main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Dead Board

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by YoungJedi11, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Nope, no snow. We had about an inch (tops) the day after Christmas, but that promptly melted when we had record warmth a few days later. Since then, it's been rain alternating with dreary overcast skies. So we're soggy, but not as soggy as you.

In other dead board news... go see Finding Neverland. Don't forget the tissues. :)

2. darkknight_152002

darkknight_152002 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    GentleBant: I read an article in the Ventura County Star about a week ago discussing the closure of Fresh Choice. It was scheduled to close on 15 May, so I think it's gone now. There are other Fresh Choice restaurants in Northern California, but ours is/was one of the last ones in the region.

I hope they replace it with a something decent, unlike some of the lousy places in the mall's food court.

3. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    That whole Fresh Choice thing makes me sad, I loved that place.

4. darkknight_152002

Nov 2, 2003
    Has the humidity been terrible or what? The last summer I remember like this was two years ago, and I found myself in a thunderstorm just a few miles west of Frazier Park in the mountains. The lightning wasn't an issue, but the rain was so bad we considering stopped at the side of the road.

5. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    It's been so hot lately, I wish it would rain!

6. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    NO RAIN.

Uh, yeah. :)

I agree about the humidity though...ick!

7. darkknight_152002

Nov 2, 2003
    I saw reports of hail and thunderstorms in the deserts. I love rain, but after seeing what happened in the past year I hope it isn't bad next rainy season. Thankfully, I live in Port Hueneme where landslides are non-existent.

I wish I could go out running....the weather's too bad and I've been recovering from nasty staph infections. I'm glad the Oxnard area has two library systems to keep me entertained.

8. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Yipes! Staph infections sound icky!

9. darkknight_152002

Nov 2, 2003
    Believe me, they are. At one time a blister on my foot became infected and I couldn't walk. I had a blood test for diabetes but the result was good. Even so, I must take care of myself. I might start running next week if nothing persists....I'd like to maintain my strenght, plus exercise helps my back.

I borrowed Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach and Woody Allen's Bananas from the Oxnard Library. Pretty Good. (Yes, I borrowed a book from the childrens' section.... [face_laugh] )

10. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Hello Ventura FF. Did you know that i went down to LA and LOOKED STRAIGHT AT YOUR EXIT?! it was very frustrating for me. I was pinned to the window chanting "ventura! ventura!" hehe. um. yeah.

It was my birthday a week ago, and i got a couch. it was special. Now i don't have to sleep on the floor.:D

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    A couch? You should have let us know you'd be in the area, maybe you could have come to a meeting.

12. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Well i was with a "group trip" so it wouldn't have been possible to go out of my way and attend one. but that's exactly what i was thinking, me and me invisible robe...

13. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    A couch?

:~)

And what exit is us? :) If it was Ventura Blvd, that's quite a ways away.

:~D

14. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I dunno, it had Ventura County on it though, i DONT think it had blv.

15. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Cool!

So what's new with you?

16. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Ah, trying to catch up like crazy with my credits so i can actually GRADUATE this year. Keeping me VERY busy, and it sucks. But i'll get through it....SOMEDAY....

17. darkknight_152002

Nov 2, 2003
    I've been doing the same. If everything proceeded well then I'm already done and shall receive my certification next month. After that I'll look into the local colleges and work from there. Hope you do well! :)

18. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Being done with school is the greatest thing ever. I don't envy you guys. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.