main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Decipher's handling of Young Jedi Reflections is pathetic

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by 4Q2, Jul 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Young Jedi Reflections is released today.

Whoopee.

Do you detect a lack of enthusiasm in my tone? You should. What has Decipher done to generate any enthusiasm? Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

"July is Coruscant month." We're getting four new cards every day for the new SW:CCG expansion coming out August 1st. Jedi Knights Premiere and Scum & Villainy cards were previewed weeks before they were released. Star Trek Voyager, same thing.

Young Jedi? Nothing.

The set is released today, and we don't even have a complete card list. We get one "newsflash", which looks like an afterthought since half of the content was posted months ago when YJ:R was first announced. At this point, TheForce.Net has devoted more time to YJ:R than Decipher!

It may be time to face facts. Decipher doesn't really care what happens to Young Jedi anymore. If they did, they would have spent more time and money on it.

And that's too bad. Because Young Jedi is (I refuse to say "was") a GOOD GAME! And the new premium cards in YJ:R could have a big impact on the game. YJ:R has something for everybody: The collector (foils), old players (new premium cards), and new players (a healthy dose of cards from previous sets).

Young Jedi:Reflections should have been something exciting. Instead, Decipher sends us the message -- perhaps unintentionally -- that it isn't worthy of notice.

And that's my $0.02 worth. Your opinions and thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

2. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I agree. Decipher is devoting more time to making new games than worrying about what old ones are doing. I LOVE playing YJ, but cant seem to find anyone to play against. the only tournaments in my area are 3 hours away from me, and only held once a month. there has to be a way to revive this game. I would still play and possibly collect if there were more interest. at this point I have ordered one box of YJR and do not plan on getting any more. I have almost every card from the first 4 sets (I think I am missing 20 from BON and DOTF). and all of those are foils and the UR Maul from DOTF. I mean come on, some of us invested in this game and love it and decipher is throwing it down the toilet. since the big D is acting like this I have just turned my money and energy towards SW. I was planning on getting into JK but I would rather spend my time and money on SW and YJ. If YJ folds, I will not go into JK and just stick with tried and true SW. hey, itll be easier to collect right?

3. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I agree with everything that has been said. I've always thought Decipher was a decent company...but I was not impressed much with their handling of YJR. As mentioned, Coruscant and Scum & Villainy were previewed for weeks...but absolutely nothing for YJR. And on the day it is released, we still don't even have a cardlist. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I refuse to believe that YJ is dead; I love the game and I know that YJR and BEP will inject some amazing stuff into the game...as long as Decipher is willing to help it out.

My two wupiupi. :)

4. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I started a similar thtread to this, and I still agree. C'mon D, act like you care about this cool game!

In my break, I had 2 aims: get a heap of Jedi Knights, and a heap of YJ. Even before this time, I was more enthusiastic about the YJ

As it happens, I ended up getting a whole box (a big thing for me) and a box of revised Dagobah instead of the JK.

I liked YJ before, and I like it even more now. Decipher NEEDS to do somwething good with BEP expansion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.