main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Corellia: Reach for the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthXan318, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Eryk Graf
    On-Station, Hangar Bay

With a few simple supplies and tools nestled into the knapsack slung on his back, Graf returned to the hangar bay with a less than enthusiastic outlook concerning the upcoming journey. It was a far cry from how optimistic he was at the briefing just moments earlier. The change came when he actually took the chance to download the mission details and study them. It contained the usual synopsis of everything the Captain had highlighted during the meeting and then there was the ship...

The craft had no doubt seen better days and with its patchwork hull and less than stellar schematics, it resembled more of a relic than a working starship. As he stepped through the hatch that led to the hangar bay, Graf decided that it looked even worse in person. He even began to have his doubts that the rust bucket would even make it off the station in one piece.

"I've uncovered random junk in better condition than that," he commented to no one in particular. He didn't care if someone overheard...in fact, he was actually hoping they would. Perhaps then something would be done about the current arrangements. He didn't get his hopes up, though.

Inhaling deeply, he covered the rest of the distance to the junker's boarding ramp and peered inside warily before noticing Mariisa standing nearby. "Don't trust our wings either, hmm?" He chuckled a bit before placing one foot on the base of the ramp. He was surprised when it didn't crumble under his weight. "How about we brave it together then."

He nodded to her a final time before ascending the ramp and disappearing into the bowels of the ship.

TAG: Ktala, Xan, Team Corellia

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  2. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Axel Antilles
    The Cheap Trick, approaching Selonia

Axel filtered out most of the captain?s bluster and mil-speak. He?d heard it all before. The details: they were what were important. A dig site? not for him. He?d dug his share of trenches in the war, but the new government hadn?t dragged him out here, away from his sister and their business, away from the ship that meant more to him than all these strangers he was meeting. The ship that had died, years ago.

Hm. The old noggin was wandering again. He looked at the other flatscreens. Either of those missions looked acceptable, as each was focused on investigating a Rakatan ship. He watched some of the others choose their preferred assignment, but he sat back and waited. Axel didn?t think that this Captain Ferrault was a fool, so he was confident that he would be sent to one of the two places he was needed.

As it turned out, Ferrault was not a great fool, so he could clearly not choose the Tralus dig site for Axel?s assignment. However, in addition to the medic Thorn, Axel would be teamed up with Olic and Morgue, the colorful pair from the hangar bay. Always an adventure. After they were dismissed, Axel took a scenic route to the hangar bay, taking note of the station?s features and memorizing the twisting passageways. He was fiddling with a maintenance terminal when his datapad beeped, notifying him of the information packet that was to supplement the briefing with more in depth detail about the Selonian mine and the agent who had been stationed there.

Oh, that?s right. The others are probably chomping at the bit, impatient to blast off. Time to go then.

He steered back by the dormitories and picked up his gear (guess I?m not staying the night after all) and headed back to the hangar.

As he boarded the ship, whose name (the Cheap Trick) was stenciled in bold letters along the bow, he paused for a moment.

A little beat up, no doubt needs interior work. Performance might not be that great. But by the stars, her lines are beautiful.

Axel was an engineer, not an architect. If asked to make a ship design, he would build it inside out, the best and most efficient that he could. This led to most of them being very blocky and unwieldy. Not a totally bad thing. But the romantic in him sometimes wished that he had been born with a little more talent in that area, that he could make a ship as lovely to look at on the outside as on the inside. With a name like Cheap Trick, he guessed that she was probably mischievous, at times unreliable. At least it didn?t radiate death, like the other woman whose company Axel found himself in.

He boarded, and saw the medic talking with Captain Olic. He waved in their direction to let them know he was on board and ready to go, but not wanting to interrupt whatever it was they were talking about. He found his way to the crew quarters and settled in for a nap. He knew from experience that it was a smart move to do that now, rather than trusting that he could sleep after they hit the ground.

He awakened to the proximity alarm, and to the captain calmly calling everyone up to the cockpit. On his arrival, Axel saw two empty seats, and settled into the one that looked like it was weapons control. Captain Olic began his pre-mission speech, as it was obvious that he was assuming command of the mission.

Whatever, as long as he doesn?t get us killed.

"Okay, everybody. We made it here and now we´re approaching our target. There is a ship, there is a mine and both belonged to the hammerheads. Nobody was really in that mine since it collapsed, but it was a site of heavy fighting. And the scout is gone and we do not know where to. Most likely to the seven hells, but we are not there to save him.?

?Nine, it?s nine hells. Surely a treasure hunter should know that much,? Axel mumbled as Olic went on with his speech.

?Check the ship, make sure we get what is left of it´s technology and then back to Lucy. The Station, I mean. Anyway, keep your eyes open, always. Keep your mind open for anything an

3. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Carek Thorn
    The Cheap Trick

After his discussion with Olic, who he found fairly charming - both he and his beautiful, yet mysterious ally made a perfect team. Carek noticed another man boarding, but neglected talking. He was too tired. After making sure he had time for a short nap, he retired to a room and napped a little. The ship was just as charming and rustic as the pilots. Carek didn?t exactly feel right here. Out of place. As if he wasn?t needed, which he hopefully wouldn?t be. After waking up, he heard the captain speaking.

The instructions were interesting. He was to stay in the middle, which he preferred. Less likely to get hurt. And the hero part. . .the other man along with the ride, who he had forgotten to ask the name of, seemed a little too cocky. Maybe it was just false intuition, but Carek just knew this trip would be different.

Tense, at the very least.

As he sat, listening to the countdown, he heard another voice.

?You?ll never be able to do this, Carek. You were a born soldier. Dare to defy me or your mother, and we won?t bless you. Ever.? And Carek remembered his response. He smiled a little at his father?s panic stricken face.

