main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Darth Vader assumptions...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by natureboy76, Mar 25, 2013.

?

What did you think was under the mask?

1. Robot/cyborg

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. alien

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    This may have been discussed before and I really didn't feel the need to dig through a million threads so bear with me lol. When you first saw SW as a child what were your imaginations conjuring up for what Vader looked like under his armor and mask? I remember being a very small child thinking he was some lizard looking man underneath (Maybe the miniseries "V" reenforced that lol. Later I though maybe a robot/cyborg until ESB of course:) That blew my mind...I'm just curious as to what my SW brothers and sisters thought all those years ago.....

PS I messed up my poll! I was to have more options but I can't edit it lol:(

2. Grigsy

Grigsy Jedi Padawan

Mar 24, 2013
    Neither, I presumed it was human. The acting was very humanesque. I pictured it as battle armor with fancy electronical equipment.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    interesting indeed.

Like Grigsy, I thought and felt he was human from the beginning when I was a child...Ben Kenobi speaks about him in SW/ANH as a classic human being, and everything else suggests he is.

Of Course, for many children and little kids I guess, who couldn't or didn't learn more in Lucas' interviews and magazines' articles, the suit was a complete mystery, as well as what he could look like inside. Making him awesome, fearsome and mysterious. I didn't envisioned something in particular in that area. Until the back of his skull was revealed in ESB, showing he was basically a scarred and a bit deformed human being.

Actually, movie-wise in the whole OT (save from ROTJ novel, Lucas interviews and movie magazines), it is never mentioned what happened to him, and why he has to wear that supporting suit and mask. Someone who didn't bother looking for more information elsewhere, the casual viewer, isn't told anything, except that he surely dies without the mask on (Luke in ROTJ).

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Human. With breathing problems.