main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Costumes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Her is another progress pic of my Bly bucket

[image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/brigandarklung/IMG0003.jpg]

Finally looking like a 327th commander.

2. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Dude, nicely done!!!

3. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Dude, I love that bucket! Thanks for bringing it to the Meeting. I found that bucket to have a lot of "head room", pardon the pun. I'm thinking that might be the one that could fit Michael's (from DST) noggin. What do you think, Kyle???

I love that helmet. I was mostly impressed with the color scheme. Seeing it in the movie and in pictures is one thing, seeing it reality??? Impressive!

4. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I think it would fit over Michael's glasses, but his actual head would rattle around in it like crazy. He just needs to get "trooping glasses".

-Kyle

5. RSG-503

RSG-503 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004
    After Sunday I'm really wanting to get into costuming. I've bounced ideas back and forth on who I could pull of being. I'd love to get a Vader over time, but that's out for now. So I was thinking of Dooku, since Chris Lee is 6' 5" and I'm 6' 4" close enough lol. and I am larger in the gut (working on getting it down), but at least Dooku isn't in super fit shape. I think I might be able to pull off a fair Dooku.

What do those of you who saw me at the meeting think?

And where would be a good place to hunt for a pattern for his outfit, and cape?

-Russ

6. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    I have not seen many Dooku's.. That would a good costume. what other characters do you like for Costuming.. By the way I think that is great you want to do that. I am 40 ,and been a fan since 1977, and just recently with my Wifes blessing to do costuming. I would love to get together with more people in costume.. just waiting these 2 to 3 weeks till my costume arrives..well I am excited. I guess I will never grow out of being a Star Wars fan. Peace, Quick2 (Allan)

7. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Thanks for the compliments on the bucket. The yellow isn't quite accurate but the brownish stripe is the closest I have seen (I held the cap and finished product next to the standee and the color is almost identical), patience is a virtue. Once I get situated shop wise I will progress with the rest, I can't wait.

Russ, I think you would make a good Dooku. As for the pattern JoAnn's has some Star Wars patterns (McCall's, Butterick, etc.) but I am not sure which brand they are. I think one of them had a Dooku-ish costume in it, but again not really sure. Have you tried the costuming and props area of these boards?

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    your newest members costumes...

[image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album11/TK_me_chest.sized.jpg]
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album11/TK_Scott_I.sized.jpg]
    Me on the right, my buddy SkyRyder next to me...
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album02/DSC00387.jpg]
    Only Royal Guard with a gun
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album02/DSC00405.jpg]
    I am the middle

9. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    UPDATE: Last night, I got motivated and completed the off-white set of shoulder pieces for the Jedi costume, and today may hold the new undershirt...also located the circuit board for my saber, coming from Seattle via ebay...lots more planned to come prior to OMSI...Whoo hoo!

K

10. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    Outstanding Marshall. Great Costumes. I really have to stop online shopping. LOL. I went to Saber Vault.com and purchased an Obi Wan Kenobi Prop Replica from Episode 3 on sale for $205.00 to hang on my Jedi belt...Mike, do you know where i could get a Cheap clip? Peace , Quick2 (Allan)

11. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    I will show you the way, my brother...I'll PM ya the answer!

K

12. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Hey Mike,

Check it out (and congratz!)
    http://rebellegion.com/cos.asp?COSID=1788

-Kyle

13. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    yeah...wicked...:D

14. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    Update ....I received jedi Costume in mail and tried it on....whoa.....the gal customized to my measurements and everything fit perfect. The robe was even a perfect fit.. So all i am waiting for now is My Jedi belt from Pan in the Box. with pouches. Also my Obi wan Episode 3 Lightsaber Prop will be here next monday. My saber clip will be here by Friday....Then Picture day.. I feel like I am back in school ..LOLOLOL. Peace, Allan (quick2)

15. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Good job to Xeco, and congrats to those accepted into Rebel Legion. Can't wait to see Quick2 in costume. Yep, picture day. We should have a pic of all of us costumers to post on the OFF website.
    -Solo

16. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    Update Wednesday... I just got Belt from Singapore...Wow it looks awesome and quality is great. Also I got my saber clip.
    In the next 6 days the pouches and Saber prop will be in...thus I will see about posting pictures.... :)

17. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Yours truly is now official: I am known as TI-7279 within the glorious 501st Legion of the mighty Galactic Empire! Woo hoo!

Thanks Xeco for taking the pics that got me approved in the 501st. Don't worry, I am not going to get a swelled head and think I am better than anyone else. Although, it is nice to be a member of the global organization.

Bill
    TI-7279
    callsign, "Chef Flyboy"

18. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    Congrats Bill...I saw your profile on the 501st. Well done. Peace Allan (quick2)

19. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Now you will only hang out with 501st members, and not Dark Side Troopers:_|

20. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    I see that there are some Jedi's on the Darkside Troopers...as well as Jedi Assembly ...also The Rebel Legion....I am afraid darkside troopers may kill me with Order 66. Peace Allan (quick2)

21. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I can Smuggle you to Alderaan [face_laugh]

22. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    Yeah ..Thanks alot....Drop me off on a dust particle ..LOLOLOL :) .I can see you now..HMMMM ...I will drop Quick2 on a planet that is gone ...OHHHH the Humanity......

Hey Eric what is your price to smuggle???
    Peace, Allan (quick2)

23. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    Smuggling is a tough racquet these days....it's the THOUGHT that counts!:D
    Perhaps smuggling him to Dantooine, or Nar Shaddaa....

24. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004

You be sure to do that, Solo..... we'll get him in the end! ;-)

25. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    LOLOLOL....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.