As they touched down, he heard a voice in his mind whisper:

Let the games begin.

And he begged it not to be so.

TAG: Fin, Sirak, tjace, Xany

4. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Zahara
    On-Station, Hangar

God damn it I knew it.

Exactly as he had thought; the Drall had no idea about the landing gear but, instead, had decided to fix a little bit of dripping from his fuel lines. Fuel lines dripped, so what? What was the point of wasting a little bit of fuel when there was a possibility that he may be unable to land? How the Drall didn't even notice...

"Wait, wait!" Lyle tried to stop him but the walking, talking, hairball was already pulling open another hatch at the landing gear. The pilot actually winced at hearing the hatch pulled open. That was his ship! It was a piece of junk, waste of space ship but it was his ship!

"I think I see the problem! One of the leads in the back could use a bit more grease, it's all dried up and shrivelly, I just have to ... dismantle ..."

Lyle was just glaring silently at the Drall.

However, it seemed that the Drall was not to be the only target of his ire. Just as the Drall was about to shrink away, Lyle was surprised when Lazlo - he forgot he was there - suddenly spoke, seeming outraged at the ship. Finally, at least someone was able to understand-

"You. You don't look after your ship!"

......WHAT!?

Course, that wasn't all of it. Not only was Lazlo seemed to be blaming him for the problems, but now the mechanic actually dared to threaten him from coming near his own ship.

"You think I wanted this!?" Lyle snapped at Lazlo, waving his arms frantically at his ship while the Drall used this opportunity to run. "I didn't have a choice! I sign up for job, they give me ship, I fly ship to station! The hell was I supposed to know the kind of death trap that they gave me!? I'm not even having a chance to do my own repairs because now I gotta deliver your asses to our assigned site! And you actually have the nerve to tell me to not come near my own ship!?"

It had been a while since Lyle snapped. Despite having led a life that involved handling dangerous ordnance and having bombs rain down all around you, it was only now that he felt his temper rise to the point where he was actually shouting.

"My ship!" Lyle clarified. "Me pilot! Means I say who can come near it and who can't! Speaking of which..." he pointed towards the boarding ramp "...get on that death trap! We got work to do damn it!"

With all the shouting and his anger on the rise, Lyle whirled around a little too quickly upon hearing that simple 'Hello all' and the question of 'Where is my bunk?' only seemed to infuriate him more. He just wanted people to stop bothering him!

"Get your ass on the ship and find one yourself!" Throwing his hands above his head, Lyle voiced a last "GOD!" before stomping up the boarding ramp.

TAG: Peng, Saint, Jedi_Master, Xani

5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Ran Ringhaven
    Aboard the #CYT190-A

It was the shouting that drew Ran out of his thoughts. And at probably a good time, too; he'd gone a little too far into them, and wasn't liking at all what he saw there. It sounded like the ship's captain was back onboard, and was already getting a bit hot under the collar.
    Wait until he reads over the intel report. Or maybe he already has.

In any event, the historian closed the book in front of him and came out of his cabin, pulling back to avoid roughly a hundred-fifty pounds of steamed ship captain clunking loudly past him towards the cockpit with a face like a graduate student to whom an 'F' grade has been provided.

He turned to look in the other direction; recognised the faces of the other two men who'd been in the briefing. The quiet-looking one was probably Davos Reemus, the fellow who'd asked for directions to a ship cabin. The small, wiry one had to be Lazlo Lundi, the shipmech who'd been shouting a few seconds before.
    "Hullo!" said Ran, feeling a smile break out unintended, offering his hand to each of them. "Ran Ringhaven. I'm, er, sorry we didn't get the chance to be introduced earlier. Good to meet both of you. Um, the ship's only got two actual crew cabins as far as I can see -- but there's two small-ish storage bulkheads as well, there and there -- I suppose we could clear them out if we all wanted individual rooms. I suppose there's the cargo bay as well ... I'd offer the top bunk in my cabin, but I'd have to clear out my texts first. Also, I snore." He grinned.

TAG: JMS, Peng, Sarge221

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    On-Station, Hangar Bay, bording the Shachihata

'Oh!'

Mariisa looked up at the sounds of so much shouting. The people, dealing with the other ship, seemed to be having issues. Many loud voices and shouting. The Drall ran. Not good start to mission for them. Going to be a noisy den.

Then again, her own group had barely said three words to each other so far. Probably talk more later.

*Sniff*

The human that Mariisa had met earlier had walked over close to where she was standing, and was doing the same thing that she was, peering into the ship. He then spoke to her.

"Don't trust our wings either, hmm?" He chuckled a bit before placing one foot on the base of the ramp. She gave a soft chittering sound.. her laugh. He added, "How about we brave it together then."

She nodded. And watched as human Eryk Graf entered the Shachihata. She had noticed how he had tested the ramp with his foot. Obviously, he also had thoughts about the ship, but while it was old, it was also a bit comforting to her. She quickly moved, to follow him into the ship, looking about with curiosity as she disappeared within the ship. Once inside she stopped, in what look like a main area of the ship, not sure where to proceed from there. Probably best to wait. Besides, she didnt care where she slept. She didnt even think of sleeping right now. There were far too many interesting things here. All these lights blinking, and the soft whirl of computers and equipment. She still had plans on working on a sensing device of a sort as well. All she needed was a work area.

Shen then spokr to Graf, "Hope, not have to fight on ship. We sneak in and sneak out again. Dont think could not take a fight." Mariisa commented in general. Mariisa sat back on her haunches, with a sudden thought. "What if tech we find...BIG? Like engines, and such? Wonder if the expect us to bring back with us..or just bring diagrams?" Hmm. They not really say. Not like we have equipment to take apart, though, so never mind."

