main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Anakin have beaten Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by uwishuwereme, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i agree is not such a far-fetched idea that dooku could beat mace..i just wanted to know..

2. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    =D= nice post! So if Anakin beat Dooku and and Dooku beat Mace that means...:-B

3. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    With as much power as Anakin has I think it's safe to say he could beat Mace. Mace himself said Anakin was arguably the most powerful Jedi alive, and Nick Gillard said he WAS the most powerful.

It would depend on what state of mind Anakin was in, and don't forget it's RARE that Anakin loses control. That only happened on Mustafar because of Padme and Obi-Wan.

4. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Anakin may have all that power but all of that power is usless for Anakin because he has not learned to use all of it by episode 3

5. Chosen_One1

May 12, 2005
    Anakin may have all that power but all of that power is usless for Anakin because he has not learned to use all of it by episode 3

He hasn't reached his potential yet but you have to remember that HALF his potential is the power of Sidious. By ROTS he has learned to control much of his power which he demonstrated when he killed Dooku.

6. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

He only beat Dooku using the dark side.

7. Chosen_One1

May 12, 2005
    He only beat Dooku using the dark side.

It doesn't matter, he demonstrated what he could do when he has control of his power.

8. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

But anakin never had control of his power, Anyone can get stronger when they use their anger,that duel was one step closer to become a sith. Obi-wan used a little of his anger against Darth Maul he was winning but he was caught off gauard he got pushed down then he realized that he needs to be calm. thats how he won.

9. Darth-sennin

Darth-sennin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    That's because Jedi aren't trained to use their anger, so it is a liability. Sith on the other hand, use anger to fuel their strength, and as we know from Obi-wan, Anakin, and Luke, that strength is immediate and explosive. I am almost possitive that Anakin could beat Mace, but ONLY if he was using the darkside. It would take Anakin years to master the light side of the force, but he conjured up the power to dominate Dooku moments after he unleashed his anger.

Btw, I'm not arguing that the darkside is stronger, just a little quicker and easier... maybe more seductive too.

EDIT: I haven't really been following this thread, but now that I've looked over the other posts, why would anyone think Mace would win? I'm sure he could hold his own, as he did against Sidious (his only high level achivement in the entire saga), but Anakin soundly defeated Count Dooku and was one lava planet away from killing the Emporer. I know power isn't everything, but Mace relies primarily on his strength and unfortunatley, he is completley outclassed in that category by the chosen one.

10. Darth-sennin

May 24, 2001
    Are you serious? I understand the better all-rounder part, as he was a jedi master, but how could Anakin not be more powerful than Mace? Anakin was the chosen one, he's the ONLY one strong enough to destroy Sidious.

"Twenty thousand! (midi-chlorian count) Not even master Yoda has a count that high." - Obi-wan in TPM.

-" I have found a vergence in the force." - Qui-gon(TPM)
    -"Around... a person?" - Mace Windu(TPM)

The force doesn't flow through Anakin, it flows into him. Anakin fights as well as a jedi master (better than most, actually) after 10 years of training, and 3 years of solo combat experiance. Obi-wan and Mace trained for their entire lives to be on that level. Even if you think Mace could win, the films clearly state that Anakin has a stronger connection to the force than ANY other character, the plot hinges on it! And I am not a fan of Anakin, he annoys me quite a bit, but the facts are the facts.

11. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Mace can be more powerful than Anakin for the same reason that Sidious and Yoda are. Because his Jedi skills are more well-polished through far greater, despite having lesser raw talent. Eventually, if Anakin hadn't been mutilated by Obi-Wan, his power would dwarf anyone else's, but to say that he has already accomplished the 200% of the Emperor's power by Episode III is absurd. If that had been true, he'd have killed Obi-Wan in five seconds, no matter how much of an advantage Obi-Wan had had by having trained him and through better self-control.

12. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    Kenobi is better with the sword? May I ask you what kind of drug you are on??? [face_talk_hand] [face_talk_hand] [face_talk_hand] [face_talk_hand] [face_talk_hand]

13. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004

You'll have to admit, MacetheCouncillor, that judging strictly from the movies Obi-Wan's swordhandling is more impressive than anything Mace does.
    Personally I would say that Mace and Obi are about the same level, but Obi's defense is stronger than that of Mace so I think he would do better in most fights (for instance I don't think that Mace could have tackled Grievous' 90 strikes a second attack as well as Obi did) :)

14. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Mace has faced Grievous before, he's the sole reason Grievous is coughing all the time - in a faceoff between them all Mace had to do was lift his hand and he crushed Grievous's chest.

- O_F

15. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    No. His swordsmanship was insufficient to match that of the Sith apprentices without being constantly on the defensive. Mace hands the Master his ass.

