main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Congratulations to the "Men of War" National Champions!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarJarIsBoba, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    The University of Hawaii men's volleyball team won its first national championship yesterday in Pennsylvania!

It was awesome!

Check out the details on the winning game here.

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    yes, congratulations to our warriors. It was a great game. Only had a chance to see some of it. The award has finally come home to us.

3. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Yup, I was jumping up and down and bouncing all around watching the game on Saturday. At long last we have a national title. You should check what Fred Lewis wrote in today's Honolulu Advertiser though. Two national titles in one year? The idea might not be so far fetched.

4. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    I remember those bygone days when the women's team was in the top 4 in volleyball.
    But now the men's team have caught up and now it's up to the women to raise the bar one more time.

It's definitely possible to sweep the national volleyball titles. But, the women are going to have to peak at the right time, like the men did.

5. MaulsIllegitimateSon

MaulsIllegitimateSon Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Since my moms tried to track maul down and moved this Kona Boy to the mainland 9 years ago, I see little of anything about UH. I'm going to College in New Zealand right now and was on treadmill at the gym and the ESPN affiliate was showing the game. I only got to see the last five or six points but when I saw the Boys jumpng up and down I figured that they were about to win and when that spike got set up I, we just knew. When it went down and they stormed the court it brought it tear to my eye as the thought does now. I am so proud for my REAL home to win a national championship, congrats and Mahalos.

6. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Really cool story. Hopefully, you can come back to visit Hawaii someday. If you haven't been here in 9 years, a lot has changed.

7. MaulsIllegitimateSon

MaulsIllegitimateSon Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    I've been back twice. I left right after 8 grade and went back to Kona right after HS grad. In those four years so much had changed all the auntie uncle stores ran out for mainland chains, subdivisions everywhere. I never want to go back it's too painful. I'll go to the other islands, like when I visited my bruddahs in Palolo valley. Hopefully, I wont drop out this time and go for my masters at UH, but that's just a long term plan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.