Yes, she had so many ideas. Now, if she could just find find parts. Big ship like this, probably had a few spare parts, or parts it didnt need lying about. The Hanger area had been a bust, and she didnt have much time to check out the station. Maybe should would find something interesting here.

Mariisa sat next to a big table, and waited, all the while punching code on her tablet.

TAG: HanSolo, Team Corellia, Xan

7. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    Calcin
    Lucifer Station: Hangar Bay

Calcin watched the argument unfold. Pilot upset at Drall. Drall clueless. Drall messes more up. Mechanic yells at Drall and Pilot. Pilot explodes on everyone. They storm on board. Interesting. Meanwhile, Scholar and Youngest were boarding their ship. Time? What time is it? Waiting for Anders, Younger... not here. Need puncuality. Dumb youths... Calcin stood up, grabbed the rucksack, and headed over to the ship. Joints creaking? Too old for this...

She climbed up the boarding ramp to find Scholar and Youngest discussing tech they might find. Well, not discussing, really. Youngest just rambling. Looking around, Calcin recognized this as the ship she had flown in on. Stupid ship... cramped, rusty, falling apart. Still, they were about to enter a combat mission, so rather than stand around complaining about the ship conditions, Calcin settled into one of the cabins and fell asleep, still waiting for Anders and Younger.

TAG: Xan, Corellia Team

8. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    As soon as Davos asked about a bunk, a man that he assumed was Lyle Zahara the pilot screamed back at him, "Get your ass on the ship and find one yourself! God!" Davos narrowed his eyes and watched as Lyle stormed away. He was not encouraged by what he had just seen because a temperamental pilot was not exactly what this mission needed. Hopefully Lyle's attitude would change during the flight over to Tralus because they all needed to be focused.

Finally a voice of reason spoke out to him and Lazlo Lundi, Davos recognized him as Ran Ringhaven. "Hullo! Ran Ringhaven. I'm, er, sorry we didn't get the chance to be introduced earlier. Good to meet both of you. Um, the ship's only got two actual crew cabins as far as I can see -- but there's two smallish storage bulkheads as well, there and there -- I suppose we could clear them out if we all wanted individual rooms. I suppose there's the cargo bay as well ... I'd offer the top bunk in my cabin, but I'd have to clear out my texts first. Also, I snore."

Davos appreciated the levity that Ran brought and shook his hand giving him a nod as well while keeping a serious face. He turned his head in the direction that Lyle had just stormed off into and then back to Ran and Lazlo. ?It is good to meet you both as well. I hope that was not a preview of things to come from our pilot. I will take one of the storage bulkheads you mentioned and clear it out into the cargo hold as a place to put my things. Thank you for the information.?

With that Davos nodded his head in appreciation and went into ship and found one of the previously mentioned storage spots. He set down his bag and removed the blasters from his belt and put them in the bag. Davos began clearing space and moving canisters and boxes to the cargo hold and secured them. He went back to his new room and set out his bed roll and organized various things. When he was done Davos went back to Ran and said, "I?m sure you read the information packet." Davos made sure to stat that and not phrase it as a question, knowing Ran would have already done so. "I have to say that I am starting to think that this may be more than just a simple recovery operation for Rakatan Tech." Davos wanted to see what Ran thought about his previous thoughts and if he agreed with him. "The detail about the prototype weapons is an interesting twist to say the least." Davos did not want to reveal much else about his distrust for the leaders of the mission, so he waited for a response from Ran.

TAG: Saintheart, Sarge221, Penguinator-176, DarthXan318

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aboard the Shachihata

As Graf entered the main hold and dumped his things at his feet to have a look around, he heard the steady 'thump' of footsteps coming up the ramp behind him. He didn't even need to turn around to know that it was Mariisa. At first, he wasn't sure if the Drall would take him up on his offer, but in the end, it was nice to see that she was starting to open up. Perhaps there was still hope for this expedition.

"Hope, not have to fight on ship. We sneak in and sneak out again. Don't think could not take a fight." Mariisa commented after briefly poking around the ship.

Graf crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back against a bulkhead, studying the Drall intently as she found herself a seat. He certainly couldn't argue with that assessment. This ship would not hold up very well if they encountered any trouble...and chances are, they would. Confrontation always seemed to find Graf regardless of the situation and he had a gut feeling that this assignment would be no different. They would be in some real trouble if they had to rely on this ship for a means of escape.

"What if tech we find...BIG? Like engines, and such? Wonder if the expect us to bring back with us..or just bring diagrams? Hmm. They not really say. Not like we have equipment to take apart, though, so never mind."

Graf had to laugh at her rambling as he pushed away from the bulkhead to join her. "In all honestly, I hope we do find something big to bring back with us. I have been studying the Rakatan since I was a boy and most of the stories back then seemed more like myth - starships that could go faster than light, power shields and weapons that have the capability to terraform entire planets? Who would believe that? It was only in recent years that we started to understand and realize that this technology could be the key to the next age - a glorious age. Can you imagine what it would be like to cross this galaxy and explore everything it has to offer? All it will take is one discovery...one lead."

More footsteps echoed from the boarding ramp and a second Drall appeared in the hold. He glanced at Mariisa and Graf briefly before disappearing into one of the bunks. Well, he wasn't exactly the friendly type, but Graf had been grateful for the distraction. It helped him to realize that he had been rambling and he was probably boring poor Mariisa to sleep.

