main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Dawn of the Jedi Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    It was announced that John and Jan are going to be doing a new series called Dawn of the Jedi. Since there are quite a few of us who are fans of the duo I figured I'd start a FC for us to speculate and get excited about this new series.

Also looking for predictions on which character we all fall in love with.

Who is excited?1?!

[image=http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1318539058.jpg]

2. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I want.

Evil.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Joining!!!

To quote from elsewhere (as I love this quote):

4. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Sign me up. I leave the boards for a couple of days, and I get back to the best double surprise ever. :D

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm in:D

Spoiler me the lot of ya' though. Cause I wanna know and I doubt I'll ever get these unless someone down the road can show me the comics and that they are awesome. Local comic scene is ugh and so I never got into it.

I wonder though if this is before or after the Jedi begin taking to the stars/galaxy at large and meet the Caamasi.[face_thinking]

6. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    After dropping Invasion, and giving up on the Clone Wars show during season 3, I was afraid that I might eventually quit on Star Wars altogether like I did with Marvel's comics. But hearing that Team Win is back with this new series, my faith has been renewed. I completely agree with Havac in the lit forum:

I hope it's like John'n'Jan's previous works, where they had characters saying and doing stuff. :D

7. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    This is my first time even hearing about this series, and I definitely want in. I had planned to start reading into the furthest depths of BBY after I caught up on everything that takes place ABY, and where better to start than the Dawn of The Jedi?

8. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    To paraphrase C.S. Lewis when he was invited to join an "anti progress club," I don't feel that I need to join, since it could be said that I was born into this club ;)

Been waitin' on this since '77: Bring It On!!!

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Playing through TOR during this beta period made me more excited for this series. Is it out yet? :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Less than a month away now!!!

*hops around excitedly*

I hope. Any new recently?

11. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
  12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I can't wait!!!

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    All I care about is that Red Sith, and whomever built the Tython System.

This series has a definite Legacy/Firefly feel to me thus far, and it hasn't even started yet! :cool:

14. Micro_Chip

Micro_Chip Jedi Knight

Aug 10, 2011
    Sign me up! So excited for DotJ. =)

15. GenSkywalker

GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2010
    So when exactly does Dawn of the Jedi come out???? Definitely gonna get it!!!!

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  17. Micro_Chip

Micro_Chip Jedi Knight

Aug 10, 2011
    Issue 0 is out 1st of February and issue 1 is 15th of January I think. And these are the US dates so if you're somewhere else like me it will obviously take a bit longer to come out.

18. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Issue 1 actually comes out on February 15, not January 15. Really cool preview!

19. GenSkywalker

GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2010
    Nice!!!!! Thanks you guys!!!!

20. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Looks great.

21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok anyone pick up Issue #0? I got mine today. We've got some character names and places which is fun. I have a bone to pick with Wookieepedia since they cut off most of the picture of Sek'nos Rath.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120202131154/starwars/images/thumb/0/03/Sek%27nos_Rath2.jpg/250px-Sek%27nos_Rath2.jpg]

The abs are to die for and I can't believe they cut them off!

Shae Koda (aka new Cade in female form, Orphan, reckless)
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120202131342/starwars/images/thumb/b/ba/Shae_Koda2.jpg/250px-Shae_Koda2.jpg]

Tasha Ryo (intriguing character with force defense abilities. I don't recall seeing this a lot so I can't wait to see how she is used!)
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120202130812/starwars/images/thumb/3/34/Tasha_Ryo2.jpg/250px-Tasha_Ryo2.jpg]

22. Nagai

Nov 15, 2010
    Tasha looks like a Nightsister?

23. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm pumped!

I love how the story started. John's ability to give the reader more background information through use of a story to two young characters really made me smile. I always fear with comics that I get lost easily because I don't have enough word information so I definitely appreciated the way this story started. I really enjoyed the artwork. I loved the details of Trill's outfit as well as the ninja hound (idk how to pronounce Xesh so I'm going to think of him as ninja hound).

I was heartbroken when Legacy ended and I still fear not liking this new series as much but this first issue is a step in the right direction.

24. Nagai

Nov 15, 2010
    So...
    Warfare is like it was in the 16th century? We have swords and huge canons on space ships by the look of things.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, we now have a novel and covers for the next arc, Prisoner of Bogan. Gonna be awesome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.