main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dance to the Sound your Heart Makes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Daphne, Jul 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Yes, I know - the last thing I need to do is start another story. However, since I have a month of vacation and nothing and no one *sniffle sniffle* to keep me away from the computer, and no gumption to start in on any *serious* writing, I couldn't resist.

~Unlike two of the stories I'm writing right now, I shouldn't be getting any death threats from this one.~

This will be a pre TPM story featuring Obi-Wan.

First post will be tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch for reading all my stories.

Daphne

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    No death threats from me, Daphne.

But if you don't post soon I will set Simeon Cates and his toes on you!

3. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    any Obi torture in this one???

Looking forward to the first post.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Another Daphne story? Gee, between you and Jemmiah and your multiple stories you keep me in JA heaven.

Hurry, I'm anxious to read!!!

5. Araviah

Araviah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2000
    Yahhhooooo!~ lol-
    (for u who are wondering..that ISN"T a death threat..)
    *See you I do. Kick your butt I will.*
    Araviah-

6. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Qui-Gon surveyed the scene was pleasure. For once, the mission had gone well. For once, his padawan was still in one piece. For once, his lightsaber had remained clipped to his belt.

The self satisfied grin had settled just above his beard sometime after the treaty had been signed and had spread to the delegates the moment the ink was dry.

The ballroom glittered brightly and the music kept time as reverlers danced. Lifting another glass of Alderaanian wine from the tray of a passing waitor, Qui-Gon let his mind drift to the only part of his conscience which wasn't entirely pleased. That was the part of his mind that had ordered his padawan to stay with the ship.

The Jedi did feel a tiny bit guilty, but after all. Someone like Obi-Wan wouldn't mind missing the alcohol and women gathered 'round the palace, and he had done it to keep the boy safe.

Shaking away his doubts, Qui-Gon downed the rest of the glass before extending a hand to woman nearby and leading her out to the dance floor.

7. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    oh oh what did obi do now or who is mad at him?

I guess i'll have to wait and find out

8. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Oh goody, another one!!!!

Thanks Daphne!

9. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan stared at the sky. Mentally ticking off the names of Orials 12 moons as each passed overhead. Leaning back against the shuttle's ramp, legs extended across the red earth, Obi-Wan was more than happy to be free of diplomats and official functions.

Every moment of the mission had been consumed with diplomatic details. Now that it was over, the opportunity to avoid the whole ordeal had been presented by his master, and the boy was delighted. It would have been perfect if he hadn't known the reason for his exclusion tonight, but that was a matter which could be ignored in the right frame of mind.

*Of course, Master Jinn is just trying to protect me. I know he wouldn't imply something like that just to get rid of me. Would he?*

Shaking away the thought like an unpleasant insect, Obi-Wan resumed his skywatching. Wracking his brain for the name of the 11th moon, Obi-Wan almost missed the soft sound of the approaching figure. Almost.

Rising quickly and dusting off his pants, Obi-Wan was the picture of dignity when the figure paused before him. "Jedi Kenobi. I was surprised when you didn't appear at the ball."

Smiling wordlessly, Obi-Wan surveyed the boy. Close to his age - not more than 18, rich clothes, and dark features. It did not take much to conclude that this was Krennick Orial. Bowing lightly to the Viceroy's heir, Obi-Wan waited for the boy to speak.

*He has a point, and I wish he would make it.*

10. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Great beginning !!!

11. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan engaged in a brief staring contest with the boy. Apparently the Viceroy's son realized the futility of testing his resolve against that of a Jedi, for her began to talk.

"Jedi Kenobi, forgive my lack of manners. I am Krennick Allison, heir to the Viceroy." Acknowledging the other's introduction, the Jedi bowed slightly and motioned for Krennick to continue. "My father had decided to resign on my 18th birthday. I have been assembling a Council. I have been impressed by your skills during this conference. Orial will need strong diplomats if we are to remain at peace."

Krennich gazed at the Jedi. If he hoped the other would graps his meaning and free him from the obligations of asking, he had underestimated the Jedi. Obi-Wan did indeed understand what was coming, but he had no intention of giving up his advantage.

