers and reps teaching people how to play them.
    Video gaming... BIG news coming soon!
    15,000 Square Feet of Exhibitors, Artists, Celebrities and Fan Groups!
    Like horror? We're bringing in industry pro Leonard Pickel (co-creater of Haunted Attraction magazine and founder of HAuNTcon) to run all of our horror related programming.
    For those that like Anime, we will have an entire area devoted to all things Japanese PLUS our first annual Anime Music Video contest!
    With a 500 seat theater at our disposal, it seems only fitting that we have a FanFilm contest as well! In addition to that, we will be premiering (at least) two new feature films (more on this later).
    Workshops, panels, contests, kids programming, and much, much more....

Special Guests include:
    Actress / Journalist - Suzi Lorraine
    Actress / Producer - April Monique Burril (aka Chainsaw Sally)
    Comic Book Sensation - Thong Girl
    Actress/Model - Niki Notarile
    Blinky Productions - Chris Notarile
    Actor, Stuntman, Musician, Magician, Director, Writer, Consultant Jim O'Rear
    Actor, Producer, Martial Artist Ted Alderman
    Cast, Crew, Special Effects and Bands from the Film FOREVER DEAD!
    Fantasy - Local Wrestling Sensation as well as other local Wrestling Superstars!

Special ARTIST and AUTHOR guests include:
    Artist and Founder of Dark Angels - William 'Nick' Johns
    Artist Steve Stanley
    Artist of Bushi Tales Comic - Lin Workman
    Artist Billy Tackett
    Author - Georgiana Kotarski
    Artist and Author - Ed Crandell

Musical performers
    Crank Sanatra
    Leticia Wolf
    KIFF - Knowledge is for Fools

As we're a convention for the fans, by the fans, we encourage all types of Fan Groups to be a part of ConNooga. If your fan group would like a table to help promote your group, send your request to info@connooga.com. At this time, the following fan groups have signed on:
    The MidSouth Garrison of the 501st
    The Corellian Base of the Rebel Legion
    The Jedi Assembly
    The SouthEastern Browncoats
    The Dark Alliance
    SG-Command.net
    StargateHero.net
    SEPS - SouthEastern Paranormal Society
    The Dark Empire
    Chattooine - Chattanooga's Sci-Fi group
    The 1337girls

If there is something that you would like to see or feel others would like, let us know! We want to put together a multi-fandom convention made up of things that the fans want. Registration is now open! A 3-day pass is only $22.00 (until July 31st).
    www.ConNooga.com

8. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004

NEVAH!!! :p

probably not till next year (permenantly), but we'll be up there sometime soon, I promise! :)

9. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    BUMP! Even more updates! [face_hypnotized] When will it ever stop? =D=

~ConNooga~

10. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Hey! [face_skull]

If you haven't been in a while, check out www.ConNooga.com. Some more guests have been added along with some other stuff. Reminder: if you want the best membership rate, get your 3-day membership soon. Rates will go up right after DragonCon. Right now, it's only $25 for all three days ($15 for kids 7-12 and free for kids 6 and under). There will be things to do the entire time (yes, even at 3 in the morning) so make sure you stock up on Red Bull and/or load up your Starbucks card, because you're going to need it!

11. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    this is going to ROCK!!! :D

12. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    SABER IDOL IS COMING TO CON NOOGA!

[image=http://connooga.com///3Saber-Idol-Poster.jpg]

Saber Idol Contest To Be Held February 22nd, 23rd, 2008 Chattanooga, TN Connooga Convention

Saber Idol is a "Saber" Contest designed around the format of popular American TV shows. Saber Idol will be an entertaining event for the entire family that is designed for the master Saberman/woman to show off his or her skills and talents. The Competition is to be entered by individuals that have a set of pre-choreographed ?saber? demonstrations that highlight one?s finesse without fighting. Demonstrations will be set to musical themes chosen by the contestants themselves. This controlled and civilized Demonstration will not only show the skill of the Saberman/woman, but their discipline, grace and their flare for the dynamic and dramatic! The Competition will be broken down into three (3) rounds with Convention attendees choosing the Idol after live voting. Three Saber Idol Judges will determine the initial eight contestants culled from videos submitted on YouTube and via mail.

The Judges are as follows:

Tanthos Jorlac- Founder of The Jedi Assembly, International Costuming Group. Force Battle Extreme Contestant: Master Replicas Combat Trials-Hollywood, CA 2007.

Jade Starlighter- Fan Judge. Member of The Jedi Assembly costuming group.

Simon Drego- SaberMaster extraordinaire. Swordsmaster to Master Replicas Freestyle Champion Qui-Kel Jinn

Saber Idol will be hosted by: Qui-Kel Jinn - Force FX Freestyle Champion at Master Replicas Combat Trials in Hollywood, CA May 2007.

For official rules and entry form, go to: ConNooga - Saber Idol

13. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Just announced....

FELIX SILLA

You know him, although you may not know his face. Remember Twiki from Buck Rogers? How about Cousin Itt from the Addams Family? For the Star Wars fans (which is why you're here, right?) he played the "flying Ewok" in Return of the Jedi. Felix's website

14. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    awesome! :) this is really stacking up to be a great time!! :D

Saber Idol should be a great time & our guest list just gets better & better! :)

15. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Not sure if you're into video games or not, but....

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ab/Gamestop.png/250px-Gamestop.png]
    [image=http://a997.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/l_c4f5d3cf6ffae92b7e0697e825362ec4.jpg]

GameStop / EB Games is sponsoring our Video Gaming Room. So ALL the best systems and ALL the hottest games will be at ConNooga.

