main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Daranacon 2007- Updated -01/08/2007

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by JainaDurron, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hi all,

In July of last year I posted that myself and a few others were putting on a con in Kansas City called Daranacon. We had to postpone it this year due to a variety of reasons and it was moved back to 2007.

Well we've begun the process of preparing for it. Daranacon's website has not been updated just yet, so the previous dates are still listed, but the new date for the con is now October 12-15, 2007. It will be held at the Crown Center, Hyatt Regency in Kansas City.

We will be looking for volunteers for con weekend. Volunteers will get a discount for working a minimum number of hours for the con weekend. As we update things, a volunteer mailing list will be created. If anyone is interested immediately or has any further questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks- Jilly

2. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Just to let everyone know the Daranacon website has been updated with the most recent information. If something is not there yet that you have a question on, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll answer it to the best of my abilities. If I can't, then I know to bring it up to the rest of the concom so that we can make sure that information gets posted. :)

3. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Just an update on Daranacon--

We have the following guests:

4. Author GOH: Peter S. Beagle (author of The Last Unicorn)

5. Artist GOH: Tom Hodges (he's done some Star Wars artwork)

6. Special Musical Guest: Local Stranger (they are a local KC band that are huge Sci-Fi fans)

7. Dance Guest: Tempest of Miami

8. We are in the process of further negotiations for a few more guests. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or PM me and I can get you further information.

9. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    ANother guest:

Actor Guest of Honor: Mira Furlan of Babylon 5 and Lost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.