main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Could Qui Gon make an appearance in the Sequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darth_mccartney, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    What do you think? Should they try and work him into the story or should they just leave him be?

We know force ghosts will be around, and no doubt we'll see Yoda's, but it would be nice to see Qui Gon again, as I feel he could and should have played a bigger part in the PT. Neeson's a good actor that put in an awesome performance, but having him actually appear on screen in only 1 of an eventual 9 movies is a massive shame.

So do we want Master Qui Gon back...?! :)

2. LANDOROCKS

LANDOROCKS Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    I don't think so, Yoda as a force ghost is very likely IMO.

3. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Liam Neeson is still alive, the character is dead, Force Ghosts exist, so why the hell not.

As mentioned in another thread, the all-but-deleted scenes & references involving Qui-Gon in ROTS are what little remains of anything that could possibly connect both PT & OT to this new trilogy.

4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    "Luuuuuuke! I am the ghost of the guy that trained the guy that trained your father!"

Random Comments and Yunners like this.
  5. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Just saw this tweet from Ewan McGregor. Awesome

Ewan McGregor@mcgregor_ewan
    Wonder if they will need any Obi-Wan Hologram action??! #ep7 #donthecloakagain #thesearentthedroidsyourlookingfor #movealongmovealong

darth_mccartney likes this.
  6. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    I wouldn't have thought there is any chance of a ghostly appearance by Qui-Gon in Episode VIII. He wouldn't be directly connected to any surviving characters from the OT era and if he was going to show from a story line perspective he would have shown up between A New Hope and Jedi... not however long down the line the new movie may be.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  7. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Bringing back Ewan's Obi-Wan via hologram and Hayden as a Force Ghost would give me goosebumps. Qui-Gon would be cool, but I think Anakin speaking to an aged Luke would be amazing. Plus, it would give a lot more weight to Hayden's ROTJ addition.

8. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I would rather have mace windu's ghost than Qui-gon.

9. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Ewan's last tweet is awesome. Shows he doesn't think it's such a bad idea and I would in no way complain if they wanted to make him up to look as much like OLD Obi Wan as possible and play Obi Wan's ghost. It would be very appropriate!

Valairy Scot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.