"Forgive me, I tend to get carried away on the subject," he admitted with a hint of embarrassment as he removed his hat and wiped his hand across his forehead. "I guess I should have taken the hint when I saw your eyes start to glaze over like when I lecture my students."

TAG: Ktala, docking_bay94, Xan, Team Corellia

10. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lisander Olic
    Cheap Trick; Approaching Selonia site

Did he had any bad feelings about this?

Lisander turned to Morgue. "1 . . . Landing Initiated"

And the thruster roared alive, dampening their landing to the ammount that was comfortable for both them and their ship.

"Plenty." Lisander then replied and stood up. "But I was wrong before." Looking at their guests a last time he could see they were not especially interested in anything he said. Well, he should have warned them it would be his only one. He had warned them, now it was everyone for himself, or everybody with him. that simple.

Locking the ship computer and taking the key to restart it, he handed one to Morgue and kept for himself.

Tag: Sirak, tjace, Spy, Xany

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Ran Ringhaven
    Aboard the as-yet-to-get-a-name freighter

Ran hesitated at Davos's words; as chilled as he'd been by some of the possible implications of the report, neither did he necessarily want to make them all paranoid.
    Still...
    "Well, I doubt our visit will go unnoticed," said Ran. "So that's a complication in and of itself. Even if the place is in ruins, I'd be very surprised if nobody has moved in since the destruction of the settlement. The coneys didn't just choose that site out of whim, after all. A centralised strongpoint, agricultural land all around it ... hard for refugees, or even just independently-minded settlers, to turn a blind eye to. It might well be we'll have to talk our way in."

Again he hesitated. No. If there's anything like the dangers you're supposing, your best chance of getting yourself and these men out unharmed is that they are forewarned as well.

He sighed. "Look, I don't know what sort of service you were in during the war, but mine was backline intelligence. And there's a lot about this report that doesn't read like a normal intel brief would, or should. The part I most can't understand is the unwillingness of the assault team to talk about what they found inside that underground base. It sounds like they were truly horrified about whatever they found, which just doesn't sit right with me. Those early assault teams were made up of some of the most cold men the resistance could find. Prototype weaponry doesn't make men slaughter the opposition like animals. Scientists defending themselves don't provoke that reaction. What might provoke that sort of reaction is ... finding live human test subjects. But even then that doesn't fit either, because there's no report of any test subjects rescued or evacuated, and testing weapons on live targets certainly wouldn't have been the worst atrocity the Rakatans perpetuated against our people."

He waved his hands helplessly. "All I can think of is that something spooked that assault team. Spooked it very, very badly, enough to burn every coney they found in the place, enough to keep them from talking about it at all. Either way - great caution, I think, is advised."

TAG: Tralus team

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    DarkLordoftheFins, SirakRomar, spycoder9, tjace
    Selonia: Base of the Cloudland Peaks

The Cloudland Peaks were renowned for being rugged, inhospitable, and generally a place you'd have to be either brave or reckless to climb. The mine entrance was situated not too far above sea level and on relatively level ground, but it was nonetheless not the kind of place one generally chose to visit.

As they flew by, anyone looking out a viewport would be able to see traces of the war and subsequent abandonment. Sharp gouges scarred the cliffs, far deeper and more even than anything nature could produce. Blast craters and mine cave-ins dotted the landscape, all overgrown by trees and scrub. There could see no trace of the Rakatan ship, but that was not unexpected - the idea that they might see it from above was really a bit of wishful thinking.

Landing a vessel as large as the Cheap Trick was therefore quite a feat to pull off, but Lisander managed it beautifully. The patch of ground he had found was barely big enough, nestled at a little plateau bordered by a river and a cliff that extended all the way to the clouds.

It was also cold.

Not freezing cold; not even cold enough for it to snow at this elevation, but it was definitely much colder than the climate-controlled space station they had just left. As the four disembarked, cold wind from the peaks whipped through their clothing.

Fortunately, if the maps were accurate, they should be not more than half a klick from the closest mine entrance.

---

Jedi_MasterSkywalker, Penguinator-176, Saintheart, Sarge221
    Tralus: Approach

It took nearly a full day to get to Tralus, as its orbit currently put it clear on the opposite side of the sun from the space station. This could have either been a good thing or a bad thing, considering the slightly rocky start they had made and the direction their discussions had taken.

From space, Tralus looked like any other agrarian planet: there was a lot of green and blue, broken by wisps of white where clouds gathered. Centerpoint Station loomed in the background, with Talus peeking out from its far side. Nobody challenged them over the comm and no ships rose to meet them; it looked as if nobody was watching the skies. (Which was probably true. The best scanners had all been Rakatan, and thus had all been destroyed.)

Cadelmin (or what was left of it, anyway) was located near the equator.

---

Bardan_Jusik, docking_bay94, HanSolo29, Ktala, Mitth_Fisto
    Corellia: Approach

Corellia was the biggest, busiest, most populous planet in the system, and it showed. The great Corellian Shipyards loomed in orbit like a second moon (albeit a sprawling, rather misshapen-looking one). A steady stream of vessels flew from Corell to the Shipyards, and a scattering of them flew out to the other worlds.

The Shachihata's arrival came unremarked-upon: no ships rose to challenge them, nobody hailed them on the comm. It was not unnoticed, however. The ship's beacon lit up briefly, and then went back to standby - someone had stripped their ID.

Probably someone working for their government. Probably.

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    Aboard the Shachihata

"Hope, not have to fight on ship. We sneak in and sneak out again. Don't think could not take a fight." Mariisa commented after briefly poking around the ship.

Eryk Graf crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back against a bulkhead. Human movement. Non threatening. Good. She started talking about the different tech that they may find.

