main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI CVI "As You Wish" Charity Art Helmet Project

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediJustin, Sep 28, 2011.

1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/LP/Whats-Happening/As-You-Wish/

The art of trooping will once again reach new heights as an all-volunteer team of fans and artists present the ?As You Wish? charity art helmet project at Star Wars Celebration VI, August 23-16 in Orlando, Florida.

Many will remember that at Celebration V in 2010, over 50 one-of-a-kind, customized stormtrooper helmets were auctioned off to raise over $65,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Building on the tremendous success of that event, the Dented Helmet costuming group and the 501st Legion, with support from eFx are presenting Boba Fett and clone trooper helmets to talented artists and studios to be re-imagined.

The helmets, once completed, will be on display at Celebration VI, then auctioned off by Make-A-Wish online after the show, with all proceeds going to support their programs that help critically ill kids and their families. Art Andrews from The Dented Helmet, and Chris Romines from the 501st are heading up the effort.

?Some of the artists involved in this project include Joe Johnston (the original designer/painter for Boba Fett and the director of Captain America); Weta Workshop (New Zealand FX Studio: Lord of the Rings and District 9); and Jim Lee (DC Comic Artist),? says Andrews.

Fans and art collectors can follow the project over the next year, including artist interviews and progress reports, at
    http://www.facebook.com/asyouwishproj

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Muh...

3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Here is something I never understood. People who are so apathetic about something actually bother to take the time and energy to post a reply to let people know how apathetic they are to the current topic. I wish more of these people who take their mothers advice and if they don't have anything worthwhile to say... ST*U.

That said, I for one think this is a wonderful project. I enjoyed the last two, Vader and Stormtrooper projects. I thought the design and artistry of these helmets were very creative and I can't wait to see what these new ones are going to look like. Are there going to be new artists for this project or are there going to be both old and new.

4. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Very cool. So glad they are doing this again. I got one of the TK helmets last year. That was probably my 2nd biggest highlight of CV.

5. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I missed out on the helmets last year at CV but I won't miss it again at CVI.

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I thought this was a Princess Bride project based on the title.

7. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Sure its a great idea/project,
    Im just done with it as I have seen it at the last couple of Celebrations. So TO ME its old news . You can only so many helments with crazy designs so many times.

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It's always fun seeing what people come up with, though. As I'm friends with Mr. Romines and spent some time helping out with the TK project, I was more amused by the number of celebrities that were bummed they weren't asked to do it. [face_laugh]

9. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    If you are so bored with it then why did you even bother to reply? You could just have easily have said "muh" to yourself and then "move along, move along".

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    So Im not entitled to say what I feel? I simply stated what I think about it.

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Boys, chill.

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Just a Mod reminder to add this under "Con Events" in the CVI Forum Index thread.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Not even a "please?" :p

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Pretty please? ;)

15. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Good afternoon,

The 501st's contribution to the "As You Wish" SW CVI Helmet Charity Helmet Project will be based on the Phase I Clone Trooper helmet, donated by eFx Collectibles.

Using a Clone Trooper helmet and Vader's face plate as a base, my piece will be a recreation of HR Giger's Alien as constructed from parts of the Star Wars Universe.
    [image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7189/6979892965_df51888b7a_z.jpg] [image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7022/6771172515_c34e688090_z.jpg] [image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6865379329_182b311f7b_z.jpg]
    I am currently wrapping up construction on the maquette that is serving as my a guide as I produce the final full-sized piece.

Be sure to visit our project page;
    "As You Wish Project" on Facebook

To keep up with progress on my contribution visit;
    HRG Trooper Progress Gallery

Be well,
    Thomas