main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph DC Comics Hits the Reboot Button

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Johnson, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Darksama

Darksama Jedi Master star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    The whole reboot has potential and risk. Overall from what I have seen and heard many are looking forward to the reboot. Personally, I am thrilled to see a larger breadth available to us from DC. On my list of series to get are:

Batman
    DC Universe Presents
    Demon Knights
    The Flash
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Corps
    Green Lantern: New Guardians
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Red Lanterns
    Swamp Thing

Beyond that I will just have to wait and see.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Have just decided to get Resurrection Man as Dan Abnett is writing it, and I'm a big fan of his work.

I'm really tempted by Suicide Squad too as I really like Harley Quinn, but I don't know anything about the other characters.

Still not sure about the rest though.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If Resurrection Man is even 1/10th as brilliant as the original it's going to be a must-read.

Skip Suicide Squad. The writer's terrible (Read, if you dare, Flashpoint: Legion of Doom, and you will know new lows of comic book writing), the artist is mediocre. Not to mention they made Harley look like a Suicide Girl which, apparently, is not a popular move with her fanbase or something.

Instead, consider picking up Animal Man. It's... damn. First issue blew me away.

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I like the look, tbh, but then I'm not an expert on her so I can't say if it's good or bad like that.

I've emailed the place I normally get comics from to start my Resurrection Man subscription. They haven't emailed me back but I'm hoping it'll be ok.

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't really care about her costume, or Harley Quinn as a character for that matter, but the writer on the book is just atrociously bad. I'm fairly certain Suicide Squad will be competing with Detective Comics for worst book of the relaunch.
    [face_sick]

6. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    So how'd the reboot go?

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Same as it ever was - some really good stuff, some really bad stuff, supernatural DC & Jonah Hex are the best titles, etc.

8. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    That's good to hear hope DC Comics doesn't dissapoint.

9. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    All the new Superman titles are a must for me. But the Animal Man series is fantastic. So it Captain Atom.

10. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I've really enjoyed all of the Bat books especially batwoman. The latern books are pretty much the same. Redlaterns is not great. Action comics has be really good. Justice league dark, I Vampire, Demon knights, and Storm watch have been suprisingly kick ass.

11. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Snyder has made the Batman book awesome. I'm loving the Court of Owls.

12. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I've never been into comics from Marvel or DC because I never knew where to start, so I liked the idea of the New 52 as it meant I could get in on the ground floor. Of the ones I've read, most of them struck me as ranging from mediocre to terrible. That being said, I'm loving Batwoman. The art is gorgeous and I like how they're handling her character.