Eryk Graf made a sound, she recognized as laughter. She looked up at him, as he moved towards her. "In all honestly, I hope we 'do' find something big to bring back with us. I have been studying the Rakatan since I was a boy and most of the stories back then seemed more like myth - starships that could go faster than light, power shields and weapons that have the capability to terraform entire planets? Who would believe that? It was only in recent years that we started to understand and realize that this technology could be the key to the next age - a glorious age. Can you imagine what it would be like to cross this galaxy and explore everything it has to offer? All it will take is one discovery...one lead."

Weapons that could terraform entire planets? That didnt sound good at all. All the other stuff was nice. But that last one..? Sounded more like Rakatan. More footsteps echoed from the boarding ramp and Mariisa saw the Selonian known as Calcin walk in. She passed them both without a word and disappeared into the back of the ship, where Mariisa guessed the bunk area was. She turned her head, when Eryk Graf spoke once more.

"Forgive me, I tend to get carried away on the subject," he stated as he removed his hat and wiped his hand across his forehead. "I guess I should have taken the hint when I saw your eyes start to glaze over like when I lecture my students."

Mariisa tilted her head, curious. Eyes glaze over? Nothing wrong with her eyes. She blinked, and held her hand in front of her eyes for a moment. She then grinned, showing small amount of teeth. "Oh..I like talking about technology. I can imagine much. But big tech, not unless we can fly or move it..hard to bring back. Captain on base would probably lose jaw, if we flew new tech back.." Marissa said with a slight laugh. "I just want to find computer banks. New parts. New code." Mariisa cracked her fingers.

"But big tech, would be nice..."

A soft whistle came from her bag. Mariisa looked down, and reached inside of it. She pulled out what looked like a tiny round ball. The thing let out another soft chirp. Mariisa chirped at the small droid. She then put it back inside of the bag.

She looked up with a grin.

"Toy." was all she said.

---

Later on, Mariisa found herself a place to curl up, with her 'family' and catch a few winks of sleep. Or try. But she was too excited, so she spent her time, studying her mission, and working on some code, tapping away softly on her computer. A soft beeping alerted her when they got close to the planet. Mariisa found a window she could take a look out of, and her eyes grew wide.

Corellia was the biggest, busiest, most populous planet in the system. She had never seen it before, and so much..so much of everything! The great Corellian Shipyards loomed in orbit. It was HUGE. And a steady stream of vessels flew from Corell to the Shipyards, and a scattering of them flew out to the other worlds. Her ears twitched in excitement. She did wonder how they were going to approach their target. The pilot had not had a chance to say much. Maybe they would all talk, once they landed. Others like her not say much either. Only one talk to her much, was human Eryk Graf. Many tiny eyes peered out, as they flew on to Corellia.

Oh, this was exciting.

TAG: HanSolo, docking_bay94, Team Corellia, Xan

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Major Ric Anders
    Aboard the Shachihata

Anders had returned to the hanger bay to find most of the Corellia team had finished their own preperations and were ready to depart. He managed to catch the end of the conversation between Graf and Mariisa.

"But big tech, would be nice..."

"We are just the scout team folks" he said as he slid his rucksack off his back and placed it to the floor. "If we find something useful and it's small enough we bring it back. If not, we get what we can, mark its location and a dedicated recovery team can collect the rest in a bigger ship." He looked around the hanger bay to see if the others had returned, there was no sign of Sacorr yet, but he was sure she would be on time. "If even that doesn't seem like an option, we blow the tech in place to ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands." Fortunatly the chance of that seemed slim. Being that this site was behind New Corellian lines, the Norks themselves were more likely to destroy anything of value rather than try to use it to their own advantage. He boarded the ship, stowing his ruck and weapons in the cockpit and started going over the pre-flight checklist. When everyone had arrived he spun up the engines and five minutes later they were skids up.

Anders spent most of the flight in silence, his attention on keeping the flying coffin as he thought of the Shachihata from coming apart at the seams. The environmental controls still seemed stuck on a setting that was far too warm for him liking, yet another thing for the mech crew to fix when they returned. Luckily the flight itself seemed rather uneventful, orbital control of the planet was primarily in the hands of the Coalition though he was sure that the Norks had their own Air Defense Network set up as well. Still, there were no challenges issued as they prepared to de-orbit, just a single ping on the craft's IFF system. Anders wasn't sure if it had been initiated by a CAF station, a Nork outpost or even a private cargo hauler just looking to alleviate their own boredom or curiousity. He continued on course, not much he could do about it now, he wasn't prepared to abort the mission for so little.

He called back to the passenger areas. "Since we don't have an exact location, I am going to do a quick aerial recon of the area." With that said he slowed the craft and brought it down low, hopefully underneath the coverage of any Nork RADAR. "Everyone be on the lookout for either Norks or the crashsite."

TAG: Corellia Team.

15. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    Davos Reemus - Aboard the #CYT190-A - Tralus Approach

Ran Ringhaven's words were not lost on Davos and the warning at the end was needless to say, expected. Davos agreed with Ran in that the extreme nature of the soldier's response concerning the Rakatans and their slaughtering was troubling. Seasoned soldiers being "horrified" as Ran had put it, was something that Davos was determined to look into because although it was too late to save anyone the team would be avenging the lives of those that died needlessly at the whims of the Rakatans. Also the assumption that the area would already have inhabitants surrounding it was another hurdle the team would have to navigate through. Hopefully these beings would be receptive to anyone coming onto their territory, but Davos had a feeling that that would not be the case. The last thing Davos wanted to do was start a fight with beings that had already gone through hell during the wars. Davos knew he would have to keep his anger in check when facing those that were likely to think that the team was a bunch of poachers and thieves.

