main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Darth Vader coming back For Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by black_saber, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    He had to have been, because his "spirit" was released into the Force and he could transcend this plane of existence and enter into Force-Ghost-Status with Yoda and Ben. It wasn't like Luke looked up from his Ewok party and saw only Yoda and Obi Wan, then said to himself: "Oops, guess my dad didn't take."

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  2. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    Vader is dead but Anakin Skywalker will probably come back as a force ghost. The question is which actor would come back. Hayden or Sebastian?

3. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    Palpatine coming back kinda ruins the whole prophecy thing. The EU story was made before The Phantom Menace which was why Lucasfilm didn't really have a problem with it. I guess it's considered non-canon now

4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    It would be worse than bringing back Jar Jar .

5. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I could only see this if a new villain were to take on the Darth Vader persona as sort of a twisted tribute to the Sith Lord. Anakin Skywalker can't be brought back. I don't see how.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    This i like. maybe both a tribute and a revenge tactic against Luke and Leia.

7. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    To me the most logical scenario for the return of Vader is as a Dark Side manifestation (a la The Empire Strikes Back) to one or more of his grandchildren.

One or more of them will be tempted by the Dark Side during the ST, and it does make sense I think for Vader to represent the darkness within themselves. Luke had the opportunity to confront Vader, face the truth, and forgive his father, while Anakin's grandchildren will have to come to terms with that part of their "past" in their own way.

To be honest though, my fear is that someone will try to turn Vader into a Star Wars version of Freddy Krueger. The canon explanation would be something like: "Although Anakin Skywalker himself was redeemed, the monster he became, Darth Vader, forever echoes through the Dark Side of the Force. This echo of Vader is pure evil, lacking the qualities that enabled Luke to redeem the real Vader, and tempts and torments those who leave themselves open to the Dark Side." Although Sidious probably makes more sense in that role, Vader is obviously the more popular and recognizable character, and that would enable the writers of the Disney era to bring Vader back whenever they needed a supervillain.

8. CarthOnasi

CarthOnasi Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2008
    I only read about 25-30 EU books and over 100 comics so far and didn't see any Darth Vader clone yet. As far as i know it didn't happen. (Excuse me if i'm wrong, i don't read other books summaries from Net, to not spoil it, if there is already a Darth Vader clone my post is pointless.)

I like Darth Vader. I joined a local Star Wars fansite story competition and won a Darth Vader mask. My story was about a Dark Jedi wearing Darth Vader suit manipulated by a Darth Vader admirer Planet Governer behind it. (Story was taking place years after Episode 6.)

If an Ordinary Star Wars fan like me can think a story about using somehow Darth Vader in it, how EU writers can't think using Darth Vader in their stories. There are hundreds of books and comics, there are clones of Sidious and Thrawn, how there isn't a Darth Vader clone?

Is it really possible none of EU writers couldn't think Darth Vader clone? It's impossible.

I'm sure they came with this idea. But their ideas didn't accept by Lucasfilm or George Lucas.

Why?

There are 2 possibilities.

1-) They didnt want to use Darth Vader in EU, since he is very important figure of SW movies. So was Sidious, but he has clones in EU. Seems like George Lucas doesn't care EU too much. At least it's what i'm understanding from his words. So why Lucasfilm cares if there is a Darth Vader clone in EU if George Lucas not care EU? Unless...

2-) Unless it contradicts with a future project. Like Marvel's The Tarkin. Marvel's idea was Second Death Star actually, but Lucasfilm didn't let happen since it would contradict with Episode 6, so Marvel changed it to The Tarkin. Seems like to me EU writers can do whatever they like in EU unless it doesn't have any clue from future Movie projects.

Edit: Darth Vader Clone would be Hayden Christensen from ROTS not Darth Vader from Old Trilogy by the way since Clone would be healthy.

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

9. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I think all of us really care about the whole Anakin/Vader story and how it ends in ROTJ.

But let's be honest here. ANY villain they come up with will forever be in the shadow of Darth Vader.

And if that is the way it goes, then so be it.

10. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I love Vader, but my nostalgia does not keep me from realizing there could be better.

11. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Its not nostalgia. Its an undeniable fact.

I ain't saying there is not a chance of having a great villain - but it will always be compared to Vader and for that reason it will likely never measure up.

12. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I think Thrawn could measure up very well.

13. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    In SW fanboy eyes, for sure. I can agree with you on that point.

On the other hand, until he is on the covers of magazines across the world and maintaining iconic status decades on, then I could really concur with you.

14. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Something that has yet to happen cannot be fact. No villain may not measure up to Vader for you, but that does not mean it is universal. It certainly should not mean a need to resurrect Vader.

15. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Just saying. Yes he is an EU character,but he's pretty much the only one that has a slight pop culture signifigance. Which means it's a good chance someone who knows nothing about Star Wars save for the movies, may have atleast heard of him.

I really don't see the character being adapted. Still the character has no magical powers, but is a magnificant military commander. He's looks cool. Has a cool and confident personality that I feel viewers would love. his love of art and how it fits his plans would also be interesting to people. He's also anti-Vader. He's a villain, but not cruel or diabolical. He has the nogri kill the officer who disobeyed his order and failed to capture Skywalker. Yet the second officer who failed the second time after trying a trick, was spared and promoted. Add that scene and you add to Thrawns character, which I'm pretty sure people would have loved.

Not to mention the scene where he's calmly commanding a battle, while at the same time talking to Pallaeon about his plans or art. It's scenes like that where the audience will go, "Man this dude is Awesome." Thrawn's got everything a great villain needs. ONe, who is different, but just as awesome as Vader.

So again he messures up quite well I feel, and he's a good example of a villain who could stand next to Vader. With my point being that it's not impossible to replace Vader.

16. PleaseNoTimeTravel

PleaseNoTimeTravel Jedi Knight

Nov 6, 2012
    At least if we saw Jar Jar, we'd probably see him die. Anakin is essentially immortal (force ghost).

17. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012

Unless if that was a George Lucas mistake. You just have to edit out the ghost spirit at the end of the Return of the Jedi, because the overall story of Star Wars matter much more than how the original films came out as. I am a fan of editing what I write and I am a fan when the Star Wars Original Trilogy was re-released as the Special Edition around 1997 or 1998 or so. I am an artist and I will even do touch-ups on things that I write or draw or make. I don't think it is a bad thing to make all the movies flow better.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    No, it was not a mistake.

19. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Touching up your work is one thing, changing the whole story is completely different.

20. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Sometimes you have to change a story, as a rewrite, to make the story cooler.

21. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    that is not going to make the story cooler. It would ruin it.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  22. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Not when it has already been published. I guarantee you it will not happen.

23. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    why are my threads about the next film being closed? I am just speculating ideas

24. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    You can only make three threads a day. Speculation should also be practical rather than random

25. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    This is crazy people. Vader will not be in EP 7, you can count on it. Now if they did seperate Vader movie afterwards that took place between episodes 3 & 4... now that would be super awesome.