main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Current Tv shows, DVDs, and other things I like to let people know about.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Notclown-Joker, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I thought that it was about time to give DVDs and Tv shows their time in the sun. Our Coupon & movie thread is one of my favs, so this is kinda of an offshoot. To celebrate my first Non-nube thread I thought I would give some TV show DVD release date and info:

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. starring Bruce Campbell
    (kinda of an old west Indiana Jones with slight Sci-fi)
    Release Date: July 18th Tentive Cost: $99.98 (28 hours of TV not including Special Features.)

Animaniacs Vol. 1:
    (if I need to describe this show, you need help. . . I'm not joking. . . Serious Help.)
    Release Date: July 25th Tentive Cost: $44.98 (25 eps here)

This one's for Susan:
    Pinky and the Brain Vol. 1:
    ("One is a genius, the other insane")
    Release Date: July 25th Tentive Cost: $44.98 (22 eps)

Ok I know it's a marathon thread but, here some slight tidbits:
    Also in July there are rumors of Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno Incredible Hulk, and Battlestar might be seeing full second season release in September or even August(depends on when the new season will premere(there are rumors NBC might start showing it before Sci-fi, like family Guy on Fox and Cartoon Network))
    This Thread is now my half human/half Cylon baby so be gentle and please be nuturing in this time of growth.

Thanks[face_hypnotized]

2. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    I couldn't wait to post more:
    Teachers on NBC: easily one of the worst Sitcoms I've ever seen. Shows I love that currently air: Battlestar Galatica on Sci-fi, The Office on NBC(I met Pam and she's super nice), The Daily Show, and Colbert Report on Comedy Central.
    Now to post in the movies thread.
    Bye

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Nice thread idea.

Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain?? SWEET. That goes on want-list.

Wouldn't mind seeing the full BSG Season Two sooner, but oh well.

Any idea when the soundtrack to Season Two of BSG is coming out?

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I hope they do a season two soundtrack for BSG, but I have my doubts. The first two soundtracks rock though, especially "Wander My Friends".

5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    The soundtrack for Season Two was the best out of all of the seasons, IMO. They HAVE to have a CD for it!

6. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    Naaaaaaaarrrrrrrfffffffff.......... =P~

7. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I watched Teachers the other night as well. It definitely will not make it. I'm guessing maybe one season, if that.

<<<<<(EDIT: What happened to our Icons?)

On the other hand, The Office and My name is Earl have become the two shows I can't miss. I used to work with a Dwight clone.

Haven't seen Battlestar Galactica.

I catch the Daily Show and Colbert Report a few times a week. Love Stewart and Colbert!

I'm still also watching South Park and Family Guy. Yes, I love juvenile, obnoxious cartoons!

Since Max gets up between 5 and 6 every morning, I've also been catching on my episodes on the Super Globetrotters. Anybody remember that one? Man that cartoon was/is ridiculously horrible. It's like watching a train wreck, you can't look away.

8. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    Here are some trailers for some of the DVD releases I posted earlier:
    http://www.totaleclips.com/player/Splash.aspx?custid=235&clipid=e26926&playerid=65&affiliateid=-1

I'm not sure if this will work so it might need some edits bear with me
    just one trailer for two releases but it works!
    Enjoy

9. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    Voltron in December!
    They say 8 releases with 15 eps per release starting in September.
    "Form blazing sword!"

10. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    The released a date for the Incredible Hulk: July 18th and the it includes the pilot movie with commentary by Kenneth Johnston(the shows creator) and an interview with Lou Ferrigno. This is my Fav Superhero ever. Despite the fact that Batman: TAS is vastly superior as is Justice League Unlimited, I grew up watching that show and loved every minute of it.

Also did anyone catch the fake "The more you know" Promo spots on the Office last night. Dwight's was so funny I thought I was gonna cry.

11. Admiral_Dajuan

Admiral_Dajuan Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2005
    I thought the Hulk was out a long time ago.

12. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    They released a big best box set that I still think was a mistake. They did that just to cash in on the movie being released. Awful, awful, movie.

13. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    That one and the office relationship one - brilliant.

14. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    JAG Season i is to be out in June
    Rescue Me II will be out on May 2
    NCIS Season I is also to be out June 2

15. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    On the 25th of this month the first volume of Inspector Gadget will be released. If you are a fan of DIC(animation studio that made IG) checkout volume 1 of Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats A.K.A. Cats and Co. Its already out and has some kinda fun extras.

Edit: All the Office fake PSAs are on their website here http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/
    There are much more than what aired on Thursday.

16. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    Does anyone knoew when MASK, Littles, D&D and G I Joe are being released by DIC?

17. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    A company I can't remeber the name of just aquired the rights to all of those shows with the exception of Gi Joe and is planning to release them as soon as possible. They just got the rights to the entire run so I might say early next year. That's just a guess.

18. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    that is so great NotClown_Joker. I saw that on a DVD website. MAn let the "way back" transport machine begin.

19. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
  20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yes!! I knew I shouldn't buy the DVD that is out now. They always do that: put out a movie on DVD, then a few months later a special edition.

21. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    In this case, there are already two - this will be the third. On a similar note, I just saw that there is a 3-4 disc King Kong DVD set in the works, so if you haven't bought it yet you may want to hold out for the better version.

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Thanks for the info, I was thinking about getting that.

23. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Excellent! I love Princess Bride. King Kong was good but dragged on forever on several scenes that seemed to just be there for the CGI.

24. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I love "My Name is Earl" as does my entire family. We have the first ten episodes (I believe) on dvd. I don't have a dvd burner, but would willing to let you borrow them.

25. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    I loved Princess Bride is there a release date as of yet for the new one? I may have to pawn my older copies of the movies I have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.