Davos finally responded with, ?During the wars my brother and I were a part of underground resistance group that moved beings from Coronet that had lost their homes and families. I am a fighter mainly. I have killed in the name of our cause, and unfortunately some of those were Coronet?s citizens that were taking advantage of the situation. Davos paused and suddenly all those faces came to him in flashes. Caleb would always scold him for being too aggressive and violent when he was angry, but Davos felt sometimes violence was the only way beings would listen. Davos continued. ?Caution would be an understatement in this case. I can see beings putting up a fight when we walk on their territory, they may think us thieves. Never mind the fact that they may have already taken pieces that we may deem important, then we may have to take those pieces from them. What rules of engagement are we following? What we find in the actual base will be another thing all together. I suppose we will take it as it comes.?

Davos looked out of a port hole and saw Tralus coming into view. The planet was not remarkable from this view but seeing Centrepoint Station for the first time was new and interesting to him. He could not wait for the ship to put down, it was not nerves but curiosity that was driving him now. What would they find? Who would they find? Who was watching them? Davos looked back at Ran, "I hope you're ready"

TAG: Saintheart, Tralus team, DarthXan318

16. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Zahara
    Tralus: Approach

As soon as Lyle got into the cockpit and strapped himself into the seat, some of his anger was starting to bleed out of him after what happened only a minute ago. When he started to go through his ship's checklist, he even started to feel better. Locking himself into the cockpit, sitting back in the pilot seat and simply working on a starship always made him feel better...despite whatever annoyances he may feel towards said ship. But hey, at least it gave him something else to focus on instead of any annoying passengers.

So the Drall fixed my fuel lines. Woopty-frakking-doo. There's still the case of one of my generators, the landing gear, and whatever else may be possibly wrong with this rust bucket.

Indeed, as Lyle went through his checklist, there seemed to be a couple more red flashing lights then there were when he last checked before the flight to the station. Not exactly a comforting sight but after taking a minute to experiment and making sure that the newly-created problems wouldn't affect the performance of his vessel - or at least wouldn't affect it too noticeably -, he decided to make due with it for now. Could always look at the problems later when they got back to the station...or on Tralus if their journey just turned out to be a long archaeology borefest.

Speaking of which.

Raising a hand, Lyle flicked on the intercom and, lowering his mouth towards the speaker, spoke, "All ri-"

A loud, incomprehensible burst of static echoed all throughout the hangar bay and Lyle had to pull his head back, a wince on his face and a curse issuing from his mouth.

"Nothing works right with this thing does it?" he murmured to himself. Making sure his face was farther from the speaker and speaking in a much quieter tone, Lyle repeated, "All right, for anyone coming to Tralus, get on board. Heading out in the next thirty seconds and if you're not on then too bad; gonna have to look for your lost, forbidden Rakata technology on some other vessel."

He actually counted down the seconds too. And, to his word, whether they were on board or not, the pilot closed the landing ramp on the vessel. Anyone that was still in the hangar would've had to pound away or gone towards the cockpit and waved towards Lyle to let them in but, if that wasn't the case, Lyle called back to the crew bay and shouted, "You guys ready?" He didn't even give them a chance to respond before he continued with, "Too bad! We're going anyway!"

If there was anything good he had to say about his vessel, he had to say that taking off was at least smooth. This time the landing gear cooperated, folding back into the vessel that Lyle still had yet to name before blasting off into space.

During the flight to Tralus, Lyle finally pulled out the datapad that held a copy of the Intelligent Report on Tralus before skimming it over. What he found was no surprise. Rakata testing weapons on live prisoners? Typical. Lyle heard the stories, especially when it came to Corellians that were born with supernatural powers that the Rakata possessed, but this was all old news. And also in the past. This was...what? Over ten years ago?

If anything was alive or were any Rakata left, we would know about it sometime during the last ten or so years, Lyle thought, clearly not at all concerned about anything suspicious that they might run into. Nothing left but some some tech. Hopefully something for starships. Just hope none of the geniuses kill themselves with anything.

That was all that Lyle had to think about that. But when they did get to Tralus, he did at least think it was a nice planet. Agricultural world, thus a mess of lovely blues and greens. Having been flying around over all the devastation that Corellia had to offer after so long, it was nice to see something that wasn't as heavily scarred. But it was still scarred if the Rakata base was any hint.

Quiet though, he thought to himself. There was no message being sent to them - though that could be something else broken on his sh

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    Aboard the Shachihata

While Mariisa was talking with Eyrk Graf, the other human she knew as Anders had clomped on board, coming up the ramp. He was the pilot, yes. Mariisa had just spoken about Eryk's wish to find bick tech, when Anders spoke up.

"We are just the scout team folks" he said as he slid his rucksack off his back and placed it to the floor. "If we find something useful and it's small enough we bring it back. If not, we get what we can, mark its location and a dedicated recovery team can collect the rest in a bigger ship." He looked around.

Mariisa wiggled her ears. No fun that. Besides, what if they find it, but then others come. That would not be good. The human Anders continued. "If even that doesn't seem like an option, we blow the tech in place to ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands." Ohh.That would not be good. Hope they find first! she thought to herself.

After that comments, things got quiet, so Mariisa turned and found herself a spot.

Later on, as Mariisa was stating out the window, as they came close to their planet, she heard the human Anders call out from the front of the ship.

"Since we don't have an exact location, I am going to do a quick aerial recon of the area." With that said he slowed the craft and brought it down low, hopefully underneath the coverage of any Nork RADAR. "Everyone be on the lookout for either Norks or the crashsite."