Grievous is a pushover compared to Mace. Mace would eat him for breakfast. You really think all these clowns are stronger than Mace? Edited. Haven't you been banned for this before?

16. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I have to agree with macethecouncillor here. Many are mistaking the element of potential and actual ability. Anakin had the potential to be much more powerful than anyone. But in ROTS he has not reached his potential... I think that had he not been suited, his potential had reached its peak in ANH... it takes time to develop your raw talent into skill and refined capabilities.

Mace had everything - he was powerful, refined, calm and experienced... Anakin was powerful, but lacked the other three... and I personally don't think he was more powerful than Mace in ROTS... Not to say that he wouldn't have become

17. Mandalore_X

Mandalore_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Anakin was holding back during most of the fight two.Read the book.

18. Darth-sennin

May 24, 2001
    Zam is not on any drug, he/she is merely trusting what he/she sees in the movie; Obi-wan has good choreography and an actor who performs it excellently, Mace has bad choreography with an actor that makes it look worse. One looks like a skilled swordsman, the other doesn't.

Obi-wan style is defensive. Everyone knows that. That's his advantage, he has an almost inpenatrable defense, he's not just going to switch styles. And you still fail to refute that Obi-wan flat out looks like a better fighter based on the choreography/performance.

19. Darth-sennin

May 24, 2001
    I concede to your argument about potential power versus actual ability. I mistook what many were saying. I still however believe that Anakin was stronger in ROTS. I think, with his use of the darkside, he would have been strong enough to destroy the Emporer not long after the end of ROTS.

I would also like to add that Mace was not that calm or refined. He very quickly switched from arresting to officer to executioner when provoked by Palpatine.

20. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    Mace the Councillor, i don't know why you think Mace is so much more bada$$ than Obi-Wan, meaning i have to be on drugs to think Kenobi could take him out, he could. Mace has done nothing, took out Jango after he got run over, had 1 gun, and no jet pack,=D= . In ROTS Palps was not trying to kill him, if he could have given Yoda all he could handle and more he could have taken out Mace. Kenobi fought everybody, and withstood Anakin's onslaught. Anakin on the other by ROTS with the saber was pretty unmatched, not as powerful in the force as DS and Yoda, but in swordfight he could have beat Mace just as he did to Dooku, no problem. Nobody could overpower Anakin in a lightsaber fight, and he would have not had the emotions about fighting Mace, considering Mace talked to him like a 2 year old, as he did in fighting his only real friend, Kenobi.

21. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    I was just reading through this whole thread and was more intrigued by the shear nature of the Force and this post touches on it.

The Darkside is not stronger than the Lightside.

LUKE: Is the Darside Stronger?
    YODA: No. Quicker, Easier, more seductive.
    LUKE: But how will I know the good from the bad?
    YODA: You will know. When you are calm, at ease...

This explains why you can be so potent a darkside user at a relatively early stage. You simply give into your emotions.
    Yoda explains it all.

Think of what he tells Anakin in ROTS

YODA: You must learn to let go of those you care about (paraphrased quote - refering to death and Ani's dreams)

Now look to ESB

LUKE: So, I should just sacrifice my friends?!
    YODA: Yes. If you honor what they fight for.

Emotions = bad --> If you can't control them. They lead to the darkside.
    Fear-> Anger -> Hate -> Suffering

All this being said Anakin could have beaten Mace one on one if he used the Darkside. Meaning Sith vs. Jedi.

If it were a Jedi vs. Jedi fight, it would take Anakin several years to build up the Jedi skill to defeat Mace.

22. Hypernova

Hypernova Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Anakin could have beaten Mace but he would need the darkside.

If he fought as a Jedi, he would need some more years to build up his power level.

23. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    No no no! We should see the films! That is what the forum rules say! You should only supplement with books, EU and so forth!

The films do not show Anakin holding back during most of the fight! Where exactly is that shown? is it shown when Dooku kicks Anakin AND at the same time tossing OBW like a rag doll? Let's not forget that OBW is no pushover, he did defeat Anakin.

I think rather, according to the movies, Dooku was holding back!

24. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Don't you think that Mace realized that he didn't have much choice? He was in the midst of battle, and he did what he thought necessary - which I think, even in hindsight, was not necessarily the wrong move.

As for Mace, I think he was more powerful than Anakin. I doubt if Anakin could overpower Palpatine in ROTS... give him one more year and definetly... but he was in a transition fase - giving in to the dark side, and being able to control his powers... such transition fases take time, and they disturb a character.

25. Mandalore_X

Mandalore_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Lucas line edited the novelization.It holds more water than what you think.Be cause it is what Lucas thinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.