main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Cool stuff coming up non Star Wars related

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Relin, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Just thought everyone might want to know that the Louisville ZOmbie walk is taking place Sunday August 29th at 8:30 at the corner of Eatern Parkway and Bardstown Road and there is a Princess Bride Festival SUnday September 19th at 2:00 at the Alley Theater.

2. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Oooh! We didn't get to go last year... can't remember why now... however, it's now on our calendar to attend. We heard lots of fun things from Cungr about it last year and we won't miss this one. Bane and I will be there... yep!!

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Great idea for a thread. Let me add to it...

The movie "Serenity" will be screening as the midnight show at the Baxter Ave theater on Saturday August 28. If you're not familiar with the movie or the TV series "Firefly" that spawned it, it's some good scifi by the creator that brought us Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Dr Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog--Joss Whedon. Think space western. There will probably be some people coming up from Nashville to see this and I'll be putting on my best Captain Malcolm Reynolds costume.

4. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Couldn't make the Serenity outing and I am a maybe for the Zombie Walk. Plans are in flux at the moment.

Will not attend the Princess Bride event.

5. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    Well that's just "INCONCEIVABLE"!

6. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Not going to Serenity can only mean one thing...

INVASION

7. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Well Pooh-Dooh! We have other plans on the 28th .... but ... we'll be there for the Zombie thing on the 29th. [face_batting]

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    It's OUTRAGEOUS

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    The midnight movie sounds really cool. Anyone else doing that? Well, other than Captain Tightpants?

10. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Well, well... my how things can change! We will be at the Serenity movie tonight! Woo-Hoo! Anyone up for dinner out or some drinks somewhere before hand? If not, we'll be down there around 11:15. [face_dancing]

11. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    I feel like a push-me-pull-you. We won't be there for the movie now... the sand man entered the building on us. However, if anyone would like to join us, we are going to be at Wicks on Bardstown Rd. tomorrow at 6:30pm. We're going to get some pizza before heading down to where the Zombie thing is supposed to be. Hope to see you all down there. [face_batting]

12. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Where is the Wicks on Bardstown Rd. located at?

13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Had a great time. Place was packed with Rocky Horror People, so I couldn't spot anyone once I got there. Not even Captain Tightpants. I didn't see anyone I knew, so I just grabbed some popcorn and watched the show.

--Jammies

14. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Relin, here is a link to Wicks in the Highlands. (We'll be there around 6:30)

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/51/551539/restaurant/The-Highlands/Wicks-Pizza-Parlor-Louisville

I hope you can make it. This should be fun, but from what I understand, you should try to get there early. I spoke with Cognus last night on line, and she says that the crowds last year were incredible.

My Jammies,
    We apologize for bailing out on the show... @};- the oomph just petered out after 9:00pm. I hope you can come see us tonight at the Zombie thing. [face_praying]

For All,
    We are leaving our house around 4:00pm so we can go by the Halloween store. Bane is going to purchase a couple of things for his Halloween Storm Trooper costume.. its a cheap one, but it'll do for the purposes here. He's going as a Death Trooper, [face_skull] and I'm going to be a Zombie hunter. [face_cowboy] I also need to pick up some play guns for my holsters. A couple of years ago, I and my daughter went to an army surplus store, and purchased some things for Laura Croft outfits. We were going to go to a Halloween party as an older and younger Laura Croft. She wound up having to work that night. Oh well, at any rate, I bought a back pack, shoulder harness, and an officers holsters with hip belt. It's all perfect for a Zombie hunter look. This will be fun! [face_dancing]

Like I said, we'll be at Wicks tonight at 6:30pm., possibly a little earlier. We are trying to beat the crowds there. The Lord Bane that many of you met at the O.K.Bayou Meet and Eat night will also be there. He is a big Zombie fan and is excited about it. And... drum roll please... drrrrrrrrr....... Miss Bane will also be there. =D= I hope to see you all there. [face_batting]

15. DarthCyrin

DarthCyrin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2010
    Nocturnus and I shall be there as Zombie GaGa and Zombie Beetlejuice!

16. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I was there, sorry I missed you. We had some Browncoats come up from Nashville so we were there early, about 2 hours early. Not sure if you saw they were playing "Firefly" on the screens above the concession stand but that was for us. The manager was complimenting my costume (and making sure my Mal pistol was kosher) and he's a fan and we got to talking and about 10 minutes later he popped that in. Cool. We saw how crowded it was getting so we formed the head of the line to get in. Didn't let anyone in the theater until about 10 till which surprised me. Good crowd, bigger than I expected. We about filled the 100 seat theater. For all those fans I'm surprised I didn't see more costumes or at least Browncoat themed t-shirts. I guess I'm used to Star Wars fans expressing themselves so openly. Well even if they're flying covertly it's nice to know they're still out there.

All you zombies have fun tonight!

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I had on a Browncoat-themed T shirt.

18. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Wish we could have made it Jammies, we would have sought you out. Glad you had a great time though.

I hope everyone else has a fun and very creepy time tonight at the zombie walk!!

19. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    I had a blast at the Zombie Event, and ran into the Zannah, Bane, and Cyrin out there by random happen chance. It was great seeing ya'll after a month of being away playing soldier!

I'm off to bed... stayed up waaaaay too late and gotta get up waaaaay too early.

20. Cungr_Vanck

Jul 7, 2008
    You also ran into Cognus and I....we heard you say you didn't know who we were to your fellow Mandalorian. I think I got some good video of you too.

21. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Did I really? Oh, man. Haha. There were a number of people I ran into, but not many I recognized off the bat. It actually took me a while to realize who Cyrin was, because the blonde Lady Gaga wig threw me off entirely.

Plus, it didn't help I was in a black tinted helmet visor at night without my glasses on... lol So my bad for not recognizing you!

22. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Dar didn't recognize Cungr and Cognus? LOL! That's too funny! Well let see, we seen Jammies, Relin, Dar, and Nocturnus and Cyrin. We brought our friend who goes by the name of Bane, and his wife Cherie. We missed Cungr and Cognus ourselves... Shabs!

I will say tho, that we didn't get to the actual area where all the Zombies were at till around 9:00pm. I think the Mandos and myself were the onlyl Zombie killers there. It was a target rich environment. [face_cowboy]

Wicks wasn't crowded at all, but it was a fair walk from there to where everyone was at. We had a very nice time... and Dar, you and your friend had some pretty awesome dance moves! It always amazes me how people can move in that armor! Good times, and even tho I wish I'd filmed it, we got some good pics. As soon as I get them up, I'll post them. [face_batting]

23. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I think I glimpsed Cyrin but didn't realize who she was. It was a good time.

I just found out about this today. The Frazier Museum is holding a Founders Day thing this Saturday and trying to beat the world record for largesst gathering of pirates! http://www.fraziermuseum.org/calendar_detail.asp?id=333

24. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    We would so go to this, however, our Labor Day weekend is filled up. Anyone who can attend, have a great time! Aaaarrrrrr! :p

25. Cungr_Vanck

Jul 7, 2008
    No worries Dar. I think we have only met a couple times and I am one of the quieter ones of the group. I was the guy in the Spanish Inquisition shirt who was filming while in the midst of the zombie horde. You probably heard Cognus scream a couple times as she was playing the victim. Actually, I think everyone within a couple blocks heard her!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.