main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CV Exclusives

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by echo-3, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Pictures of new CV shirts.
    [image=http://lh4.ggpht.com/_S-3ycvcP7e8/S8uK5ayTu6I/AAAAAAAAGvI/Fx506cosPPw/s800/C2E2CVPic2.jpg]

[image=http://lh4.ggpht.com/_S-3ycvcP7e8/S8uK5rtiMJI/AAAAAAAAGvM/Jb-nqxDKDhU/s800/C2E2CVPic3.jpg]

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    My husband will kill me but I so want those I love you and I know shirts for the both of us lol

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Me and the hubby are def. going to get those t-shirts. I LOVE them! Hehehehe!

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I love them! They are definitely going on my shopping list.

5. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I had to do an eyeroll and a bit of a groan for the cheese factor, but they are cool shirts.

I'm sure they will be a hot seller. I predict many wives/girlfriends will see these and be like "honey, we need those!"

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Sansweet said this weekend that some of the shirts will go up for sale "soon".

7. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    I already talked my husband into buying those. Love them! [face_love]

8. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    This may be a little off topic, but what exclusives should we expect? This is my first C, and I wondered what all I should expect to be offered.

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    There is going to be at least two action figures, then there are usually different t-shirts, pins, other small things. I think usually companies like Gentle Giant also have their own exclusives.

10. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Your wallet is gonna be in for a serious workout at a Celebration. :)

Check out the RS CIV Survival Guide at the link below, and be sure to keep an eye out for the CV edition coming soon!

http://www.rebelscum.com/prec4.asp

(EDIT - Spelling error)

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    The main Convention T-shirt is UP for Pre-order NOW!
    Check your e-mails for a link from CV.
    $25 each with a limit of 5 and they will ship before CV.

Edit: 2:48 pm edt- I just tried to order the shirts and the link takes you to buy Tickets, No shirts.
    This is what it says.

unisex Celebration V Logo T-Shirt*
    Pre-Order Exclusive!
    $25 ea/ limit 5 per person

PICK UP DETAILS: This pre-order exclusive will be shipped to you in advance of Celebration V. International orders will not mail and must be picked up onsite at the Official Celebration Show Store. A shipping fee of $4.99 will automatically be applied to US orders.

*Please note: US orders will begin mailing on July 25, please allow 7-10 business days for arrival. This t-shirt will not be sold onsite at Celebration V. Don't wait!

The other one ( Boba on a jet ski ) is a pre-order but you WILL pick it up at the show.

UPDATE # 2
    There are currently experiencing technical difficulty with there web site. Dint see that coming!
    The operator I spoke with said it should be fix soon.

Update # 3
    I finaly gave them a call and order it over the phone. Not sure when the web site will be fixed.

12. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Just ordered mine over the phone. :D

Very helpful at Reed. Called me back in less than 30 minutes and took my order.

Good luck everyone.

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm not sure how I feel about the official shirt being available only by pre-order, but oh well.

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I had to call them too. Got both though.

15. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    It doesn't actually say that this is the official shirt though (unless I missed something). This is just a shirt with the logos on it. I'm sure they'll have plenty of options available once you get there.

Interesting though that it doesn't ship until at least July 25 and can take 7-10 business days. That means it could be cutting it close for people who want to actually have the shirt when they go to the show.

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thought the exact same thing when I saw that date.

17. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    If this is an indication of how much things will be a CV, I think I will be passing on a great many things.

18. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Times have changed. It's rare to find a decent t-shirt for less than $20 anywhere, especially at an exclusive event like this. You could almost compare it to a concert t-shirt, and those are usually even more than $25.

I'm sure there will be items for all price ranges though.

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Agreed. Given the overall lackluster quality & design (and extremely small sizing) of the apparel at CIV, I'd have no problem with a higher price point for the apparel at CV if improvements are made across the board.

20. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    A lot of people are already complaining about the Shirts in either price or qlty. I mean come on guys what do you expect?
    I think the shirts that we have seen are good and as for the price, $25.00 is not bad. Its not like its a Walmart qty shirt.
    And if you went to a sporting event or to a concert you most likely would pay more for a shirt there. I paid $25.00 for the official CII shirt in ,what 02 and It still wares good today some eight years later. If you are already complaining about the cost ,I can bet your not going to enjoy the Celebration experience at all. Just take it as it comes.Just my two cents.

21. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Shirts are available to order online now. Using previous email confirm, you can click on change order and add the shirts.
    I think the prices are too high compared to the cost of making them, but as everyone has said, concerts and events overprice the merchandise. I like the logo t-shirt and probably would have paid $25.00 at the convention for it.

22. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    The price of the shirt is fine. Just yesterday I paid 32$ for a ESB t-shirt. But, all I was saying was, if this shirt is 25$, then other things are going to be unobtainable for some. And, I'm pretty sure you can have a good time without having spend a lot of money while you are there (I've never been: I could be wrong). But, after spending 6k just in preparation of going, I can bet I will be passing on many things.

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If nothing else, this is a good business strategy on their part to boost ticket sales for the con, since you have to buy one in order to purchase the goods.

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    The other Four have gone up on Starwars.com to VIEW. Much better pictures then was available from C2E2.
    The Hoth one is ok but Im passing on it as well as the other ones. I like the cartoon concept of the "I love you" and "I know" shirt ,but that also would get me heckled to no end if I wore them to work.

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Pass on these four designs for me as well.

But I did preorder the official CV logo and Fett Jet Ski shirts though for my wife and I. We like those designs quite a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.