main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Darth Vader, Chewbacca & Wicket are coming to Charlotte!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TuskenFan, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    On August 25th Dave Prowse, Peter Mayhew and Warwick Davis will be coming to here to Charlotte! No details yet as far as where exactly they are going to be but, according to the Official Site, details will be coming soon. We need to try to make this a FanForce outing if we can. I guess as soon as more details are available we can plan this better. Here is a link to the announcement on the Official Site...

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/family/news20060804.html

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK folks! Time to represent! I'll be contacting some by PM to direct them here to this thread.

This is a Friday so hopefully we can all get out for this.

Woohoo! for Charlotte! [face_dancing]

3. DarthNightwing

DarthNightwing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    I might be up for that. But I need to figure out how I can go there. I'm thinking I might ask a friend who live where I live (Morganton btw) can take me. I don't visit Charlotte often, that I not familiar with many new streets & location they keep adding everyday. But hopefully there will be a way for me to get there. I already met Dave Prowse before, but I really want to meet Peter Mayhew & Warwick Davis. I'm thankful I met Kenny Baker at Knoxville last year. :)

4. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Both Jada and I live in Gastonia. It should be pretty easy for you to get to us, just head down 321 South and we could meet somewhere in Gastonia and from there, travel together. Once we have more details we can make more concrete plans.

5. Darth_Julio

Darth_Julio Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2004
    I WILL TRY TO DRIVE BACK TO CHARLOTTE THAT DAY!!!

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I do not read that article to suggest that Prowse, Mayhew, and Davis are coming. I read it that Vader, Chewie, and Wicket are coming. As in, I believe they're just sending out guys in costumes. It never says anything about the actors, but continually says the "characters" will be making appearances. Plus, the associated contest talks about taking pics with the characters. I don't think a bunch of pics with the actors would be anywhere near as interesting as pics with characters. I could be totally offbase on this, but that's how I read the article.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    No, now that I read it I can see your point. Hmmmm [face_thinking]

I wish they had more details in the article.

8. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    I see what you mean but in the article on TF.N there is an update stating that they will also be at Dragon Con and that they are on the guest list, along with Anthony Daniels. Something Jada had said to me was that it seems like they threw this whole thing together really quickly and they really did not have their information straight. At least I hope so... here is a link to the TF.N article...

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/UPDATE_Star_Wars_Hits_The_Road_99638.asp

Awesome! I hope you can make it Julio, it will be good to see you again...

9. DarthNightwing

Apr 4, 2003
    Hmm....I think that could work. I drove through Gastonia a lot on US 321 South. Maybe we could meet at like outside of Western Sizzlin' or Handy Pantry gas station. The one where you encounter along the way of traveling US 321 South. :)

10. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I just think that "Brian" who wrote in for that update is making the same mistake, in that he thinks it is the actors and not the characters. D*Con runs from Sept. 1-4, yet there are two more stops in that tour on the 3rd and 4th in Houston and KC. I don't think those guys are going to leave D*Con in the middle of the weekend, especially Prowse. He's been a part of D*Con for well over a decade and it'd be bad PR for them to ditch in mid-con. That being said, how many people are left for him to sign for? He's been signing forever. :p

It would be kind of like the old "Men Behind the Masks" tour though, if those guys went out again. Too bad the prices aren't the same though. [face_money_eyes] I remember paying $5 each for Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch, Kenny Baker, and Warrick Davis at a "Men Behind the Masks" stop in Charlotte years ago.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    It would be really nice if we all had more information on this. [face_frustrated]

edit

I just sent this to Jeremy@rebelscum.<insert whatever extension belongs here>

Hi Jeremy,

This is Jada, the Chapter Representative of the Charlotte Fan Force.

We've been trying to figure out if the Roadtrip is going to be of the characters or the actors -- meaning is it just going to be some folks in the costumes or is it going to be Prowse, Mayhew and Davis?

This seems like it has been thrown together quickly and it would be helpful to have more information in order to promote it in our city.

Thanks!

~Jada

edit 2

Jada

Notice that LFL says that Darth Vader, Chewbacca and Wicket will be ont eh road trip? These will be costumed appearances, much as in the same way that LFL rolled Darth Vader around the country in the 80s.

Of the three people you named only Warwick is nimble enough to get into a costume, but he has grown considerably since he was in ROTJ at the age of 14.

Jeremy

Admin: Rebelscum.com & Euroscum.com
    Author: The Official(TM) Price Guide To Star Wars Memorabilia

12. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Interesting.

13. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Does that mean you are going to go?

14. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I should be able to. I'm just kind of in shock that they're coming to Charlotte. August 25th is about two weeks away and I won't be out on the road by then, so yeah, I don't see why not. It'd be a sight to see, that's for sure.

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, just to make sure everyone realizes this is not the actors but costumed characters.

AFAIK, there hasn't been any update as to where they are going to appear and at what time.

[face_frustrated]

16. DarthNightwing

Apr 4, 2003
    Uggh. I feel like I been cheated. Couldn't the real one come instead? I'm sure they get more people than just someone in costumes acting like them. :p

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I feel the same way. :( I was really excited for this and then boom! somebody stole my candy.

18. starrenite

starrenite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Even though the actors aren't going to be here, it'd still be a fun event for the group. I work every night (tues+wed off) until 9pm. So I'm assuming I won't be attending the event.

19. DarthNightwing

Apr 4, 2003
    Yeah, but it hard when it's not someone you see on the big screen. Just don't feel the same. :(

20. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    So do we have any idea yet on where they're gonna be?
    DL Purple Pencil

21. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    No, we don't. Which really does suck. This would be a great opportunity to recruit for the group. [face_frustrated]

I'll email Jeremy and see if he has any info. I'll also see if TK-2970 can log into Hyperspace and see if there is any info.

*sigh*

22. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002

I dug up some news from my sources around Phat and I can't find anything out via the underground.

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Yeah, I'm really frustrated with this. I just got this from Jeremy:

I only know what gets posted on sw.com, so if they haven't updated with anything then I'm in the dark as much as you.

Jeremy

Admin: Rebelscum.com & Euroscum.com
    Author: The Official(TM) Price Guide To Star Wars Memorabilia

Anybody got Unkie George's phone number? :confused: 8-}

24. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm sure I could get it...

Not legally, though.

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Um well . . . [face_worried] [face_shhh]

I'd like to be able to at least show at this thing with some flyers for the meeting.

Where is my face_tapping_fingers emoticon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.