main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Anakin have beaten Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by uwishuwereme, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    I was wondering say Anakin didnt cut off Mace's hand,but maybe force pushed him and kept telling him "he must stand trial" and they fight. If they had fought do you think Anakin could have won? Im not sure if there is a thread like this but if there is please redirect me and I will gladly lock this thanks.:D Please no flames.

2. Darth-sennin

Darth-sennin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    Absolutley, Anakin would have beaten Mace similarly to how he beat Dooku. Especially since he hates Mace much more than he hated Dooku.

3. uwishuwereme

Nov 20, 2005
    If the RotS game is a reputable source It pretty much says he can beat Mace,and the RotS game was worked on by GL so i'm pretty sure he could have killed him if necessary.

4. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    There's not that much to go on because Mace is fairly inactive in the PT combat wise.

However, Yoda says that Obiwan isn't powerful enough to defeat Sidious, so he sends him after Anakin, but Mace bests Sidious in their duel (or does he?)

Based on all of that, at face value I'd have to say no, Mace would defeat him at the time of ROTS.

5. uwishuwereme

Nov 20, 2005
    I think Anakin could win, but if he did loose it would be because he would let his emotions become too much of a factor.

6. HyperLightsaber

HyperLightsaber Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2005
    Mace Windu is the pinnacle of a repulsive Jedi.

Chewbacca is Yoda's brother. Uncle Owen is Obi-Wan's brother.

7. DarthJedi06

DarthJedi06 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    This kind of duel wouldve made my day. Two extremly powerful combatants one on one, assuming sidious doesnt intervene, gotta give the edge to anakin, considering how much he hates mace. He hated the couut a whole lot a look at what happended to him. But if anakin isnt able to keep his emotions under control hes toast.

BTW whats up with all the, could anakin beat threads...?

8. MasterDevery

MasterDevery Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2005
    the fact of it is that mace dosent fight anakin, and in the video game anakin wins becasue
    1- they need to add action to the game (new foes)
    2- anakin needs to live (WHERE IS DARTH VADER)
    3- in the movie mace dies
    4- this subject is easily explained
    5- mace bested sidious, obiwan bested anakin, obiwan can beat sidious. sortof like those problems kids get in school, put these people in order:
    6- weak to strong- ANAKIN, OBIWAN, YODA, MACE
    7- sidious loses to mace but beats yoda, barely.. if only yoda kept his lightsaber.

9. uwishuwereme

Nov 20, 2005

I agree Anakin in a straightup fight with his emotions under control and focused is almost impossible to beat he is an amazing duelist,and in the mace palps duel I wasnt 2 impressed with maces fighting skills

10. MasterDevery

Nov 19, 2005
    Mace windu just to let you know is the most succesful jedi, if he wasnt turned on by anakin, he beat sidious, survived the droid, beat jango the most feared bounty hunter, injured grevous, and was about to kill the sith, did yoda kill the sith (well i me like get to the about point even [ if anakin wasnt there])

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. uwishuwereme

Nov 20, 2005
    But this also goes back to did Palps let Mace win or not,if Ani and Mace would've fought it would have been great either way.

12. MasterDevery

Nov 19, 2005
    palpatine could have lt mace win.. but palpatine still lose the battle technacly before anakin got their.. and was cornered as he said, "i told you it would come to this"... but it dosent mater, mace still is the strongest jedi..

13. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Nick Gillard says theyre both 9s, so I guess it could go either way depending on circumstances.

14. MasterDevery

Nov 19, 2005
    MACE IS BETTER END OF CONVO!! GOOD BEATS BAD!!! =D=

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    80% chance Mace wins
    20% chance Anakin wins

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Given the situation, that being another SIth Lord is present, Anakin wins 100% of the time.

Carnage

17. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    I think Anakin has the potential to beat Mace, but most probably it would end up like on Mustafar with Obi-Wan. Mace would use his greater experience and knowledge to fool Anakin into making bad decisions - then he would just have chopped Anakins legs off!

18. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    The duel between them in the game is so cool.

Mace ?I?m going to end this once & for all?

Anakin ?No you cant, he must stand trial?

Mace moves in for the kill on Palpatine, but Anakin blocks Maces blade with his own blue blade. The two test their strength in a saber lock.

Mace ?What are you doing, your betraying the jedi order?
    Anakin ?killing him is not the jedi way?
    Mace ?come to your senses he?s evil?