Want some more awesome news? The 1337girls will be there handling the tournaments and (if you ask nicely) happily pwn you until you cry.

16. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Two words: Dance Party. ;)

We've got five definite maybes coming from Memphis, not including the Memphis Mafia guest artists. Looking forward to it!! :D

17. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Dance party, eh? Sarka...? Would you care to elaborate on the Dance Party? :cool:

18. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Same night as the Room Parties (Saturday), we will be hosting an Anime Rave/Dance Party complete with rave-like atmosphere (glow sticks, lighting, etc). During the Dance, we will have Cosplay After Dark...for the more maturely themed costumes. The Directors will be scanning the crowd to give away a "Best of Show" uber secret prize. :D We are still looking for the DJ, but once we have that lined up, we'll put up more details of what will be going on! :)

19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Shweet!! I'm so excited. :D Is it Feb. yet? [face_peace]

20. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Whew! We're back from DCon and tired as heck! That's a good thing, though, as we were busy, busy, busy! From 10:00am (officially) to 8:00pm every night, we met sooooo many people at the ConNooga booth. I forgot to bring my camera in, so I'll get the pics uploaded later. Thanks to Felix Silla, Billy Tackett, Jim O'Rear, the Volunteer Vixens, Glenda and Tony Finelstein, Dutch (from HallowCon), the Cruxshadows, and Christina Barber for stopping by to say "Hi". Also, thanks to the Jedi Assembly, the Dark Alliance, the MidSouth Garrison of the 501st, Stargate SG-9, ElektroKandy and Amber (of the 1337girls), JAMPCon, SEPS, the Southeastern Browncoats, the Dark Empire, DFP radio, and the Alabama Garrison of the 501st for pumping us up and showing their support. You guys ROCK! For those people and groups we didn't get to see, we're sorry... We wanted to, we meant to, but although it was a weekend event, there just is never enough time at DragonCon. Also, we ended up staying at our booth rather than force others to watch it for us for too long. In addition, we talked to Dave Prowse, Ray Park, Lori Petty, Erik Estrada, Erin and Samantha Grey, and so many other people as they drifted toward our booth to see what we were about. They were only too happy to attach a ConNooga button on their shirts as they gave us their info to contact them. Anyway, we had nothing but positive feedback and support for what ConNooga is all about and everyone we talked to seemed to be excited about "a smaller version of DragonCon". BTW, according to those that brought it up, that would be a good thing.

Speaking of, in general, DragonCon is (as usual) BIG. Lots of people, lots to do, but lots of chaos. If I had to sum up in one phrase what was on people's lips, it would be "the Hyatt sucks!" We had our booth in the Marriott right next to the entrance to the Walk of Fame (they had their own room set aside for the celebs this year). The other fan groups were also in that general area. The Hilton had the dealer's room, the exhibitors hall, and a few fan groups (that didn't require a backdrop or made much noise... heh). The Hyatt had most of the activities, though. The Masquerade, the bands, the panels, etc... Not sure if it happened every night, but the Hyatt was shut down several times and would not allow people to go in. No pictures were allowed at certain times. The stairways were blocked as they forced a bottleneck to make you go down the escalators (still trying to figure that one out). Also, I heard the Hyatt wanted out of their contract with DCon, and the best way to get out was to make everyone miserable. Good job, Hyatt!

Anyway, with the Hyatt being what it was, it forced everyone to move into the Marriott. With the more open areas, it was much better equiped for the big group pictures anyway. The Jedi Assembly had their table next to us which made for a great partnership. Since a lot of them are doing SABER IDOL at ConNooga, it made sense. Also, they set up some interviews in our booth which drew a crowd (who I'm sure was wondering what was going on). Thanks to everyone that helped out with the booth and helped promote us. Whether you passed out the postcards and buttons, pulled costumers over to get pics in front of the booth, filled in for us as we were forced to eat, let us put flyers at their tables, or ran and got us FREEK energy drinks, we appreciate it!

I guess I should mention that the ConBoys made a special appearance at the booth. For those that went to the Masquerade... you know who they are. For those that didn't make it, I'm sure there will be video on YouTube soon. I can't name names, but let's just say that we know them... well. Also, thanks to HippieTrooper (winner of the Mr Star Wars contest) for stopping by and giving off that great vibe of energy while being interviewed for Saber Idol. Next year, it'll be up to our friends Anthony and Rob of the Jedi Assembly to take the Mr Star Wars crown.

I may edit this as I remember more and more things that I'm sure I'm forgeting now, but now it's back to the "real world" (sl

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Someday, I will make it to D*Con. *sigh*

We booked our room for Con Nooga. wOOt!! :D

22. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    w00t w00t! :)

I hear D*C is almost too big and unruly & the idea of a smaller version in Chatt appeals to a LARGE crowd! ;) [face_mischief]

23. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    [face_peace]I'll agree to that...=D=

I enjoyed D*Con but -TOO MANY FREAKIN PEEPS!
    :eek:[face_hypnotized]

BTW: More updates, and more vendors will be posted... I'm just too darn busy this week!

24. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    The train keeps rollin'!

We had another great meeting yesterday. I think we had more fun filming some spots for ConNooga TV. For those that don't know, we'll have control of the in-hotel TV channel, so we're going to load it up with stuff to keep you entertained even when you're in your room trying to get away from it all! So... turn on the hotel channel and leave it on all weekend. You're not going to want to miss the crazy stuff that'll be on there. Thanks to Wigley FX for being the directors, writers, film crew, editors, choreographers, etc, etc, etc....

25. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    [face_dancing] just 3 days!!! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.