main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Costuming/Props thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    ummmm what are the yahoo groups?.... and where could i find them? so i could get he times and places for all theis activitys>

2. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    For now, someone PM him (I don't have access to my Hotmail account from school, and Yahoo! can take a while to set up).

E1PPM

3. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I have already PM'ed Ancient_Guardian

4. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    ok, i got on the yahoo group...but i have one more qestion what kind of stuff(if i need to bring stuff) do i need tomarrow if all i need to make it my belt...if we can even do that?....so what sould i bring?

5. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Leather, lots of leather. Or, some really thick leather belts, a good razor blade to cut with.

-K

6. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    woot that was fun!...thanks for the under tunic karate....ha after 5 months i finnaly got to meat strawbary....well we sould do that agean it realy helped me out with some idea's...that and i know how to make my belt now!!!....

7. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Thanks for having us Rochester folk out! It was great to hang out with everyone this afternoon and meet some new people. :)

Can't wait until the parade! See you guys then!

8. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I would also like to say it way a lot of fun today. I got to meet some kewl people and they helped me decide to do the over sleeves on my mandalorian costume.

It was great meeting you all and I can't wait until the parade

9. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Did Matrix-Jedi get any of his armour shaped?

I am sorry about that little mix up. If you are that desperate for a stove you can alwats come down to my house and use mine.

10. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Anyone have a good site or idea of what "old" Ben Kenobi's costume looks like? I had this idea of making the ANH version of Ben's outfit. Granted I won't be all that old or anything, but I can grow my beard and call myself "youngish-in-hiding" Ben Kenobi...

Oh yeah, and a place to find ideas of how to make his ANH lightsaber too. More money to spend! Wheeee!

-K

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Didnt we see his costume at M.O.M? I will go thru my pics I think I have one somewhere ;)

12. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    hey! can someone show me where to get the designes for a cloak really quickly? i need it before saturday.

13. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    There's a ton of info out there....What kind of cloak are you looking for?

Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy has info on jedi robes.

You can poke around at Alley Cat Scratch for other styles...their focus is on Lord of the Rings costuming.

And Padawan's Guide has a lot of info on Star Wars costumes as well. Including Jedi robes and Padme's cloaks.

Hope that helps a bit!

14. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I have absolutely no experience when it comes to making sabers. And while I could probably make one of the spare-parts types, I have designs for a machined (or casted, as someone else suggested) metal saber.

[image=http://projectapocalypse.web1000.com/Scarab%20Hilt.jpg] [image=http://projectapocalypse.web1000.com/Scarab%20Sigil.jpg]

Does anyone here know who would be able to do this for me? I went to Random Sabers, willing to pay around $100 or so, but he said that the organic nature would make the price closer to $400 :S

15. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    what is it?...just looks like a blob [face_thinking]

im only jokeing :D

but if my bro didnt steal my scanner i would show you the saber desine my other bro bilt for me.

yeah you see one of my bros is a tech student at his school so he getes to use theis awsome tool things, he made mine out of aluminom and used a lazer in the tech room to burn away all the unwanted stuff to give me this awsome looking light saber

oh, and are we ever going to do anouther costuming thing?... the last one was alot of fun, i figered that we should all go to the ep. III premer togeather in ep. III outfits [face_beatup]

16. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    Well, My Mandalorian armour is complete. I have finished it. YEAH!!!!.

I will have to put it on and take some pics sop everyone can have a look. I might di that tomorrow. I will post on the yahoo when I have the pics done.

Next costume :-

Yep you guested it. Jack boot has got to me and my next costume is going to be a storm trooper. Very kewl.

What does anyone else need help with? This is the place to discuss costuming and what projects you are workingon or want to work on.

I know that jack boot is 3/4 done with his Jedi costume. It will look very kewl. We went to Tandy Leather today to get the material for his jedi belt. This belt will look FANTASTIC!!. a very dark almost black belt with silver buckle and studs. It will realy make his costume.

T%alk to you all soon and please post soon so we can organise a costume work shop.

17. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    OK Jackboot

You have to sign out on my 'puter before you leave. I just posted this under your name LOL

Well, My Mandalorian armour is complete. I have finished it. YEAH!!!!.