Fly over area? Hmmm. Her scanner was not ready. She had been working on her padd, trying to come up with a program to alter a digger scanner. She made one, similar to what a digger type scanner would be on her world. It could scan for two things. Kinda like dirt and not dirt. But a bit more than that. In this case, not dirt meant anything that was so dense that it would send back a ping to the scanner. Like rock, metal, other things that a digger could not dig through, and would need tools or equipment for. She had been thinking that if crashed ship was someplace, ship might show up as 'not dirt.' type setting. Course, not perfect. Digger usually underground. If out in open..she was not sure how accurate it would be. Still..if it was dense enough, she might be able to find, if they were close. Maybe? Oh well, hard to say. First field test, yes?

Mariisa sat near the window, peering out like the human Anders had asked, looking for anything unusual. Course who could say what was unusual on a planet one had never been to before? Mariisa slurped on some of her stimacff, as she stared at the window. She rubbed her whiskers.

TAG: Corellia Team, Xan

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Ran Ringhaven
    Aboard Nameless, on Tralus approach

The historian had looped his automatic crossbow over his back with a simple leather strap, and was dressed in a long duster coat, with a pistol slung low in a holster on his right side; Davos would've realised the man was left-handed. A number of small implements hung alongside even more pouches at his belt.

At Davos's 'question', Ringhaven smiled. It was an incongruent smile for a historian: a look of fierce desire for discovery mixed with a sudden focus that Davos might have seen on the odd resistance fighter over the years.
    "Quite," he said.

TAG: Tralus Team

OOC:

[image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cKexHq8hAXU/TtidUZyHeAI/AAAAAAAAF5c/GFyRCpiI6pk/s1600/vetn00blivetrailer_medium.jpg]

Let's do this. :D

19. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lisander Olic
    The Mines on Selonia, Cloudland Peaks

The cold was bad. Not the worst he had ever experienced, but really not the perfect environment. He drew his coat around him as tight as possible and when everybody had left the ship he punched the button and the ramp slided up again. He secured the ship and turned to Morgue."We don´t want Rakata technology to take over vour ship and leave without us, do we?" He sighed and looked around. "Formation as I told you. Antilles you take lead once we are in the ship. Let me go forst now." He nodded once more and with the map attached to his clipboard her slowly made his way into the Peaks, looking for that damned entrance that was so clearly marked on his map.

Tag: SirakRomar, tjace, Xany, Spy

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Sacorr
    Locations: Lucy?s Station / Corellia

The trap waited for her and with little note or aplomb she boarded and found a good spot to lay down and wait with closed eyes for them to be told to disembark. What discomfort came from her equipment and hugged rifle was happenstance and blurred by the agoraphobia that being in space induced.

When the call came to look out the windows for their target she had to push herself to actually get up and look out that window nearest her. The fact that she was able to look for a minute with her head whipping back and forth was an accomplishment, still stopping her head with a hand and closed eyes she pulled out a spare scope from a belt pocket and used it to steadily scan the views in the distance. Looking for ships or enemy forces signs.

[b]TAG: Xan, Corellia Team[/b]

21. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Jedi_MasterSkywalker, Penguinator-176, Saintheart, Sarge221
    Tralus: Ruins of Cadelmin

From the air, Cadelmin looked eerily like the flatpic they had been given. High duraplast panels still dotted the landscape at various places, houses and other buildings still stood, and even the communications array seemed to have escaped destruction.

Only once they were close enough to land could they see the damage.

Every single building and structure was marked by damage. Some were mere shells now, with caved-in roofs and walls reduced to mere rubble. Roads were cracked and scored by the unmistakeable burn marks left by Rakatan beam weapons. Even the communications array that had seemed unscathed from far away was clearly inoperable. It listed dangerously to one side, its supports damaged by weapons, the passage of time, and perhaps also by the large blast crater at its base.

No - not blast crater, not exactly. As they neared, they could see that it hadn't been caused by something blowing up. More like blown open.

That must be the entrance to the old Rakatan base.

The landing pad was still intact, barely two hundred metres from the comm array. Nothing bothered them as they set down - nothing even stirred, other than a cloud of dust. Cadelmin was silent and entirely abandoned.

---

Bardan_Jusik, docking_bay94, HanSolo29, Ktala, Mitth_Fisto
    Corellia: Atmosphere

The Shachihata's descent to Corellia's surface was similarly unremarked-upon. They followed the line of ships down to Coronet City, and once they were beneath radar coverage (or so Anders hoped) they broke off and flew across the planet's surface to where their target lay.

Twice, they were forced to detour around obvious settlements. The Coalition Government might be headquartered at Coronet City, and its control over the surrounding continent was solid, but the rest of Corellia subscribed to the "we'll leave you alone as long as you leave us alone" mentality and would definitely not appreciate an unknown ship buzzing their town.

A few hours of tense low-flying later, they approached their destination. The terrain was immediately recognisable. Brown rolling hills dotted by rubble and trees stubbornly clinging to life, it was not exactly what one would call a holiday destination. And there, visible from the air, was the crashed ship they had come to find.

But they were not alone. Tiny figures swarmed all over the wreck. Speeder bikes were parked nearby. Sacorr, looking out a viewport through her scope, would be able to see that they were all human, and all rather young.

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Aboard the Shachihata, Atmosphere, Corellia

The trip down to the planet had been uneventful and most everyone had kept to themselves...except for the pilot. Graf could tell as soon as the man had entered the ship that they would not get along very well. A scout team? Ha! Graf had no intentions of just "scouting" the area. He was here for the research and the discovery! If something was found down there, he sure as hell wasn't handing it over to some recovery team to handle and he most definitely wasn't allowing the bumbling fool to blow it up! This was history!

