main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM December 2005 Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Alright! It's about that time! There is a change in plans for the meeting this time around. It will be taking place at my home (well, really my parents') in Alamogordo. Please post here if you need me to give you directions, or even the address. :)

This meeting will be unique in that it is a combined meeting plus movie-watching. We've been wanting to get together to watch the Star Wars DVDs for several months now, and this presented just such an opportunity. We've got a large (not huge) TV and Dolby 5.1 sound system, and the comfiest couch I've ever met in my life.

This is important: If you wish to start watching the movies with us, the festivities will begin at 12PM. SWJaggy won't be able to make it in time, so we have obliged and decided we'll start the meeting when she gets to my house (hopefully approximately around 2PM).

The last thing I can think of off the top of my head is that if you feel like bringing snacks or drinks, that would be great and very helpful. Oh, and appreciated. Hope to see you all there!

2. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Sounds good. Confirmation lets out around 1 so I should be there somewhere between 2 and 2:30. Glad I'll be able to make this one as I missed out on the Nov. meeting.

3. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I need directions, but we will bring snacks and drinks along. If anyone has a favorite chip or drink let me know and I will try to oblige.

4. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I need directions and I will bring some snacks and drinks too.

5. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Any word on them directions yet?

6. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Don't worry guys Angie will give you directions soon. Let's hope my car doesn't decide to die on me [face_plain] Sometimes I think I am cursed with bad luck ...

7. Jedibelva

Jedibelva Jedi Knight

Nov 18, 2004
    I need directions as well,I've been looking forword to this since our last meeting.

8. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Good news, I just might be able to get there a bit earlier since my parents have said I don't have to go to church.

Let's just pray that the road conditions aren't bad because then I can't go. I'm sure everything will be fine though.

9. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    That is good news. I'm sure the roads will be okay. See you Sunday.

10. DirtyOx

DirtyOx Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    I'm not sure if I can make this one. Haven't made a meeting yet and it's startin to piss me off. Anywho I was 'told' to get a flu shot, military, and it was supposedly not a live culture. WRONG!!!! Well I don't want to get anyone sick....er so I'm playing this one by ear. (insert ranting, cussing, and thrown objects here)

11. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    It was good to see everyone today. It was also good to meet those I hadn't met before. Hope to see everyone at the Jan 06 meeting. Maybe we can watch the movies. Have a good week. Take care.

12. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    It was good to see Ronnie and Britney again, and to finally meet Mario. Although it was not the meeting we had planned, I think it still went well. For any of you who will be talking with Angie, let her know Nicole and I say get better soon. It was wierd not having her at the meeting to run things.

13. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    The meeting did go well. Missed having Angie there so hope she gets better. Glad you all were finally able to meet Mario yesterday. I'm glad that his parents trusted my mom and I to drive all that way up to Alamogordo.

14. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Hey guys, thanks for the well-wishes. Yesterday felt like a complete disaster for me! But it sounds like you guys held up without me. As a little update on what's going on with me...

I have had back problems for over a year now. I've gone to several doctors, a chiropractor, and finally a physical therapist. Well, one of the most recent doctors prescribed me these pills that basically wreaked havoc on my digestive system (he had no indication that I wouldn't take them well, so no hard feelings). After I started taking the pills, I also entered into physical therapy, which did eventually fix the worst of the pain in my back. However, even after I stopped taking the pills, it killed me to even think of eating.

Well, I basically stopped eating altogether. I have been drinking water, and when I am feeling brave or particularly starved, I have forced something down (with fairly dire consequences). Last few days, I didn't have anything to eat except a cup and a half of yogurt and a piece of toast. Needless to say, I was malnourished, and on Sunday morning, it took its toll. I blacked out while taking a shower, and fainted. I was only out for a second, because I hit my head on the shower wall as I was falling. This is when I decided it was probably time to go seriously consult a doctor about my problem. (No kidding, huh?)

I barely had to wait in the ER waiting room, but once I was out of triage and onto a bed, I was put in a room that was kind of out of the way with my own bathroom (which was nice, but sometimes they forgot about me). Took them three tries to get an IV in me (I was dehydrated so my veins were hard to get to) and they took blood in a couple other places. They were talking stomach scopes and x-rays and all kinds of procedures, when the doc finally came in and said, "I'll prescribe you some antibiotics if that's okay with your regular doctor, and then I'm sending you home." Well, that wasn't okay with my regular doctor, so I basically went home with the usual, frustrating instructions of "Go home, drink a lot of fluids, and get a lot of rest," which I could have heard from my regular doctor. Agghh. I don't get to see a doctor again until Thursday, when my cultures are done being examined in the lab.

Frustrating, to say the least!

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    That must be tough Andrea. Hope you start getting better. And hope the doctors do a better job. I just finished up my Lab rotation today so I can kind of figure out what you've had to go through with the cultures and what not. It's not very fun at least from the looks from the patients I've seen. I'm sure in your case though things will work out for the best.

16. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I hope you are feeling better soon Andrea. I know you do too. Thanks for letting us hang out at your house and talk. I know I enjoyed it and meeting those that I hadn't met before too.

17. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Just keep taking care of yourself Andrea. Don't worry about anything but getting better. I think I speak for everyone in our FF when I say if there is anything any of us can do to help let us know.

18. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Josh is right, if you should need anything we're here for you.

19. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I agree with Josh. Let us know if we can help.

20. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Angie, I am so, so sorry things have been tough for you![:D] I am here for you, if you need it and will keep you in my prayers. I apologize to everyone for missing the meeting. I woke up late and it was already past twelve. I did't want to come to the meeting late. I know I haven't been to one in a long while and I definatly need to make one.

Man, this people at this hospital are such idiots! They can't do anything right, for Pete's sake they overdosed my mother on medication that could have killed her. Incompetent idiots is all the people at Gerald Champion are. Angie, I am hoping you get better. I had no idea the drugs were affecting you that bad. Love you[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.