I will have to put it on and take some pics sop everyone can have a look. I might di that tomorrow. I will post on the yahoo when I have the pics done.

Next costume :-

Yep you guested it. Jack boot has got to me and my next costume is going to be a storm trooper. Very kewl.

What does anyone else need help with? This is the place to discuss costuming and what projects you are workingon or want to work on.

I know that jack boot is 3/4 done with his Jedi costume. It will look very kewl. We went to Tandy Leather today to get the material for his jedi belt. This belt will look FANTASTIC!!. a very dark almost black belt with silver buckle and studs. It will realy make his costume.

T%alk to you all soon and please post soon so we can organise a costume work shop.

18. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Hmm....

Well, my bro and I are getting things together for his rebel flight pilot costume.

We're going to be ordering the coveralls for his flight suit, and I still need to get things for his flak vest.

I need to redo Drogons costume at some point in time, too, though I've heard little from him on that topic lately.

19. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    Ok this is actually Jackboot!!

I have a discount card for Tandy leather now so if you need me to get you discounts on leather just let me know. I can make Jedi belts now! They are so easy but expensive for the materials.

Word of advice: Do not sew the belt! Rivets are your friends. I sewed it and it was such a pain. Ok some things are best sewn but rivets are so much better.

20. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I have a question pertaining to a chat with a freind earlier:

What's the diference between grommets and eyelets?

21. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    From what I know they both do the same thing.

But a grommet is a one piece thing that fits into a hole, they are very hard to insert into the hole. An eyelet is two pieces of metal that are forced together. This is very easy to do.

Does that answer your question?

22. NotASkyWalker

NotASkyWalker Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2004
    Hi All:

Stumbled on this forum somehow or another, and I wanted to say hello to all, and etc....

Just bought the DVD's, dig the new scenes, and have to say that they should have included more teasers, and info. for Ep3...

So...folks may feel free to reply, sound off, or whatever is done for new folks who jump in to all of this...

23. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    hey guys, im having a bit of a problem with my ep.3 Anakin costume. from looking at the pics around the net and the documentaries on the web site, i beleave that he posibly wears 2-3 variations of the same costume. hears what i think he wears.

1. in the begining of the movie it seams quite apearant that he wears the origianl outfit from ep.2 but he now has a "normal" cloak, brown undertunic, brown leather glove and belt, a new brow crinkle cotton over tunic(instead of the standard cloth over tunic), and a crinkle cotton obi, with the normal brown cloth pants and tabards with thoughs boots from ep.2

2. some where in the middle and through out the duration of the movie i have repeated documentary clips with him wearing a similar costum to before but its colors have now greatly changed. he still wears a brown cloak, undertunic,and pants but now his over tunic and obi are a black crinkle cotton, with a brown leather belt. some where he makes a new black glove, and now wheres boots identical to obiwan kenobi's but they are black too!.- (this is also the same outfit that anikin wears throw out the entire Sw ep.3 vidio game)(so i think ill make this one)

3. near the end before anikin turns to vader, he switches his costume agean but this time the entire thing is black from head to toe.( ive only found 7 pics of him wearing this costume so i think it has a little part in the movie or has bin cut from the movie)

i think that we might potentialy see 2 fights between obiwan and anikin in the film, because i have watched and looked at movies of anikin and obiwan fighting in bolth costume one and three wich makes me think that they have some conflict beween the two in teh beginning that they get over (like a precuser to the finnal fight) and then fight agean at the end when anikin is "killed". that or one of the fight seens was just a teaser

So besides all that i think i might go with one or two but im drifting more twords two, but i whant yours guys apinion on what one you think would look the coolist to wear to the premiere. but eather way im just gunna sit around untill april when the rep. 3 charater guide is released to get some positives on the colors, textures and design of some of the componets of his costume... im only going to beabule to go to the premiere once so i whant to get this right.

24. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Next time use the spoilers things-I know that my bro, for one, hates getting spoilers.

25. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    Question for you all, mostly Ian though because I know he has one. When making a Jedi Comlink, where did you buy the metal "bracket" for the front I belive it's call a solder? I have been to two or three hardware stores and no luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.