Anakin pushed mace back, the chosen one then picks mace up with the force & throws him into another room, Anakin follows as Mace gets back to his feet

Mace ?So be it?

The two clash with sabers at a fantastic speed, Anakin swings at Mace but misses, the resulting miss smashes a huge window.

Mace ?He?s manipulating you, can?t you see that?
    Anakin ?all I see is a Jedi trying to assassinate a politician?

Anakin kicks Mace in the chest sending Mace out of the window, Mace tumbles & lands on his feet, Anakin follows, the two powerful jedi continue to fight on the streets bellow the Chancellors office.

Anakin ?They say that you?re the best?
    Mace ?you have been tainted by the darkside, I will strike you down?

Anakins attacks grow in strength & he hacks down upon Maces saber with such force that Mace looses his footing & falls back to the floor. As Anakin moves in to finish Mace, Master Windu sweeps away Anakins legs from under him.

Mace force jumps to a landing platform just bellow the window were the injured Palpatine is still laid, Anakin gives chase.

Mace ?the darkside will destroy you Anakin?

The two clash with their sabers on the landing platform, again Anakin is to strong he scores with a kick which knocks mace to the floor.

Master Windu?s eyes look up to Palpatines office, Anakin turns to see Palpatine getting to his feet, the distraction is all Mace needs as he force pushes Anakin back into a wall.

Mace leaps up into Palpatines office & moves to kill Palpatine

?Your reign of evil is over?

Anakin again succeeds in getting between Master Windu & the chancellor.

Anakin & an exhausted Windu clash with their sabers a final time, with great speed & power neither Jedi gives ground. Eventually Anakin succeeds in batting away maces saber, Anakin spins & plunges his blue blade threw Maces chest, Anakin then Kicks Mace out of the Window.

Anakin ?What have I done?.

19. MasterDevery

Nov 19, 2005
    The reason anakin wins in the game when he verses mace is because they need an anakin, if the story line wasnt about him and it was just low skill on good skill mace would win.

If it was in the movie anakin would have won because he lives till ROTJ, but if there was no movie or story line and it was just 2 jedi fighting, then mace would of won,

HE has more skill either way (obiwan isn't stonger than mace- obiwan never defeated jango, mace did--- and obiwan defeated anakin)

The only reason he would die in a anakin fight would be to preserve the storyline

20. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    Jango's jetpack was not working when Mace killed him. If it hadn't been for Jango's jetpack Obi would have killed him just as easily on Kamino!
    And Obi-Wan didn't defeat Anakin on Mustafar because his powers were greater, but because he was calmer and wiser - tricking him with "higher ground" - I'm certain Mace could have done the same, but then again he didn't know Anakin the way Obi did.
    Anakin beat Count Dooku (whom I consider to be better than Mace in Lightsaber combat) - I'm certain he has the potential to beat Mace!

21. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    "Anakin beat Count Dooku (whom I consider to be better than Mace in Lightsaber combat) - I'm certain he has the potential to beat Mace!"

If you believe Dooku wasn't giving it 100%, but was told to lure
    Ani into using the darkside and would be arrested or sparred
    by Palps intervening [thinking of LOE here].

22. joshuavance

joshuavance Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Darth Vader on Mustafar would wax Mace Windu's skills.

Prior to dueling Sidious, Mace Windu didn't even have any experience fighting a Sith Lord. His skills relied soley on practise dueling with fellow Jedi.

Mace would fall heavily before a berserker Darth Vader.

23. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Actually, it's the complete opposite. A "berserker Darth Vader" is a dumb emotional boy who walks into traps and fights with his emotions, Obi-Wan could beat him because of this and so would Yoda or Mace.

A focused Anakin could probably take anyone in the universe, including Mace.

- O_F

24. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    "Darth Vader on Mustafar would wax Mace Windu's skills."

but Obi-Wan beat him. Are you saying Obi-Wan is more
    powerful than Mace?
    IMO it wouldn't make any difference if Mace fought Sith before
    etc.. Anakin would react out of anger and make poor choices b/c
    he's irrational so Mace would have taken him out just as Obi-Wan
    did. Anakin was hiw own worst enemy, others only needed to play
    on his weaknesses; anger, over-emotional, cockiness...

25. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    obi wan won because of vader's arrogance...that has been proved and archi proved already

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.