Sighing, Graf leaned his forehead against the viewport and gazed out at the terrain rushing past them below...not because the pilot had told them too, but because he was curious. How far out were they and what sort of challenges awaited them? Would there be hostiles waiting to collect the prize from under their noses? Graf smiled with anticipation as they drew closer and closer until the site finally came into full view upon the dusty landscape.

From his vantage point, it looked just like the image from the briefing - old and quite valuable. As they came in for a landing, however, Graf took note of something else that definitely wasn't there at the briefing. Scavengers, or at least, it looked liked scavengers, crawling all about the crash site with little worry or care as to what it was they were dealing with.

Savages! Graf thought as he bolted up out of his chair and threw aside the crash webbing with disgust. He started to stomp up towards the cockpit to give the pilot a piece of his mind. "I will not have the site tainted!" he announced when he finally poked his head through the hatch. "Don't you have something on this bucket to scare away those beasts? They don't know what they're dealing with!"

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Team Corellia

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    Aboard the Shachihata, Atmosphere, Corellia

As Mariisa scanned the planet surface, she took in the terrain. Brown rolling hills dotted by rubble and trees stubbornly clinging to life. And soon, they could see the ship they were looking for. But...what was that? Was there stuffing moving on it. Mariisa squinted as she saw tiny figures swarmed all over the wreck. Speeder bikes were parked nearby. Oh my, oh my. That would make things difficult. The would have to ...

Mariisa turned her head, when she heard loud noises coming from the front of the ship, and what sounded like the huamn Eryk Graf fairly yell out.. "I will not have the site tainted!" She then heard him ask, she guessed he was speaking with the other human, the pilot.. "Don't you have something on this bucket to scare away those beasts? They don't know what they're dealing with!"

Mariisa made a face at that comment, as she looked down at the tiny forms. She could not tell what they were from this height, except that they seemed to walk on two legs. Scaring something you didnt know how it would react, was not always a good thing. It could just as easily bring more. Or make them mad. She wanted to dig through her things, but she knew she didnt have anything that would make it a clearer picture. Her stuff was for close inspections, and electronics and code and things like that. She puffed out a bit of air, as she looked over the site. She was surprised, that if it had been simply just sitting out in the open like this, how it had not been picked clean already ... or destroyed. If all the neat tech inside had not been removed, they would have to be quick, before it was torn apart for valuable items. Maybe that is why it was still intact. When you live in such a poor area, unless you knew the tech, a wrecked ship was not much use to you. But still...she was surprised no one had claimed it, even as a home perhaps? Maybe thats what the beings outside had done. If that was the case, it would make things very difficult indeed. Cant land ship close, or risk creatures bothering it as well.

Mariisa made a nervous chatter sound, that was echoed by her 'family'. Maybe they could be friendly. Could always hope, yes. But again, not her problem. Her problem was to find tech. She looked at her pad, and made another face. Not useful now. But she stored the program, in case she got a chance to go to another site.

So...what we do now? Land close by? Land near rubble and walk? Park near scruffy trees? Mariisa was anxious to hear what the next plan of attack was to be. She left the window, and made her way back to the main area that she had been talking with the human earlier. She found another window to stare out of, as the ship made its survey.

TAG: Team Corellia - Bardan_Jusik, docking_bay94, HanSolo29, Mitth_Fisto

24. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Carek Thorn
    Approaching the Mines, Cloudland Peaks

Carek didn?t appreciate the cold. He enjoyed the warm a lot more than the cold, if he was offered with the choice. The space station that he had been on only a bit ago had been perfect, in his mind. So perfect, in fact, that he now remembered he hadn?t complained a bit. Like the typical doctor, he found himself complaining about things that he shouldn?t really, and was especially narrow minded about others. Sometimes he had to stop and look back on his thoughts, wondering why he had even assumed things about people. He didn?t want people assuming things about him. And seeing Morgue once again made the thought pop up in his head. She was beautiful. She was mysterious. And she was most definitely dangerous. That was all he would think about on the subject.

Carek absorbed the mountains as they walked through the cold. His coat was rather thin. Carek remembered now that he had left his jacket on the freighter that he had came in on. Disappointing for the most part, Carek would just have to suck it up. Besides, he was in the middle of everyone, so should any wind blow, he would be the most warm out of everyone.

?Wow. . .these place looks bad.? Carek mentioned as he looked from peak to peak on the mountains. ?I?ve seen worse, but still. . .?

Carek cursed himself for the stupid attempt at conversation. It was hard, he admitted to himself, talking to people. But it was life. He?d just have to suck it up and talk.

TAG: Fins, Sirak, tjace, Xany

25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Sacorr
    Corellia via the tin can without a string

Looking out she watched as the scenery changed with the flowing of the world beneath them. A final respite just out of reach. Even the thought of ice caverns sounded better than this torturous flying. If Selonians had been meant to fly, meant to encroach the deepness of space the crafters of their races would of given them wings or at the very least the ability to survive falling from such heights.

Looking through her scope she noted the site, noted the speeder bikes, and was somewhat shocked as she scanned the number of humans at the sight. E.G. seemed to be aggravated at what he mistook for common animals crawling over the ship they had come for. Standing she trailed after him into the cockpit, once his tirade ceased she decided to give her own report, after all his was in error. ?Sir, those are humans, all of them not beasts. Young are the majority if not all present. I am sorry, human ages are hard for me to gauge.? She sighed apologetically with dipped head at that truth, looking from the one human to the other. Nope, she wasn?t about to try to gauge them on the human age scales unless the security head or someone above his rank ordered her to do so. So for now, if not ever, she hoped that problem would stay cealed.

TAG: Corellia Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.