main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Costuming ... That Right Big Kid Dress Up!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm Canadian, mind tricks don't work on me!! Tim Horton donuts, on the other hand, is a different matter! ;)

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Your both idiots!

Seeing as I'm a Jedi Master and don't really care for Donuts. Neither one of you can get to me. lol As for an up date....

I have now pulled 5 buckets and should have a few more of their way. Along with the ear pieces. I will have the scopes hopefully set in the next few weeks. I will have the buckets out for the meeting and everyone can check them out. I will be posting them on email starting this coming weekend.

As for a price.... I will let you all know at the meeting. If you'd like to know before than please PM me or call. I'd rather not post a price up here.

I will also have a new Clone Mold going hopefully in the next few weeks. I will also have Mando Armor out for everyone to see as well. I will be taking orders for those as well. I have new plastic sheeting coming in next week. The order as been placed. YEAH!!

Ok than I'll see everyone Saturday!!

SeeYa,
    TK

PS> Steve.... your bucket is almost done. I will have it complete for you by the meeting I think? I have been side tracked a littl e with working on the GIANT HULK foot for Jetpack. lol Large storie. lol But it is coming out pretty good. [face_dancing]

3. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Hulf foot? Hope you aren't covered in toe jam and foot fungus. Ewww.... Thanks for all yoru help with the helmet. Let me know what your supplies cost and I'll be happy to reimburse you. I'm hoping to put together thighs and shins this week. I'm also on the lookout for some cheap, size XL, black batting gloves and a clone trooper blaster (on clearance).

Biggest pieces to finish are the belt and waist pieces... But the end is at least in sight. It's only taken 15 months so far....

4. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    LoL!!

Sorry , that was to be "HULK FOOT" it is something for Jetpacks. The town of Rochester is doing this art thing to help bring in tourest. lol It's kinda funny what they are doing. But next time you are up that way start looking a round for the big giant shoes every where. You can't miss them.

Seeya,
    TK

PS> WoW ... has it only been 15 months? lol I would have thought longer. lol

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    if we're both idiots, I guess that makes you King Idiot? 8-}

6. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    All hale the KING!!!

It's go to be KING! 8-}

If I'm the king of you guy's... this kingdom is screwed! LoL!

TK

7. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I thought you were the emperor? Regardless, you're screwed, all right....

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well we can all ways compermise....?

I like the sound of "King Emperor" ! lol

Seeya,
    TK

9. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I can't figure out my suit. Any chance you might be working on stuff Thursday? I might be able to come down. If not, maybe I'll bring the leg peices and you can help me mark them to size, then I can cut and assemble them at home.

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    That's fine I should be home most of the day. Just give me a call. Me & Brandon well be working on finishing up the Hulk Foot. I hope. lol I'll be pulling one more helmet tomorrow and doing some sanding. So I'll be here when ever.

Later,
    TK

11. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Since Z is willing to dress up as Slave Leia, does anyone have a pattern and materials list for the costume that she could work on it? Or should we use club funds to purchase a pre-made costume for use at fund-raisers?

12. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I've already sent her a website. The biggest challenge will be getting the molds done for the 'metal' parts...

13. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    Keep in mind guys that I don't have the materials or the skills to create a costume like that. I'm definitely going to need help on it. :p

14. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    Thats why we all get together, we all have different skill.

15. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, we all work as a team! You'll find that we all help each other, be it with ideas, or artistic skills, etc, whatever!

16. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    What time are we all getting together tomorrow?

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I believe that TK usually has Thursdays off, but you may want to call him just in case. I won't be there until 7-ish because of work, and last I heard Brandon was going to be there as well. Not sure about Steve and James. Hopefully SpiceSmuggler can make it too.

See ya then!

18. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's ,

We're still on for tomorrow if you guy's want? I'll be here all day. I will be working on the foot first thing in the morning to finish up the papering part. So that way it will being drying. I'd like to start over coat tomorrow and have it painted by the weekend. So we'll see.

I have two other orders in for costumes. So I'll see watch I can do to start on some stuff for you Z. We'll talk tomorrow if you come by to talk about what you are really looking for in a costume and not what everyone want you to do. ;)

K.... See whom ever tomorrow. Just give a call to see were I am.

SeeYa,
    TK

19. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Doubtful that I will be down. I have a softball game tonight from 5:30-7:30ish. It's possible that I might come down after that, but don't hold your collective breath. Have a great time working on the stinky foot!

20. SpiceSmuggler

SpiceSmuggler Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2009
    Where are you guys meeting at? TK I got your PM, I can't respond to it yet. Working on 20 posts, just don't want to post dumb stuff to make my 20.

21. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    We are meeting at TK's place, I will send you the address as soon as I can. I'm not sure what time though. I've been out of work and don't know how to contact him :p

22. SpiceSmuggler

Jun 22, 2009
    Sorry I did not make it. By the time I got all your messages it was too late for me to come out and play. LOL! I had to get up early. I was meeting with a real estate agent to look at some stores. Cause I been think of opening a Star Wars store. What do you guys think of that? I have always wanted to do this. I never seen just a Star Wars store before, mostly SI-FI/Comic book but never a Star Wars. With me selling a lot of my stuff I think it would work out great! And to start it up I already have stuff to fill it up. I would need to get like display tables-shelf stuff like that. tell me would this work? I think so.

23. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, there was a Star Wars only store in Manchester and that is where the group got it's start. The owner Rik, started it in early 2002 and ran it through 2004 when he had to shut it down. I've invited him to the July meet so if he and you can make it, you can ask him about it.

There are probably many reasons as to why it didn't go over, one being location (on Laurel St., probably could have been in a better location), and it was Star Wars specific. You might want to look at carrying other lines along with Star Wars so you can get a variety of clientele.

I think I still have pics from the store. It was great... the inside looked like the Death Star (with the lighting and archways) and was a great place to hang out.

Best of luck to you if you go ahead with it! :D

24. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Chris,

We are definatlly going ot have to meet up sometime. When we do we'll talk all about opening up a store.lol Like John was saying a Star Wars only store will not make it. Rik lasted only 2 years at the pick of the Star Wars hipe. It was hard. The location was a little off the path. But you would have to care other stuff. Just Star wars would not make it. But we can talk more.

I have a few things and conection that may help you out a bit? I'm off tomorrow. I have a BBQ to go to for the 501st. I'll be free late afternoon. We are getting together here to hang out for the night and work on some suits. Give me a call I maybe by the manchester way sometime tomorrow. Maybe we can meet.

SeeYa,
    TK

25. SpiceSmuggler

Jun 22, 2009
    Thanks but no I am all set.

THIS IS # 20 I CAN PM ALL YOU GUYS BACK NOW! Well tomorrow I got to go to bed. was in LA for the weekend. JET LAG gotta love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.