main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Let use know what you think of Dark Lord.

2. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Getting close to falling to page three.

3. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Very nice job on the collage, PLJ! :D

4. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm enjoying Dark Lord very much so far (about halfway through) I think Luceno has done pretty well so far to capture his thoughts and feeling towards Palps/ObiWan/Padme etc...the descriptions of the suit were almost heartbreaking :_| Make me just hate that evil Palps even more!!! :mad:

There are some really great sequences so far - I was gasping aloud at his visit to Alderaan and near run-in with Leia & the Queen :eek:

5. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    *People's Choice Awards
    Has everybody voted for RotS?

6. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    It took me about 3 nights to read "Dark Lord", and while I think Luceno's prose leaves something to be desired at times, I enjoyed the story. I think it gives fairly decent insight into Vader's feelings immediately following RotS toward the Jedi Order, Palpatine, and of course Padmé and Obi-Wan. There are parts of the book that are downright sad, in fact. I also actually enjoyed the non-Vader bits, even though I'm not terribly interested in EU characters I've never heard of before. I found myself really intrigued by the plight of the characters who had to contemplate their place in the universe if they could no longer be Jedi. I think Luceno does a commendable job taking the Anakin to Vader arc to its completion, (because I don't really think that by the end of RotS Vader had completely overtaken Anakin) while in a way (I think) sowing the seeds of the Vader to Anakin arc--the other half of the circle, I guess. Overall, it's an enjoyable read.

7. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Here's a little something for all of you...

[image=http://arriss.skywalkerjourney.com/photogallery/photo26003/Skywalker_christmas_05.jpg]

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    LMAO! Luke and Leia are DEFINITELY up to something no-good, do you think they advised Dad to eat yellow snow? :p [face_laugh]

What a wonderful xmas card Arriss (as always ;) )

9. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    now that is a card I'd love to get.[:D]

10. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I agree totally with the posts on Dark Lord. Anakin's plight in the suit is so sad :_|. I never got that image from the movie or the OT. He is surely trapped. His feelings for Sidious and how they grow are truly eye opening. I do hope they continue to do other sequels to reveal his development. You can see in this how he is convincing himself to forget his former self. It reminds me of some of my students who rationalize so well and build such weak supportive arguments :)

Well I did it folks.. spent a good portion of my Christmas budget on myself over at the StarWars shop. I could not resist a signed picture of Hayden/Vader. Only 200 being made and my weakness was revealed. I am glad none of my cyber friends expect lavish gifts this season :)
    If you have not seen the picture, check it out!!

11. TragicLove

TragicLove Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2005
    I'd love to get my hands on one of those signed Hayden/Vader autographs too, qingauk! Sadly, they're far too expensive for my budget. Not to mention I already asked my Dad for a Vader Force FX Lightsaber Collectible, so that's my pricy gift for this year. But those replicas are pretty awesome, so I guess it's all well and good.

12. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Popping in briefly to say ?MTFBWY? to the A/P Defenders! [:D] It feels like it?s been years?

I?m enjoying the fanart and manips immensely. Well done!

stacysatrip, thanks for that review of Dark Lord. I can?t get enough of Anakin and Vader is Anakin to me ? an angry, nearly insane, tormented, cruel version, but Ani just the same. :D I?ll be picking up a copy of it sometime soon methinks.

13. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Cool card, Arriss!

14. SuperSith44

SuperSith44 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005
    i got a friend to make this to keep the love sorry if i shouldnt have posted this but thought you would like to see it
    [image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Rejected01/anakinPadme.jpg ]

15. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Arriss I love the card you did a good job. :)

16. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Very nice fanart! =D= :)

17. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Well I have always liked fanart.

But enough about that and on to TPM, AOTC, and ROTS. The one thing I have always like about the love story that some of the scenes in the movies are almost the same scenes in the OT. For exmaple the last scene in the TPM and ANH. But I have always liked the last scene in AOTC becasue it reminds me of the last scene in TESB. :)

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Page 3??? What're you doing done there? Riseee! Rissseeee!!!

I'm starting to think it's time to start working on my A/P drawing.

19. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    But I have always liked the last scene in AOTC becasue it reminds me of the last scene in TESB.

I noticed that too. :) Clones and the Empire are similar in so many ways. The last scenes of both movies are so foreshadowing.

20. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    Heh.. time to post our holiday cards! I will get mine up soon.. love that one Arris. Mine does not have a SW theme this year. It has my furry family theme with those who have passed and those who remain.

21. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    You sure got that right. :)

22. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Did anybody see the new Star Wars Poster Book that came out? I was looking through it at Borders recently and found something really nice. There's a new Padme and Anakin pic from Episode II! It was the basis for the poster and it's Natalie wearing the white Naboo nightgown and leaning against Hayden. Somebody should get the book and scan it sometime. It looks really great.

23. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    To all my defender buddies new and old!

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/jedipadmay/acard.jpg]

The dogs in the middle are over the rainbow bridge and Kringa is resting and dreaming of his 'family'.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Awwww what a wonderfully sweet card, Qingauk! I've set it as my wallpaper!

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ahem clicky on the linky - mighty, mighty studly I must say =P~=P~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.