main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Daniel Logan (Boba Fett) and Ray Park (Darth Maul) in Sandy and Salt Lake City March 20-21

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by FDC1, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FDC1

FDC1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    Daniel Logan (Boba Fett, Star Wars - Episode II) and Ray Park (Darth Maul, Star Wars - Episode I) will be doing a public signing on March 20th & 21st in Utah. Here is a link to the site:

Celebrity Autograph Expo

And here is the URL:

http://www.entertainmentlegends.com/CelebrityAutographExpo.html

There will also be from "Harry Potter":
    James & Oliver Phelps (Fred & George Weasley)
    Devon Murray (Seamus Finnigan)
    Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom)

From "The Lord of the Rings":
    Sala Baker (Sauron)

Here are the details:

March 20th:
    Jordan Commons
    9400 South State St.
    Sandy, UT 84070
    801-304-4550
    Appearing: 10AM-6PM

March 21st:
    MegaPlex 12 Theatres at Gateway
    165 S. Rio Grande St.
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101
    801-304-4550
    Appearing: 12 Noon-5PM

2. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    This good be fun........If I wasn't already busy!!!! :mad:

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Our good friend John will be there. For those of you who were at the Trivia night and the Daniel Logan night, John was there.

I think this would be a fun event for our group to participate in.

4. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I might be able to get you to the front of the line...if I'm not in Savannah...

5. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Do you think I can get Daniel to sign my item again? ;)
    Or perhapes Ray Park would be up for it :D

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    *crosses fingers that Pounce isn't in Savannah*

Wait, it's in the morning? :eek:

7. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    I would actually make it a point to be there.

8. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    Wait. FDC? I know those initials! Ha! Cute avatar!

*winks*

9. mini_pounce

mini_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2002
    Pouncy said ~ Wait. FDC? I know those initials! Ha! Cute avatar!

*winks* ~

I say- uh.. Fred... Don... Carlson? yeah! Good ol' Freddy. Long time no see my man!! s'Goin On??

(Pssst... where's the 'quote' button on this site? I had to improvise :D )

10. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    I'm still lost as to who's initials those are :p

11. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    Alrighty...it has been requested that Auts and I join Mr. Park and Mr. Logan at the signature table to help promote the SLC FF chapter. I was thinking we might want to make up some cards to give out to those interested with the web addy for the group on them. Does anybody here have software that can do that already? If not I'll try to hunt some down. I was also thinking it might be good to have some pics of past events on a bulletin board or in a photo album or sumthin. What do y'all think? Anybody have any brilliant ideas?

12. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    I have some software to do that. We can make the photocopies on cardstock...how many copies would you want?
    I have copies of the past activities from January and Febuary, aswell as the Vader Tree. Let me know if you want me to email them do you, or just bring them up (I work in Sandy so I'm already half way to your place).

edit: How many cards would you like made up? When you say cards were you thinking business card size or postcard size? because I can make them either way. Also, would black and white be ok or do you want color. B&W will be less expensive to have copied...even though color is way nifty. What specific things would you like to have be put on there? I have some ideas...ie: Our banner name (d'uh), the link to our thread here at the tf.n, and maybe a link to the future home of the SLCFF (thanks Derek!), ways to contact us, events that we have particapated in, etc. Just to make sure that nothing is left out I want to know what Mary and Amy would like to see on there (PM me please) and then if anyone else has any brillent ideas PM me.

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I don't get to sit at the table? :(

The cards will be cool. My sister has the program and she wants me to play on her 'cool' computer, it's not as cool as mine but yeah, no one's is. :D

14. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    I don't know how many copies we'll need. How many do you think we'll hand out? 100 maybe? 200? I'm clueless.

I say we have the name of the group and the web address. I don't see that we would need much more than that on a business card size card... Except maybe Mary's email addy. *snickers*

O, do you have copies of the pics printed out already...or are they on hard disk? I don't have much room in my yahoo email account so I'm not sure if they would all come through or not.

Thanks for the help and input, guys!