Speaking again, Krennick drew himself up to full height, as if to bring both bearing and privledge to play in his request. "I wish for you to take part in my Council. You would of course have to remain on planet, but I could offer you a chance to control policy throughout the sector. As a Jedi you wish to eliminate suffering and bring peace - now you can control it."

Hiding his shock, for the request was more than the Jedi had either sensed or imagined, he reached out into the Force.

//Master. I need you.//

12. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Keep going, this is good!...........

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Excellent Daphne, as expected. I love how Obi-Wan calls to his master. Now my question is what happens if our dear boy says no? Torture, angst?

14. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    I'm not quite ready to post the next chunk of story, but I do have to confess that this is going to be shameless Obi-torture. What you've read so far is just so no one can call it plotless Obi-torture. *A plot there is.*

BTW, I have been studying some of the *many* Obi-tortures on this board, and I would like to think I've come up with some unique ones. :)

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    A new form of Obi-torture? Now your guaranteed of fanatical readers. Hurry, we're waiting for our imaginations to be stirred.

16. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

I'm a sucker for ObiTorture, so bring it on!

aa :D

17. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Me too!!! I'll be eagerly looking for this!!!

18. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    *How did I get here?* Fighting through a haze pink sparklies, Obi-Wan wondered if he might have taken one too many to the head, before noticing that it wasn't his mind that was pink, it was the walls.

Groaning he reached for his head, trying to subdue his throbbing headache, only to realize that his arms wouldn't move. Focusing on his feet, Obi-Wan realized that he was standing up. *Why do I think that's a bad sign?*

Turning his head, trying to ignore the stabbing pain that started in his jaw and ended somewhere in the back of his head, he saw the reason his arms wouldn't move. Two very sturdy looking iron bars. *With handcuffs. Always has to be handcuffs.*

Groggily, Obi-Wan remembered the troops that had materialized from behind force shields within the forest. *Why couldn't I have just said yes, and ran for it in the morning?*

Instead he hadn't just said 'no', he had said 'sith no' - the young prince had acted accordingly.

Hoping his master had heard his call, he allowed himself to drift from reality.

"I told you I would get the Jedi to stay, and I will."

"To stay willingly, Krennick, to stay willingly."

"He will stay when I am through. He just needs a bit of... persuation."

"Just remember, if he leaves, or you kill him, I win the bet."

"You won't win. I have no intention of parting with a million credits so easily."

"We'll see. We'll see."

19. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    woo-hoo, the obi-torture begins!

20. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    The bright light bored through his eyelids, forcing him towards consciousness. He was helped along the way by the sharp stabbing pain and the sensation of vertigo that he just couldn't quite skake.

"You're awake I see."

Mentally prying his eyes open, he stared at the wizened old man standing in front of him. "Come come now. I won't hurt you. Master Krennick saves that for himself. I'm supposed to feed you."

The incongruity of *the master will torture you but I brought dinner* was almost enough to make his laugh. Almost.

"And why should I trust you?"

Shrugging the old man lifted several sets of chains from the table before moving a number of platters from a cart and laying them out.

"You shouldn't, most likely, but you will."

Shuffling over to him, the old man unlocked the handcuffs, and stodd back as the Jedi tumbled to the ground. "You'll have to get up, ya know."

"Uh-huh. And how would you suggest I do that?"

*I shouldn't have asked.* The next sensation was of being tossed over the other man's shoulder, and plunked down into a chair.

"Eat now. Die later."

21. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Excellent start Daphne!!! Poor Obi, we all get so darn excited at the prospect of the sweety getting the poo-doo beat out of him.

Just what is Qui doing, I hope he feels sufficiently guilty for leaving Obi behind. Qui-Gon is at his best when he feels guilty for Obi-Wans fate!

Remember the mantra of the JA-Aholic....
    Post soon post often!!!!

22. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Oh, really getting interesting now! Obi with handcuffs on........ (slaps self a couple of times), I mean poor Obi-Wan being tortured again! (Sorry, still drooling.......)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.