Amy

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    We do have a fanforce e-mail address. That would be good to have put on there. You can put my name on there as well.

I think business card would be a nice size. Easier to hand out and easier to carry around.

I think the link here would be a bit much to type out. Put in the slcff.com part of it and the e-mail address as well. That way it's easier to remember.

I'd say 100 for now. I know there will be 3 other fan groups there, so I don't think they'll want our cards but there might be others there that will want them. yeah, I'd say 100 is a good number for now. We can see how far they go.

16. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    okay, I'll do up 100. I am going to put the address for the boards because the slc.ff isn't working yet (I'll put it on aswell though) and we don't want traffic to a site that is dead. I'll have the email aswell so if they want to contact the FF they can (what is that email?).

17. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    Good point, Divi. Sounds like a plan.

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    why not just put the e-mail address then? along with the slcff.com. That way they can ask whatever questions they have about the group in the e-mail and I can link the address to the boards in the e-mail?

19. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Because having the link to the boards lets them come and look at the group without having to make any kind of commitment (and writing an email requesting info is a commitment). If they email you then go ahead and include the link aswell.

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Nevermind.

21. Luckyshot01

Luckyshot01 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2004
    ONDIV,

If marold is in charage and she wants the cards to say something, why do you keep argueing with her? I know im new, but i have been reading all the posts and its seems like you like to argue and contradict her alot...i think that if you give them the address to the site sure some of them will not sign up but if they really do love SW then they will sign up and those are the kinds of people we want anyway...right?
    But i think the address is a litle long for a Business Card so i like Marold's idea of just givnig it to them in email bc the address is kinda long to type in and also if they are really interested they will take the time to email.
    ~Lucky~

22. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    one way or another SLCFF.com will be up by the end of the weekend.
    so go ahead and put it on the business cards.

---sig---

"tex is a robot... and you are his boyfriend... That makes you a ... gay robot?! .. Yeah!!! a gay robot!" --- redvsblue

23. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    *thinks as how to handle Lucky's comment*

Gee, do I smell a troll? Me and my degree in Business Advertising sure do!

In the future Lucky, don't confuse arguing with different opinions; you know what assuming does.

The link to www.slcff.com will be on the card, as will the link to the boards (and that is because even though Frio has done a great job with the website there isn't alot of info on there yet), as well as the email so that they can get in contact with Marold.

Also, why don't you point out where I've argued with Marold. Don't accuse me of doing something that I haven't done. If anything, I'm arguing with you.

24. Luckyshot01

Luckyshot01 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2004
    Thank you for calling me that but i actually was not trying to start a fight i was just asking. But i will defend myself.

Example 1:

Marold said: why not just put the e-mail address then? along with the slcff.com. That way they can ask whatever questions they have about the group in the e-mail and I can link the address to the boards in the e-mail?

You said: Because having the link to the boards lets them come and look at the group without having to make any kind of commitment (and writing an email requesting info is a commitment). If they email you then go ahead and include the link aswell.

might not be argueing but it can be looked at like that easily enough. I would say you contradict her more than argue though. Im not saying that one of you is right and the other is wrong but Marold is in a position of authority and you being the historian probably should just agree to what she says.

Ill find more examples and post them when i find them. also i know what assuming does and i think so far we are both holding up our parts in that little saying, you more so than me bc you attacked me and called me names when all i did was ask why you argue with someone.

~Lucky~

25. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Marold said: why not just put the e-mail address then? along with the slcff.com. That way they can ask whatever questions they have about the group in the e-mail and I can link the address to the boards in the e-mail?

You said: Because having the link to the boards lets them come and look at the group without having to make any kind of commitment (and writing an email requesting info is a commitment). If they email you then go ahead and include the link aswell.

might not be argueing but it can be looked at like that easily enough. I would say you contradict her more than argue though.

Thats not contradicting, thats called answering a question. Inaddition, I never said, "no I won't include it." In fact, I said the complete opposite! Not a problem, the email will be on there!

EDIT: the rest of my statement is via PM. Check your box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.